The Baptism Of Fire

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It occurred to me this evening while I was contemplating the reaction to the co-captaincy decision that this is just Port Adelaide's way.

Whilst outsiders (and even some insiders) may see this as the club imploding in reality this is the way the club has remained successful for such a long time.

If you perform poorly, if you don't win, if you want to make change, then you had better be ready to be confronted about it. The members will let you know in no uncertain terms. Just like the old days of post match reviews back at Alberton with everyone having their say.

You either rise above it and prove them wrong (Jack Cahill, Mark Williams) or you succumb and get forced out the door (John James, Ryan Lonie).

Well done to our supporters for keeping the bastards honest. Instead of it just being back at Alberton now it happens on the internet, on social media, on talkback etc. as well.

Over to you Ken, Tommy and Ollie.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Maybe, but you’re a bit harsh on James. He was a good man, appointed essentially by the SANFL who refused to bow to the SANFL and acted only in the best interests of the club. Putting him in the same brackets as the softest footballer of all time is harsh.

Maybe, but you’re a bit harsh on James. He was a good man, appointed essentially by the SANFL who refused to bow to the SANFL and acted only in the best interests of the club. Putting him in the same brackets as the softest footballer of all time is harsh.

John James was fully fledged "move away from history and tradition" and unfortunately nothing else he did or said can overshadow that fact.

I think your view of John James is foggy, he was the man that would have seen us become the southern power, we talk about the management being out of touch with its members, John James wasn't in the same ball park, he was a business man first and foremost.

All I want to ask is if the no.1 Guernsey has been retired and given to us supporters. We are number one right?

Would be so corny and embarrassing.

John James was fully fledged "move away from history and tradition" and unfortunately nothing else he did or said can overshadow that fact.
He was a flake but at least he was transparent with his agenda. The current regime are just the same except they publicly spruik "the traditions of this great club" as a way of fleecing members. That's far more insidious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It lacks the vivid imagery but you could equally call this thread “Accountability” because essentially that’s what it’s about. Sadly the current administration probably can’t even spell it.
Then it's up to us to make them.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back