EDFL Premier Div 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always astounds me why people bother to post about recruits without naming them!
'Put up or shut up' has always been a worthy motto.
I have to agree, if you're not going to name a name or put something substantial on here with a new post then don't bother posting!!!!!

I have been told that a certain West Coburg coach (mainly juniors) has gone to Avondale Heights and wants to take up to eight senior players with him. Not sure that many will be allowed but the clubs could come to some financial agreement. Anybody else heard this?

I have been told that a certain West Coburg coach (mainly juniors) has gone to Avondale Heights and wants to take up to eight senior players with him. Not sure that many will be allowed but the clubs could come to some financial agreement. Anybody else heard this?
Newatthis, you are being a touch hypocritical. You have a go at the EDS faithful for not naming names and you do the same. You are obviously referring to Fabulous Phil Cleary going to AH.

Noticed another senior player from SM leaving with young Condon heading to SA. I am struggling to pick out any big ins at this stage - will they have the young talent coming through to fill these holes?
EDS seem to be recruiting nicely with some players coming back to the club and a couple of new recruits - obviously Kyle Hardingham will have the biggest impact as a coach and a very good footballer - can they climb the ladder and challenge for a finals berth?
There could be some surprises this year I reckon with only Abers and Keilor certain to play finals in my eyes.

Newatthis, you are being a touch hypocritical. You have a go at the EDS faithful for not naming names and you do the same. You are obviously referring to Fabulous Phil Cleary going to AH.
When did I have a go at the "EDS Faithful" for not naming names. I asked for names. And to yes it was Mr Cleary I was referring to. To be honest my old timers kicked in and I couldn't remember his name, just knew he had coached a lot of junior sides.

Noticed another senior player from SM leaving with young Condon heading to SA. I am struggling to pick out any big ins at this stage - will they have the young talent coming through to fill these holes?
EDS seem to be recruiting nicely with some players coming back to the club and a couple of new recruits - obviously Kyle Hardingham will have the biggest impact as a coach and a very good footballer - can they climb the ladder and challenge for a finals berth?
There could be some surprises this year I reckon with only Abers and Keilor certain to play finals in my eyes.
A month ago I predicted EDS would come 5th.

A month ago I predicted EDS would come 5th.

They won’t finish anywhere near 5th IMO. They have added a few in Wearne, Boyse and Hardingham but not sure who the other ones are people are talking about ?
Kazuro and a couple of fringe players out. The list struggled for majority of 2018 so can’t see the rapid improvement in 2019.
Hoping they play well and for new coach and can compete in most games but relegation would still be right on the agenda. APW firm favs to drop back I think but Glenroy, AH, EDS all pretty similar and maybe Marby.
Abers
Keilor

(Daylight)

Greenvale, Pascoe Vale, Strathmore

(Daylight)
Marby.
Glenroy, Avondale, EDS
APW.

Last edited:
They won’t finish anywhere near 5th IMO. They have added a few in Wearne, Boyse and Hardingham but not sure who the other ones are people are talking about ?
Kazuro and a couple of fringe players out. The list struggled for majority of 2018 so can’t see the rapid improvement in 2019.
Hoping they play well and for new coach and can compete in most games but relegation would still be right on the agenda. APW firm favs to drop back I think but Glenroy, AH, EDS all pretty similar and maybe Marby.
Abers
Keilor

(Daylight)

(Daylight)
Marby.
Glenroy, Avondale, EDS
APW.

My mail tells me APW will be ok this season and hoping to avoid any relegation issues. Glenroy appear to have lost a couple and not sure they have recruited much. I’m thinking they could be a chance to end up last. Will they have 19s this season?
Marby will be fine but won’t be top5.

I'm not sure Marby will be ok this season Turbo!!! In saying that I don't think they will be a relegation threat as they had reasonable depth and strong 19s the last couple of years.
The list of names to already depart would make me nervous if I was a supporter. In saying that, I'm sure they have recruited some good players that we are not privy to yet?

