Pre-Season Training 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if anyone has posted this but MFC finally have something up confirming the streaming of tomorrow's game. Leaves you feeling a little grubby (no, not him) going to their site but if that's what we have to do.

Match details

Collingwood v Melbourne
Date: Friday, February 22
Match start time: 10.00am (AEDT)
Live stream begins: 9.45am (AEDT)
Venue: Olympic Park Oval
Entry: Free

Live stream

Thanks to Zurich, the match will be streamed live across the Melbourne website and app, with pre-match coverage beginnning at 9.45am AEDT.

If you can't watch live, the full match will be available via the website and app post-game.

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2019-02-20/practice-match-info

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has posted this but MFC finally have something up confirming the streaming of tomorrow's game. Leaves you feeling a little grubby (no, not him) going to their site but if that what we have to do.

And it has a real football aroma about it

Not sure if anyone has posted this but MFC finally have something up confirming the streaming of tomorrow's game. Leaves you feeling a little grubby (no, not him) going to their site but if that what we have to do.

Match details

Collingwood v Melbourne

Live stream

Thanks to Zurich, the match will be streamed live across the Melbourne website and app, with pre-match coverage beginnning at 9.45am AEDT.

If you can't watch live, the full match will be available via the website and app post-game.

So we're getting a live stream on "our" ground for a practice game from "our" opposition yet "our" Club can't do one for our VFL games? :shoutyoldman:

Crystal balling here, but which of Mihocek or Cox is he replacing given he’s a certain starter? Let’s say both JDG and WHE don’t get up early season then the obvious replacements are Beamer and Elliott. Its also unlikely that he comes in for the likes of Varcoe, Stephenson or JT.

Barring injury I can’t see us overhauling the set up that got us to within a kick of a premiership in order to squeeze in a guy with an ok record up forward.

FWIW with Roughie already locked in according to an earlier post of yours that’s at least 5 probably 6 new faces from last years GF. Thats a lot...

That’s my thinking as well. There can be a role for him, but his days as a best 22 lock appear to be done.

Like nahnah it would be nice to be proven wrong, but at this stage we’d be shoehorning him into the best 22 or dealing with injuries. Neither is overly appealing to me.

First of all thanks for taking an interest in my current & previous posts.

A fit Reid will be close to a certain starter. Cox alone for height isn’t enough, it will boil down to Reid performing though

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure if anyone has posted this but MFC finally have something up confirming the streaming of tomorrow's game. Leaves you feeling a little grubby (no, not him) going to their site but if that's what we have to do.

Match details

Collingwood v Melbourne

Live stream

Will they have a Replay of the Game afterwards?

Why Collingwood don't have a Live Stream?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Phillips, but he doesn't have the tools to be elite. JDG is the one if he stays fit, same could go for Elliot.

Being able to run all day is a tool.

Nothing about Swanny screamed elite. He just was.

Not saying Phillips will become elite, but his development so far has been well above expectations. Let's hope it continues.

I spoke to a person a couple of weeks ago who said Shaz was aiming to be back playing after the Bye round.
Big ask I reckon, but apparently Shaz is confident he will be back by then

Having watched him moving around at training, i would think there is every chance he is back by then.His agility is very good and he looks very fit.

Worth noting too that modern ACL grafts are done with quad, rather than hamstring tissue. These are more durable. Part of the long duration in recovery times historically was actually rehabilitating the hamstring area and making sure it was robust. Quad muscles are larger, more durable and therefore less problematic to extract from. Hence Tyson Goldsack's quick and so far successful recovery.

First of all thanks for taking an interest in my current & previous posts.

A fit Reid will be close to a certain starter. Cox alone for height isn’t enough, it will boil down to Reid performing though

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Big call in my opinion that Reid gets an early game in our forward line. Cox is locked in... bar injury. Reid like Mihocek seems good for about a goal a game, but Mihocek seems more agile and quicker and does so much more defensively inside 50 than Reid who appears listless at this stage of his career unless the ball is directly in his hands.

I'd think that most of the incumbent GF side would get first crack from rd 1-5 with the exception of Goldsack playing as a KPD now we have Roughead.

Big call in my opinion that Reid gets an early game in our forward line. Cox is locked in... bar injury. Reid like Mihocek seems good for about a goal a game, but Mihocek seems more agile and quicker and does so much more defensively inside 50 than Reid who appears listless at this stage of his career unless the ball is directly in his hands.

I'd think that most of the incumbent GF side would get first crack from rd 1-5 with the exception of Goldsack playing as a KPD now we have Roughead.
And Beams will be an in.

Interesting selection headache coming up :)

Reid is so overrated on here, hasn't played a good season in about 6-7 years now
I doubt that many really rate him anymore. He could have been picked during the final's series but was overlooked despite lacking tall defenders. He will be depth at best. I'd almost be prepared to bet a naked run around the Holden center against Reid getting a game ahead of Mihochek.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back