Your Aust Test team (of those you've seen live)

Remove this Banner Ad

Like in person? If so

Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Smith
Clarke
Hussey
Gilchrist
Warne
Johnson
Gillespie
McGrath

12th man: Warner

Live, at the ground, in a Test:

Hayden
M Taylor (as much as he is a twonk of the highest order, Warner could replace either of these)
Ponting
Smith (the currently banned one, not the 1980s opener)
Border
S Waugh (that five and six provides plenty of fight if he top four fail)
Healy (the better gloveman over Gilchrist as the batsman-keeper)
Warne
Gillespie
Alderman (not so sure here, might depend on conditions - a certainty for swing and seam friendly)
McGrath

If including TV and/or seen at the ground in non-Tests; G Chappell and Lillee get in; and maybe Reid despite his relative lack of games
Of the current bunch, only Cummins seems like he could make it but there's a way to go yet

Hayden
M Taylor (as much as he is a twonk of the highest order, Warner could replace either of these)
Ponting
Border
Warne
Gillespie
Alderman (not so sure here, might depend on conditions - a certainty for swing and seam friendly)
McGrath

If including TV and/or seen at the ground in non-Tests; G Chappell and Lillee get in; and maybe Reid despite his relative lack of games
Of the current bunch, only Cummins seems like he could make it but there's a way to go yet

I have little to say on your selections other than to express that I hope your use of the word ‘twonk’ was inspired by the staff member who brought the Red Dwarf crew ‘back to reality’ as it were

Hayden
Ponting
Border
Warne
Gillespie
McGrath

Bruce Reid was amazing, he destroyed England in the 1990/91 Ashes it was such a shame that he had a pipe cleaner for a spine.

I have little to say on your selections other than to express that I hope your use of the word ‘twonk’ was inspired by the staff member who brought the Red Dwarf crew ‘back to reality’ as it were
I'd rather smear my testicles with fish paste and dangle them in a pool of hungry piranhas than claim any knowledge whatsoever of this Red Dwarf you speak of, smeghead.

I'll do a slightly different take, players who I've seen who at one time or another destroyed the opposition in a breath taking way during a test:

1. Hayden
2. Warner
3. Ponting
4. Smith
5. Clarke
6. Symonds
7. Gilchrist
8. Warne (c)
9. Johnson (vc)
10. Harris
11. McGrath

That Ashes test where Hayden and Symonds used a session to absolutely obliterate England was my favourite session of any test I've ever seen (yes, I'm a Qlder).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Border
S Waugh
Gilchrist
Warne
Merv Hughes
Ryan Harris
Lillee
McGrath

Be top heavy with bowlers could maybe put Hussey in at 6 and take out Harris.

Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Smith
Clarke
Hussey
Gilchrist
Warne
Johnson
Lee
Mcgrath

Started watching in 1992, so on that basis I can't really include Border as I simply never saw him at his best; having said that, he'd be in my all time Australia XI.

Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Smith
Clarke
S Waugh
Gilchrist
Johnson
Warne
Harris
McGrath

I really wanted to get Hussey in there but just went for Clarke over him, and likewise I had a hard time not putting Gillespie in there, but Johnson's left arm variety and sheer brutality in his 2013-14 halcyon gets him in for me.

Likewise, I consider Healy a much better keeper than Gilchrist and in fact probably the best keeper I have seen full stop; but Gilchrist's batting is impossible to ignore.

Cummins
Cummins
Cummins
Cummins
Cummins
Cummins (c)
Cummins (wk)
Cummins
Cummins
Cummins
Cummins

Cummins pretty stiff to miss out. Cummins can have a bowl if my bowlers need a rest.

What about non-Australian players?

1. Sehwag
2. Tendulkar
3. Sanggakara
4. Kallis
5. Kohli
6. Lara
7. De Villiers
8. Akram
9. Steyn
10. Bond
11. Muralitharan

Goodness me, there’s a second and third team just as good most likely. I even had to play a few of these guys out of position.

Really want to include all of Cook, Pujara, Dravid, Jayawardene, Amla, Philander, Rabada, Williamson, Dhoni, Donald, Walsh, Ambrose, Waqar, Pietersen, Flintoff, Cairns, Anwar, Yousef, Khan, Richards, etc but some were in their prime just before my time or not quite there yet.

M Hayden
D Boon
R Ponting
Greg Chappell
S Smith
A Border
A Gilchrist
S Warne
J Gillespie
D Lillie
G McGrath

Remove this Banner Ad