Movie Bohemian Rhapsody

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone find it convenient how bryan singer was fired just before the movie was completed, there's a million and one sexual scandals he's been named in, people accusing him of sexual assault, drugging and rape of underage boys from multiple sources and the victims themselves.

The director is an absolute piece of s**t sub-human scum who should he locked away for a long time but this issue barely gets brought up? This is worse than the weinstein thing, worse than the spacey thing but you barely hear a peep

Last edited:
Anyone find it convenient how bryan singer was fired just before the movie was completed, there's a million and one sexual scandals he's been named in, people accusing him of sexual assault, drugging and rape of underage boys from multiple sources and the victims themselves.

The director is an absolute piece of s**t sub-human scum who should he locked away for a long time but this issue barely gets brought up? This is worse than the weinstein thing, worse than the spacey thing but you barely hear a peep
Really the surprising thing is that Weinstein and Spacey actually got outsted from Hollywood. This is the same industry that has tried to get convicted unrepentant child rapist Roman Polanski off scott free for running away from his legal penalty and acted like he's an oppressed victim and that making critically acclaimed films entitles him to do what he likes or something.

The list of people who signed a petition having a sook that Polanski's crime finally caught up with him is quite depressing:
"It seems inadmissible to them that an international cultural event, paying homage to one of the greatest contemporary film-makers, is used by police to apprehend him," it adds.

The petition has now been signed by more than 70 film industry luminaries, including Polanski's fellow directors Michael Mann, Wim Wenders, Pedro Almodóvar, Darren Aronofsky, Terry Gilliam, Julian Schnabel, the Dardenne brothers, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Wong Kar-Wai, Walter Salles and Jonathan Demme. Actors Tilda Swinton, Monica Bellucci and Asia Argento, as well as producer Harvey Weinstein, have also put their names on the petition. Yesterday, Weinstein stated he was "calling on every film-maker we can to help fix this terrible situation".

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2009/sep/29/roman-polanski-petition
The names on the petition include Natalie Portman, Tilda Swinton, Isabelle Huppert, Penelope Cruz, Diane von Furstenberg, Wes Anderson, Darren Aronofsky, Martin Scorsese, Monica Bellucci, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, Harmony Korine, Ethan Cohen, David Lynch, and Harrison Ford. (Also, Woody Allen, but who's surprised there?)

https://bust.com/feminism/19471-roman-polanski-petition.html
Can't seem to find an actual complete list of signatories though.

Last edited:
Hollywood's incredibly quick to tell the world how progressive it is, yet it embraces people like Polanski, Singer, and even others like Gary Oldman or Michael Fassbender.

The more that these pieces of s**t are called out, the better.

It sucks that it took Singer being unprofessional and no-showing to be fired, but hopefully it's the beginning of the end for him.

Last edited:

To me the biggest crime singer committed was this

x-men-apocalypse.jpg

Slight exception for the beaugitul, talented olivia munn tho

Hollywood's incredibly quick to tell the world how progressive it is, yet it embraces people like Polanski, Singer, and even others like Gary Oldman or Michael Fassbender.

The more that these pieces of s**t are called out, the better.

It sucks that it took Singer being unprofessional and no-showing to be fired, but hopefully it's the beginning of the end for him.

What did Oldman and FassB do?

Alleged domestic abusers.

Doesn't seem to get much coverage for some reason, but both have former partners that made some pretty disturbing allegations of physical assault.
Alec Baldwin is another one, the calls of him going off on his daughter over the phone while drunk are hilarious until you realize she was eleven at the time. Sean Penn reportedly beat Madonna.

Oldman also had that weird interview where he said he was sick of people pretending they didn't call black people the n-word at home which was odd.

Last edited:
I’m a fairly big Queen fan, there was plenty in there I knew didn’t happen or didn’t happen at the time it was depicted but who cares. If it was just supposed to be a blow by blow account of everything that happened it would have been a documentary. I’ve watched the Live Aid performance many times and it was amazing how well it was recreated. Even down to the U2 flag in the left part of the crowd looking out from the stage.

