LVFL 2021

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Seems pretty quiet out Loddon Valley way. Plenty of recruits out Miti way but doesn't anyone know whose left? Jake Hall to Calivil looks a good get they will be handy enough again. Bridgey picked up any of significance? Heard Brad Rohde has made his way back into Strath.

hank2

Team Captain
Apr 23, 2009
in a house
AFL Club
Richmond
Is Mildren retiring Roota? I heard he was going again but could be wrong. Also any word on Pyramid Hill? Heard next to nothing out there.
Haven’t heard much from teams in Loddon Valley, anyone shed some light on who will improve/ slide?

I’m tipping the ladder to be:
Newbridge
Mitiamo
Maiden Gully YCW
Bears Lagoon Serp
Pyramid Hill

Inglewood
Calivil
Bridgewater
Marong

Sep 16, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
G'Day All - Interested in your thoughts as to how the LVFL stacks up against the Heathcote league. Currently playing out there but the commuting from Bendigo is not ideal (my team isn't based there) so looking at either YCW or Marong to have a run this year. Will be 36 this year so only looking to plod around in the 2nds but was interested in how the standard would compare.

Any insights would be much appreciated, particularly from anyone involved in either of the BTown clubs.

Cheers

hank2

Team Captain
Apr 23, 2009
in a house
AFL Club
Richmond
G'Day All - Interested in your thoughts as to how the LVFL stacks up against the Heathcote league. Currently playing out there but the commuting from Bendigo is not ideal (my team isn't based there) so looking at either YCW or Marong to have a run this year. Will be 36 this year so only looking to plod around in the 2nds but was interested in how the standard would compare.

Any insights would be much appreciated, particularly from anyone involved in either of the BTown clubs.

Cheers

I reckon the HDFL standard is about 15 goals better than LVFL

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda

Cheers

I played in both comps but years apart. The Heathcote league at the top end is quite a way ahead of the LVFL in standard but that’s not degrading the LVFL. I really enjoyed my time in the LVFL and found it to be a great community league full of wonderful people.

I played at Marong and loved the place

Sep 16, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
I played in both comps but years apart. The Heathcote league at the top end is quite a way ahead of the LVFL in standard but that’s not degrading the LVFL. I really enjoyed my time in the LVFL and found it to be a great community league full of wonderful people.

I played at Marong and loved the place
Awesome - Thanks for the info. The missus has a connection to Marong as her old man played there so am thinking that will be the way I go.

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Haven’t heard much from teams in Loddon Valley, anyone shed some light on who will improve/ slide?

I’m tipping the ladder to be:
Newbridge
Mitiamo
Maiden Gully YCW
Bears Lagoon Serp
Pyramid Hill

Inglewood
Calivil
Bridgewater
Marong
I'd be surprised if Marong ran last I think they are shaping up to be a chance to play finals. Serp have been talked up the past couple of years but haven't been able to finish in the top 4 so still a question mark on them. I think Inglewood will still be in the bottom 2 and Bridgewater have alot of clearances in from the MCDFL and the quality of them will determine if they can play finals or be in the bottom bunch.

hank2

Team Captain
Apr 23, 2009
in a house
AFL Club
Richmond
I'd be surprised if Marong ran last I think they are shaping up to be a chance to play finals. Serp have been talked up the past couple of years but haven't been able to finish in the top 4 so still a question mark on them. I think Inglewood will still be in the bottom 2 and Bridgewater have alot of clearances in from the MCDFL and the quality of them will determine if they can play finals or be in the bottom bunch.
Really? I haven’t heard much regarding Marong apart from their losses of best player Fitzpatrick and the big fella Cam Ross.
I hope Miti and Newbridge aren’t too far ahead of the rest of the pack, everybody loves an even comp!

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ben Gregg, Kyle Manley and Nath Devanny are back amongst many other new faces..without being around the club for a while I feel the panthers are placed ok
Adam Ward from Rochester will be very handy, Nathan Walsh and Jeremy Salinger from Picola and possibly the best of them could be Harry Graham a Centre Half Back from Geelong.

Back