Teams 2019 My RDT Team: H&A

Remove this Banner Ad

not keen on english unless becomes apparent he is the number 1.
Ill probably wait now until JLT to see rookies become clearer and watch the rucks to see what way I go.

Heeney probably the 1 in the gun but then still probably leaves me with a ruck im not comfortable with
I think Heeney is a guaranteed top 6 forward.

Agree and thats why I had him in when I was able to have the luxury of Longer at R2.
Had to find $$ somewhere and he was the one I went with for now but still firmly on my radar.

For the record my team is:

Lloyd Sicily Witherden Smith Hanley Collins | Logue Quaynor
Kelly M.Crouch Merrett Adams Hall Walsh Bewley Gibbons | Constable Hind Atkins
Grundy Gawn | Fort
Danger Dunkley Kelly Greene Setterfield Cavarra | Corbett Parker

Im not happy with all the $$ in those 3 def rookies so hoping 1 or 2 cheaper options pop up and I may be able to use that money somewhere else which may be needed to get the right rookies. Obviously not all those rookies play but they are placeholders for now. Gawn not locked pending Preuss selection and any other viable candidates appearing which could mean Greene back up to Heeney which id love.

Also has started well last two years before tailing off a bit IIRC

Last year copped a concussion against Richmond was it? So somewhat slightly underpriced.

He'll be my starting F2 unless something drastic happens.

Also has started well last two years before tailing off a bit IIRC

Last year copped a concussion against Richmond was it? So somewhat slightly underpriced.

He'll be my starting F2 unless something drastic happens.
All going well over the next 4 weeks, this will be Heeney's first completed pre season. Added to a more permanent mid field role, it wouldn't surprise me if he finished in the top 3 of forwards.

All going well over the next 4 weeks, this will be Heeney's first completed pre season. Added to a more permanent mid field role, it wouldn't surprise me if he finished in the top 3 of forwards.
Gawn to Jacobs allows me to go Greene to Heeney.
As I said in the ruck post im not sold on Sauce but if Greene doesn't show in JLT and impress that could be sightly tempting to take that gamble

Agree and thats why I had him in when I was able to have the luxury of Longer at R2.
Had to find $$ somewhere and he was the one I went with for now but still firmly on my radar.

For the record my team is:

Lloyd Sicily Witherden Smith Hanley Collins | Logue Quaynor
Kelly M.Crouch Merrett Adams Hall Walsh Bewley Gibbons | Constable Hind Atkins
Grundy Gawn | Fort
Danger Dunkley Kelly Greene Setterfield Cavarra | Corbett Parker

Im not happy with all the $$ in those 3 def rookies so hoping 1 or 2 cheaper options pop up and I may be able to use that money somewhere else which may be needed to get the right rookies. Obviously not all those rookies play but they are placeholders for now. Gawn not locked pending Preuss selection and any other viable candidates appearing which could mean Greene back up to Heeney which id love.
I would personally go Heeney rather than Dunkley. Just a few too many queries imo as to exactly how Dunkley will be played. Will Libba take mid field time from him? Will McLean go back to the mid field role he played in first half of season (prior to his injury). Everyone at the dogs are raving about Smith who may also take some mid time. With Dahlhaus gone, who will now play that high half forward role?

I would personally go Heeney rather than Dunkley. Just a few too many queries imo as to exactly how Dunkley will be played. Will Libba take mid field time from him? Will McLean go back to the mid field role he played in first half of season (prior to his injury). Everyone at the dogs are raving about Smith who may also take some mid time. With Dahlhaus gone, who will now play that high half forward role?
I get that point of view for sure.
As someone who jumped on Dunkley early in his rise last year my judgment is probably clouded by how good he was for me last year. If he maintains the role he is must have and great value. Definitely more risk than Heeney though in potential downside

I get that point of view for sure.
As someone who jumped on Dunkley early in his rise last year my judgment is probably clouded by how good he was for me last year. If he maintains the role he is must have and great value. Definitely more risk than Heeney though in potential downside
There is no doubt if Dunkley were to maintain the same role he had for the last 10 games of 2018 he will be a must have by seasons end. But, there are just too many doubts for me to start with him.
I look at all the question marks we had last year about Danger with Ablett coming into the mix. Although Danger finished OK it was a slow start before they figured out where they all belonged.

