Position 2019 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

If it was 2013 or 14 Yes!

Last 3 seasons he has stagnated at around 80ppg average and do not see that improving regardless where he plays at his age and he is 31 soon.

Only upside is his body as he is durable and rarely injured.

Could also return home to Victoria after this season as he becomes an UFA and rumors about the Cats are doing the rounds already as he grew up in Geelong and the Cats went hard at him a few years ago.

If Port get wind of the fact he may be leaving you would think Hinkley could play funny buggers with him towards the end of the season in favor of the kids and i don't see Port making the Top 8 this year.
An old midfielder is exactly what the Cats need too.

Even though the doggies midfield scares me, really want to fit Dunkley in. Even if he's only mostly going to play mid I'd like to start him, his last 10 rounds last season were premo mid numbers, can't pass that up.
The 6th best mid averaged 98 last year. At worst in a mixed mid-forward role Dunkley averages 90 - at best he goes nuclear at 105-110. It's a very good risk IMO. Anyone who puts up uber premium numbers over two months at 500k is a steal.

The 6th best mid averaged 98 last year. At worst in a mixed mid-forward role Dunkley averages 90 - at best he goes nuclear at 105-110. It's a very good risk IMO. Anyone who puts up uber premium numbers over two months at 500k is a steal.
:think:

k.gif

Should have been more specific perhaps. Not just two months at random, but this is a third year midfielder at the back end of his third season actually proving that he's capable of going to the next level. People picked Sicily last year off 109, 46, 104, 97, 130, 107, 25, and 116 in the last two months of 2017. Dunkley's numbers were significantly better than that, putting him well above what you'd hope for from your F6 at best. Would take something massive for him to not pay off at his price, but that's just my opinion.

Should have been more specific perhaps. Not just two months at random, but this is a third year midfielder at the back end of his third season actually proving that he's capable of going to the next level. People picked Sicily last year off 109, 46, 104, 97, 130, 107, 25, and 116 in the last two months of 2017. Dunkley's numbers were significantly better than that, putting him well above what you'd hope for from your F6 at best. Would take something massive for him to not pay off at his price, but that's just my opinion.
Potential gun player agree, his mid competition for him is a disaster.
I not picking him because I have room for other premos in his spot, good luck.

Dunkley’s season last year saw him average 9.6 possessions a game more than in 2017(Best increase in the AFL). Expect that to continue in 2019. Now I’m not saying I’m Rolf Harris, but I’m all about them kids :padlock:

Dunkley’s season last year saw him average 9.6 possessions a game more than in 2017(Best increase in the AFL). Expect that to continue in 2019. Now I’m not saying I’m Rolf Harris, but I’m all about them kids :padlock:
So you're Michael Jackson?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't worry, everyone else will pick him up once he's gone up 50k after the first month ;)

don't worry, everyone else will pick him up once he's gone up 50k after the first month ;)
I'm chilled kenty.
Would love another Bulldogs stud like last year to step up in the fwds.:thumbsu:

He has some nice pedigree, can he be the BIG Dawg?

Really expensive pick who has zero history, but if you need to take the risk, he may be a worthy campaigner?

Given Dunkley's impact as a half forward was minimal and clearly as a midfielder he was having an enormous impact on Dogs ability to clear the pill, i would be shocked if his mid/fwd split wasn't heavily weighted towards playing in the guts.

The Libba addition has to impact him slightly though.
I don't think he will scale the heights of his back half of 2018, but i think you can safely lock him in for 95-100.

Last edited:
Dylan Moore kicked 2 for Hawthorn last night against Carlton in the scratch match. Had a huge VFL final series last season and from all reports has put in a massive pre season. 123k FWD only option. Looking forward to seeing what he can do in the JLT. Could be a decent rookie POD if picked for round 1.

You worried about McLean? Dunkley only came good when McLean injured his shoulder and his output dropped.

You worried about McLean? Dunkley only came good when McLean injured his shoulder and his output dropped.
To an extent, yes. At stages I’ve had both Dunks and McLean starting up fwd for me. Have gone off that now believing atleast one may be impacted to start the year with all the unknowns on who the Dogs mids will be and how Libba returning to the fold impacts the rest. Also had Macrae once Titch went down but just recently took him out too for the same reason. Still believe his(Macrae’s) numbers will be good, but with other uber premos in my side it really diminishes my depth on all lines. Can’t have them all unfortunately. Hoping Dunks keeps progressing and plays that mid role he really shone in late last year. JLT will be a big watch for me on all players, not just rookies.

Heeney just gave a dud handball in the defensive 50 resulting in a GWS goal, I know it's a praccy match but everyone should drop him :moustache:

It was actually James Rose but don't tell anyone

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back