Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think it's Spittas role if he wants it, but if he is even questioning whether or not he wants it, or whether or not he can handle it with his family commitments then surely it goes straight to Touk. Haven't seen enough of Witts in the short time he has been at the club to comment on his credentials.

Don't see the issue with giving it to Touk personally. Since he got drafted hes played 82/88 games and has improved every season, so I can't see him fading well out of the 22. He most likely won't end up an A-grade, star of the competition, but that is not a requisite of being given the captaincy. And if chosen, it will be because the players and staff believe in him to step up and be responsible for the club, and feel comfortable with him being the leader on game day. He oozes leadership which has been a trait of his since at least his u/18 year so he is a natural leader and not one looking to be groomed into the role due to a lack of options. And his age shouldn't be an influence given Dew's mantra on age. If he's good enough, hes old enough.

Its good to see we have young leaders being groomed and coming through the ranks though. Makes for a stronger, closer unit than we've had before.

I disagree. Most 22 year olds sign shorter contracts because they believe they'll be worth a lot more when they hit their peak around 25-27.

You guys are underrating Touk a bit, he makes an awesome pressure forward too.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can only agree. Miller improved every year except 2017 when he missed most preseason after ankle reconstruction. Just entering his prime years. I expect him to improve again.

Off topic but just letting our hard core supporters know there are only 2 spots left in the GC Suns Supercoach League - there must be two of the regulars who haven't signed on! Go to the SC thread and register.

....and Swallow for me. Deserves it and will flourish as a leader of a team he clearly loves. Miller as VC for a while before the more talented come through for long term. Bowes, Brodie, Ainsworth etc as long as we keep them - even Lukosious down the road a bit is leader material.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-22/all-change-as-suns-launch-combative-fightback-campaign

"will rest" suuure. I don't think it's a coincidence they're gonna rest the three potential captains...
Maybe it's obvious and I'm missing something but why would you elect to rest all of your leadership? The squad we are sending for the praccy against the lions will be missing at least Swallow Witts Miller Weller and Harbrow. Would be surprised if Rischa plays aswell...

Maybe it's obvious and I'm missing something but why would you elect to rest all of your leadership? The squad we are sending for the praccy against the lions will be missing at least Swallow Witts Miller Weller and Harbrow. Would be surprised if Rischa plays aswell...
I'm not sure, but when I read that I did come to the thought that maybe the decision on captain will be made then.

I reckon the captain is Swallow. The campaign poster has the coach with his wife and kids, and Swallow with wife and kid.

Lock it in.
This is the kind of deep dive analysis I love this place for ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back