PODS.
It always used to intrigue me as to why so many people in past years raved on about having x number of PODS in their squad.
I consider a POD as being one that has no more than 10% of coaches selecting him.
I never subscribed to that theory as I felt that if 9 out of 10 people considered he wasn't good enough to be in their team, why should I consider myself to be so clever. My strategy in past years (and it has served me well) has been to start with a rather vanilla squad and make ground by clever trading of always selling high and buying cheap.
With this in mind, I find it a little disconcerting to discover that I currently have 8 of my starting 22 fitting into the POD category. In fact, one of them has an ownership of less than 1%. Any idea who?

This is Wallis' permanent role now it seems

However

McLean seems the likely candidate for high half forward swapping onball with maybe Bont, Libba or Dunkley

Hunter played a bit there in 2017, but was put back onto the wing and his scoring improved last year

Lipinski will definitely run through there

Dale will if he's fit

Hayes will if he's ready to play, likely replacing Honeychurch here, who was delisted, ditto West if he's ready

Cavarra might, but would say he was recruited to play as a small sharpshooter close to goal

Gowers might, but depends if he plays deep marking forward or not

Lloyd might, probably depends on Dickson here, if Dickson is fit and they play together then I say Lloyd will. If Dickson is injured then I say Lloyd plays medium forward in Dicksons spot

Probably about it here, will have to wait and see in the JLT where Duryea and Williams are used, I'd hope Daniel stays at half back, he was much better there late in the year, found more of the footy and got involved more

IMG_20190222_233414.png
IMG_20190222_233442.png
IMG_20190222_233352.png

Reasonably happy with this for now then will change if more injury news comes in or if there's a few JLT no brainers that emerge

Forwards are weak but there's too many question marks across that line so will move things around when I need to

I think if there's a few rookies up there I'm happy to go light and just aggressively upgrade in that position early + get a ruck in and move Lycett forward

If Greene isn't right I'll change him to Adelaide Lynch, but I don't want both Greene and Lynch in the same side, will just be potential overkill if them two and Lycett are mediocre. Greene apparently is tracking for JLT 2 though, so until he's ruled out of that he's likely going to be at one of F3-4.

I think if I need to take Lynch then I might downgrade Brodie Smith to a rookie and might upgrade Lycett to Goldy also if I can afford it

So yeah

I'd say players not currently in my team I'm keen on

Macrae (cost is the issue but if I go say 5-0-6 in midfield then he probably comes in for Ross)
Shuey (value like Adams and Rocky)
Sloane (ditto value)
Goldy
Lynch (Adelaide)

Devon Smith could come in too I guess throughout preseason if I need another set and forget forward but he's too expensive at the moment, would need to be a few gun midfield rookies around in order for me to change my midfield structure from 5-1-5 or 6-0-5. I think Adams and Rocky are in ahead of Shuey and Sloane is purely on scoring history, they can go 110+ if everything goes right, whereas Shuey and Sloane are more 105 tops

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Libba will benefit with Dunkley in mids now IMO
How so?

The way I see it is Dogs have Dunkley pushing for midfield time, Libba returning, Bont should be playing the large majority of his time in the midfield instead of wasting away in the forward line, Macrae in the mids and guys like Hunter on the wing.

For me that's a packed midfielder if Beveridge uses them correctly and it just seems like there's a lot of players for Libba to fight with and someone like Dunkley just makes another that he could be forced to share midfield time with.

How so?

The way I see it is Dogs have Dunkley pushing for midfield time, Libba returning, Bont should be playing the large majority of his time in the midfield instead of wasting away in the forward line, Macrae in the mids and guys like Hunter on the wing.

For me that's a packed midfielder if Beveridge uses them correctly and it just seems like there's a lot of players for Libba to fight with and someone like Dunkley just makes another that he could be forced to share midfield time with.
Yep agree

I'm not a fan of Bont forward, he's basically our get out of jail card up forward when things aren't working there or if we have a few injuries and need someone who can take a grab, which will generally mean we are struggling. We need our forwardline to evolve, not build around Bont like we did with Brad Johnson 15 years ago and Nathan Brown before him. Guys like Schache, Gowers, Greene and Boyd coming good will help progress us up there, not a band aid option like Bont.

