Injuries 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

There should be ongoing review of our S & C team but this injury is really not of their doing.

It’s quite probable that he sustained an graze of some sort gardening in his backyard or at his dad’s pizza shop. Then rocked up to training with red and yellow sores all over his leg. One of our medics observed his dodgy leg and prob made the conclusion that he either had leprosy or a staph infection. Will be cleared up in a week.

Just for accuracy, Conca's Pizza shop is run by his grandparents.

Its not that bad.

Sandi and Harley are pretty much to be expected and Conca and Kersten should be back in a couple of weeks. Just Hilly and Blakely missing from realistic expectations for round 1 availability.

And then consider Hogan seems to be ahead of where we anticipated him to be.

I am interested in the Hill estimate especially as he has been running for weeks now, why so long still?

I am interested in the Hill estimate especially as he has been running for weeks now, why so long still?

RTB was quoted a few weeks back saying that SHill will be available approx Rd 3. That is where the 6-7 week estimate is coming from. Blakely around 4 weeks later at Rd 7. SHill is playing catch-up now and will miss out on the PS games for conditioning. Best case scenario would be Rd 2 but more likely with his quad history Rds 3 or 4. Blakely looks on track for Rd 7 which was just over 13 weeks from date of injury.

I’d rather they get the additional conditioning/ match simulation into SHill for an extra week or two so that he can hit the ground running from Rds 3 or 4 than push him back too early. We have prob rushed him back too quickly at times.

I’d rather they get the additional conditioning/ match simulation into SHill for an extra week or two so that he can hit the ground running from Rds 3 or 4 than push him back too early. We have prob rushed him back too quickly at times.
Wise words.

There are injuries every season and with SHill and Blakely a longer term view early in the season is a good idea. Conca, Bewley and Colyer are all mature bodies to use, plus most best 22's don't include Tucker and Banfield who are legitimate options. North, Crowden and Giro too.

took a look at the AFL injuries lists for all clubs. Ours is far from being near the worst. Plus, most of us have no or little expectations on Sandi or Bennell taking the field this year - at most other clubs that would likely have retired and been delisted by now.

That basically leaves Shill and Blakely on the list past w1 of H&A, and both have been injury prone the past years in those same areas.

took a look at the AFL injuries lists for all clubs. Ours is far from being near the worst. Plus, most of us have no or little expectations on Sandi or Bennell taking the field this year - at most other clubs that would likely have retired and been delisted by now.

That basically leaves Shill and Blakely on the list past w1 of H&A, and both have been injury prone the past years in those same areas.
I think Connor has managed to find a different injury each year. I don’t recall him having a hammy before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Freo fans,

Noticed Fyfes not on your injury list. Is the bursitis going to hold him back at all or is he good to go?

Hi Freo fans,

Noticed Fyfes not on your injury list. Is the bursitis going to hold him back at all or is he good to go?
You'll get a good look at him tonight at the REALESTATE.COM.AU AFLX playing for the Flyers at MARVEL Stadium, and probably kicking ZOOPER DOOPER goals as the GATORADE super player.

Does anyone know what’s up with Valente? Didn’t play scratchie, isn’t listed as injured, and from limited training reports seems to be doing his own thing. Surprised he didn’t play yesterday. Was there some lingering injury concern before his draft? Was that why he slid to us? I wanna see #29 out there running around goddammit! 😝

Does anyone know what’s up with Valente? Didn’t play scratchie, isn’t listed as injured, and from limited training reports seems to be doing his own thing. Surprised he didn’t play yesterday. Was there some lingering injury concern before his draft? Was that why he slid to us? I wanna see #29 out there running around goddammit! 😝
Club won't let him out on the field until he has proven he is the second coming of Pav.

(He's been on a modified program for a while. Must be a niggle or some reason they are managing his load. I vaguely recall reading he wouldn't be ready until just before round 1 - so doubt we'll see him during JLT either. Wouldn't worry too much, he'd need to start at Peel anyway - North and Crowden would be next in line as inside mids imo, and Tucker would be ahead of those two)

Rumour is it's containment restrictive training for possible osteo pubitis

Does anyone know what’s up with Valente? Didn’t play scratchie, isn’t listed as injured, and from limited training reports seems to be doing his own thing. Surprised he didn’t play yesterday. Was there some lingering injury concern before his draft? Was that why he slid to us? I wanna see #29 out there running around goddammit!

Belly just said that he is under going a groin rehabilitation and strengthening program.

Also,

Nathan Fyfe is having surgery this week on his troublesome elbow in order to have the bursitis drained. He will miss two weeks of training and may spend a night in hospital, but should be ready for the second JLT match.

Sean Darcy’s calf tightness appears minor and was pulled for precautionary reasons. Harley’s latest set back seems minor with no scans required at this stage. As a result, no pending retirement decision until the 15th of March deadline.

All players pulled up well from the AFLX matches.

Link attached.

https://omny.fm/shows/sportsworld/peter-bell-23-february-2019

Last edited:
Belly just said that he is under going a groin rehabilitation and strengthening program.

Also,

Nathan Fyfe is having surgery this week on his troublesome elbow in order to have the bursitis drained. He will miss two weeks of training and may spend a night in hospital, but should be ready for the second JLT match.

Sean Darcy’s calf tightness appears minor and was pulled for precautionary reasons. Harley’s latest set back seems minor with no scans required at this stage. As a result, no pending retirement decision until the 15th of March deadline.

All players pulled up well from the AFLX matches.

Yet Fyfe is having surgery? WTF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back