Video game catchall

Remove this Banner Ad

I am confident this post will be endorsed by TheBrownDog. I have a Humble Bundle monthly subscription and that means I occasionally get games I already own. I mix up where I give the keys away so its BF Lions turn.

I have a Steam key for Hollow Knight (so PC only folks). Let me know if you want it in the thread and DM me with your Steam ID or email address. Easy Peasy.

No takers? I'll offer elsewhere if no response by tomorrow. (This is a very good Metroidvainia if that is your thing folks).

I am confident this post will be endorsed by TheBrownDog. I have a Humble Bundle monthly subscription and that means I occasionally get games I already own. I mix up where I give the keys away so its BF Lions turn.

I have a Steam key for Hollow Knight (so PC only folks). Let me know if you want it in the thread and DM me with your Steam ID or email address. Easy Peasy.
I'm purely an overwatch player mate and don't have a steam ID, but a very generous offer. :thumbsu:

Agree. A very generous offer, Davemonkey . Hollow Knight looks fantastic and I'm keen to play it. I just don't game on PC these days. Since it's been released on PS4 now, I'll probably give it a look there.

All good folks. I have passed on to a mate from work. I will pass on other spares as they come up. Especially as I keep prevaricating on cancelling my Humble Bundle sub every month.

All good folks. I have passed on to a mate from work. I will pass on other spares as they come up. Especially as I keep prevaricating on cancelling my Humble Bundle sub every month.

I’ve got so many superfluous keys sitting in my Humble account.

*boots up Smash Bros Ultimate*
"Awesome, time to get into some...wait, where the heck are all the characters?!"

Not impressed.

*boots up Smash Bros Ultimate*
"Awesome, time to get into some...wait, where the heck are all the characters?!"

Not impressed.

It's part of the fun... "a new challenger is approaching" is one of the great dopamine hits in gaming.

I'm enjoying unlocking them in World of Light mode too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't played, but in a review I read it mentioned that they were frustrated with that too, until later they found the menu option where you can rematch any challengers that have appeared at your own leisure to unlock them.

I haven't played, but in a review I read it mentioned that they were frustrated with that too, until later they found the menu option where you can rematch any challengers that have appeared at your own leisure to unlock them.

Only that option disappears if you mess it up again.

I suck majorly at Smash if you couldn't tell.

It's one of those "you can't please everyone all the time" things I suspect. Have everyone unlocked at the start and people instead complain about a lack of meaningful single player progression. Considering the online performance is deadset pathetic at the moment, I'm glad that I have the character unlocking to keep me amused for now.

Can understand that tournament organisers will be frustrated by it, but I am sure Nintendo will find a way to sort that.

It's one of those "you can't please everyone all the time" things I suspect. Have everyone unlocked at the start and people instead complain about a lack of meaningful single player progression. Considering the online performance is deadset pathetic at the moment, I'm glad that I have the character unlocking to keep me amused for now.

Can understand that tournament organisers will be frustrated by it, but I am sure Nintendo will find a way to sort that.

At least it isn't SFV with most of the characters paid DLC... The worst option of all. Seriously considering a switch with my quarterly bonus.

At least it isn't SFV with most of the characters paid DLC... The worst option of all. Seriously considering a switch with my quarterly bonus.

It’s a ******* great machine. The indie support is amazing.

It’s a ******* great machine. The indie support is amazing.
Got one myself recently, haven't played it too much yet because... well... Endless Space... but looks good so far. Just some MarioKart and Let's Go so far though. Have got Zelda and Smash too, but haven't even gotten around to sticking the cartridges in :drunk:

Haven't even started looking into the online content.

I'm really glad you're onboard TBD - have loved every second of owning it since launch.
Got one myself recently, haven't played it too much yet because... well... Endless Space... but looks good so far. Just some MarioKart and Let's Go so far though. Have got Zelda and Smash too, but haven't even gotten around to sticking the cartridges in :drunk:

Haven't even started looking into the online content.

Definitely delve into some of the awesome indie games... Hollow Knight, Dead Cells, Into The Breach, Enter the Gungeon, Celeste, Stardew Valley.

Arguably better than the big AAA titles.

The second Civ VI expansion isn’t exactly cheap but it’s really made Civ VI feel like a fully realised experience now.

The weather/climate change stuff is cool but the expanded diplomacy stuff is even better. Really makes your interactions with other civs really meaningful, especially in the late game.

The second Civ VI expansion isn’t exactly cheap but it’s really made Civ VI feel like a fully realised experience now.

The weather/climate change stuff is cool but the expanded diplomacy stuff is even better. Really makes your interactions with other civs really meaningful, especially in the late game.
Yeah I like the new Diplomacy System a lot. I usually just ignored it in most 4X games but it is pretty well fleshed out. On top of that the cultural influence system works a lot better and those borderland cities can change hands regularly.

I still think the end game is the weakest point, especially if you want to play on the longer time frames (which I do). I want to finish my current game but it is dragging on as I look for a science victory. I ended up starting a protectorate war with Montezuma as he wouldn't leave my city state friends alone and nuking him to relieve the boredom.

Just like CIV V, it has taken two solid expansions to make the game feel more "whole".

Got myself a religious victory and hoarded diplomatic favour like crazy to block all congress acts towards me, was very satisfying.

Now to wait for the mods to get fixed.

Just like CIV V, it has taken two solid expansions to make the game feel more "whole".

Got myself a religious victory and hoarded diplomatic favour like crazy to block all congress acts towards me, was very satisfying.

Now to wait for the mods to get fixed.
Oh yes mods! I haven't played for a while as I have been in Paradox Land (Vikings, Panzers and Janissaries! Oh My!) but achievements are disabled when using most mods in their games. I had forgotten that is not the case with Civ.
giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back