I’m a fairly big Queen fan, there was plenty in there I knew didn’t happen or didn’t happen at the time it was depicted but who cares. If it was just supposed to be a blow by blow account of everything that happened it would have been a documentary. I’ve watched the Live Aid performance many times and it was amazing how well it was recreated. Even down to the U2 flag in the left part of the crowd looking out from the stage.

Time line was all over the place - first American tour was 1974 yet the song depicted was Fat Bottomed Girls - which was on Jazz which was not released until 1979. The actors that played the band could have been body doubles for the original - particularly the guy that played John Deacon. Can't believe that cleaned up and moved the famous Fairmont party - they could have a least had the dwarves with bowls of coke on their heads

Last edited:
Time line was all over the place - first American tour was 1974 yet the song depicted was Fat Bottomed Girls - which was on Jazz which was not released until 1979. The actors that played the band could have been body doubles for the original - particularly the guy that played John Deacon.

Yeah I know, I sat there pointing out a lot of the inaccuracies to my missus. Didn’t really worry me though.

Deacon was absolutely spot on. Especially as he moved into his curly Afro phase.

Yeah I know, I sat there pointing out a lot of the inaccuracies to my missus. Didn’t really worry me though.

Deacon was absolutely spot on. Especially as he moved into his curly Afro phase.

Roger and Brian were only ever interested in a pretty vanilla biopic (which was great because the band was so awesome) but it would have been interesting to see what the Sasha Baron Cohen project would have been like

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roger and Brian were only ever interested in a pretty vanilla biopic (which was great because the band was so awesome) but it would have been interesting to see what the Sasha Baron Cohen project would have been like

Yeah I read a lot of the articles and stuff criticising that they didn’t go into too much depth about the borderline Caligula-levels of depravity that Freddie’s parties involved etc but to be honest, do they need to? Some of his extravagances were alluded to, it was a band biopic not a Freddie one so I was happy for them to gloss over a lot of it. If you’re doing a movie about Ted Bundy, his notoriety stems from his depravity and you make that the film’s focus. If you’re doing a movie about a band who had more great songs than most bands have songs full stop, and one of the members just happened to be fairly excessive in his private life, then you make the band and the music the focus and fill in a few of the gaps.

Yeah I read a lot of the articles and stuff criticising that they didn’t go into too much depth about the borderline Caligula-levels of depravity that Freddie’s parties involved etc but to be honest, do they need to? Some of his extravagances were alluded to, it was a band biopic not a Freddie one so I was happy for them to gloss over a lot of it. If you’re doing a movie about Ted Bundy, his notoriety stems from his depravity and you make that the film’s focus. If you’re doing a movie about a band who had more great songs than most bands have songs full stop, and one of the members just happened to be fairly excessive in his private life, then you make the band and the music the focus and fill in a few of the gaps.

Yeh but the coke dispensing dwarves are part of the Queen canon!

I have a theory about the movie depicting fat bottom girls as the first song. In any movie, a strong opening major piece (music) is important to set the tone. And FBG is a rockin song with an upbeat tempo which matches that part of the movie. Excitement and energy

I suspect it would have been gratuitous to a fault. Respect the guy but his fully scripted film output has not been good enough for me to think his Queen biopic would have been decent by default.

Queen at Live Aid were awesome but I reckon the Freddie Mercury Tribute gig was even better.

Amongst many highlights

Extreme did an awesome Queen medley.
Roger Daltrey & Tony Iommi "I Want It All"
Robert Plant "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"
David Bowie & Annie Lennox – "Under Pressure"
Ian Hunter, David Bowie, Mick Ronson "All the Young Dudes"
David Bowie & Mick Ronson – "Heroes"
George Michael – "Somebody to Love"
Elton John & Axl Rose – "Bohemian Rhapsody"
Elton John – "The Show Must Go On"
Axl Rose – "We Will Rock You"

Then when you think all the stars have turned up, Liza ******* Minnelli arrives to sing "We Are the Champions".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back