It will be great to have the footy back soon and I will get to have a look at AW when Wallan play them in a trial on the 4th. Will be a good test for us and AW get to play a pretty good side too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abers
Keilor

(Daylight)

(Daylight)
Marby.
Glenroy, Avondale, EDS
APW.
The played some ok football at times I believe. They lost a hand full of games by only a few points so where they finished could of been different if they would of won a few of those games. It looks like they have got some good juniors (20 year olds) coming back to the club. More skill and talent than the fringe players that have gone. These boys would easily hold down seniors spots.
They will still cop a few big losses but the last game from last season will give the players belief.

I'm not sure Marby will be ok this season Turbo!!! In saying that I don't think they will be a relegation threat as they had reasonable depth and strong 19s the last couple of years.
The list of names to already depart would make me nervous if I was a supporter. In saying that, I'm sure they have recruited some good players that we are not privy to yet?
Did they have strong 19's or were they good because Abers, Keilor and EDS lost their best players to the Cannons and Jets? I don't believe any Marby players made those sides.

Can someone please get this forum going for 2019. F@cking boring.
Is it the impact of the salary and points cap?
1. Marby lose 8 of their best from 2018. Plenty of room in salary cap, however cannot land any big recruits. Why?
2. Glenroy going under the radar. Gun country Full Forward about to sign. Ex EDS Presidents son about to sign.
3. Avondale Heights going cap in hand to EDFL.
4. Greenvale poaching EDFL player.
5. Aberfeldie recruit Cacchia to replace Blackwell. Then Blackwell returns. Do they have cap issues.
6. Keilor is it Micks last year, if so HUGE shoes to fill.

That's a start......

1. Marby lose 8 of their best from 2018. Plenty of room in salary cap, however cannot land any big recruits. Why?
2. Glenroy going under the radar. Gun country Full Forward about to sign. Ex EDS Presidents son about to sign.
5. Aberfeldie recruit Cacchia to replace Blackwell. Then Blackwell returns. Do they have cap issues.

That's a start......
Greenvale poaching.Reimers? Glenroy signings ? Names please

Last edited:
Did they have strong 19's or were they good because Abers, Keilor and EDS lost their best players to the Cannons and Jets? I don't believe any Marby players made those sides.
They had no rep players but they did have some good players and they had depth and where well coached by mo kakour and to use an old adage a champion team will always beat a team of champions

I am not all over the Cannons squad and feeder clubs sorry Newatthis, I was really only referring to the results of Marby 19s over the last couple of years. I'm certainly not saying that these kids will fill any holes created by the departures of some of the big names either - we all know it can take some of these kids a few years to develop into solid senior footballers.

That's a start......
Good stuff Orbit

Marby will be ok , maybe not finals but will be one of a couple pushing the top 4 sides. Watch out for Keilor, smashed by injuries last year but still managed to make GF, lost some quality but replaced it.
Relegation race between APW, AH and Glenroy

1. Yep - Marby will struggle. Enough quality to avoid a relegation scrap in Mckenzie, Clarke, O'Brien, White, Kokk, Breust, Cornell, Bance plus a few VFL listed signings. In relation to big fish signing - do they have the resources out the approaching the right players? They will be set up well under Laidley and probably hard to score agaisnt on the cow paddock that is their home ground (maybe another turn off for potential recruits) but the big teams will be too strong. Finish 6th or 7th IMO.

2. I still think they are in the bottom 2 or 3. AH my tip to go down.

3. As Above.

4. You'll notice I didn't write Keogh in the listed Marby players. If Marby allow a league BnF, contracted star player to leave after the exodus that has already occurred weeks out from your first practice game they should just shut up shop for the year. Unless Greenvale pay out time and a half of his contract and you make $25-30k.

5. Interesting topic. Will probably be one to watch. Is Blackwell still in line to take over Potter?

6. Mighty Mick. What a legend he has been/is!!!
Blackwell will coach at some stage Potts to become Footy Manager

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think you will find the Marby hierarchy are scratching their heads as to why they cannot land recruits, especially a ruckman. They have plenty $$$ to spend.
Reimers whilst a match winner is high maintenance. Both Greenvale and Aberfeldie glad he has moved on.
Keogh will be cleared, $$$$ will be the determining factor. Tough negotiator at Section Road, he owes Marby. Hopefully he has done his research on Zak.
Anderson and Purcell are the names I'm hearing at GFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back