The best position for Bont is to be our finisher from midfield, get the ball into his hands and he'll make things happen. I'm happy for him to go forward permanently in say 5 years time, but he's only 23, get his best years in midfield now imo.

Was keen on Wingard too, but injured?

Menegola has the injury mark on him also
If North moved Ziebell back into midfield I'd be all over him, but they've improved their midfield depth further so can't see him having much time up there again.

Kinda like Robbie Gray really now these days.

I guess Dunkley can be an option if his JLT role is permanent midfield though.

Anyways

How so?

Preach to the quire my friend, i say this every fkin year, yet nope, Bev keeps moving him forward and honestly i get why.......but Bont needs to play 100% midfield and if he ever does he would probably win a brownlow or 2. Anyways, as long as we continue to lack scoring options, he will and its the sad truth, but he is such a Fyfe/Dangerfield type.....A midfielder, that when forward, is more than likely going to win contests, kick the goal, or set one up.

Until we sort our scoring out it wont happen.

As for Dunkley and Libba, well i now see two hard midfielders, when previously don't think we had 2? Just libba? Anyways i think they will feed off each other and protect each other more. Bont/Macrae/Hunter etc are outside players...so way i see this is we now have 2 instead of 1 type thing. Can only benefit?

Only game I remember was against the Hawks where he completely shut down Tom Mitchell after he had like 25 possessions in the first half.

He had a purple patch of about 5-6 weeks in the middle of the season once his fitness finally caught up to everyone else. He was the Rocky of old for a bit there.

We have a few good contacts with the club on our board and the noise is very good on him. Knows his team mates more, his fitness base is infinitely better than last year and he's playing all match simulation in the middle.

He won't be 140+ Rocky week in week out, but he will be far better than he is priced.
What do you think about Port's mantra "play what's in front of you" ?? If Rocky is fit he is very good at getting up and down the ground and continually presenting for that short easy option, and if no fast ball movement option is available he will get used a lot. Could easily see him return to racking up big possession numbers. Loves to tackle as well as long as his shoulders are not giving him grief. The query I had was where his head was at since his missus left him and took herself and their child back to Brisbane.

PODS.
It always used to intrigue me as to why so many people in past years raved on about having x number of PODS in their squad.
I consider a POD as being one that has no more than 10% of coaches selecting him.
I never subscribed to that theory as I felt that if 9 out of 10 people considered he wasn't good enough to be in their team, why should I consider myself to be so clever. My strategy in past years (and it has served me well) has been to start with a rather vanilla squad and make ground by clever trading of always selling high and buying cheap.
With this in mind, I find it a little disconcerting to discover that I currently have 8 of my starting 22 fitting into the POD category. In fact, one of them has an ownership of less than 1%. Any idea who?
I actually went through the ownership stats the other day. There were a number of relevant players with insanely low ownership percentages. The idea of having a side with some POD's is to give you a chance to separate yourself from the pack from the start. It can certainly work, but can also backfire spectacularly. Much the same as the mid price madness route.

I actually went through the ownership stats the other day. There were a number of relevant players with insanely low ownership percentages. The idea of having a side with some POD's is to give you a chance to separate yourself from the pack from the start. It can certainly work, but can also backfire spectacularly. Much the same as the mid price madness route.

I‘d far rather a low owner premium. the vast majority of mid pricers are that for a reason.

Hey guys,

not sure where to post this but do you know where you can find your entire 'watch list' in the SportsDeck website? I've gone through and watch listed a lot of players but can't find the entire l;ist now :(

interesting comparisson which strangely work out to the exact same price

Gawn + Greene
Sauce + Heeney

Lets assume Greene plays JLT2 (if not cant start him IMO). Could give answers with/without Preuss but I think he doesn't play.

IMO both result in requiring 1 trade (Greene and Sauce not doing enough to be close enough to top 2/6 to be strong final squad players, although Greene would be more than enough as bench and could scrape in as F6).

Sauce doente seem right to pay that much for a non keeper but was just interested to see the similarities in the price and likely need for a trade in these situations.

Hey guys,

not sure where to post this but do you know where you can find your entire 'watch list' in the SportsDeck website? I've gone through and watch listed a lot of players but can't find the entire l;ist now :(
If you're using a mobile device when on the page viewing your team click on the 2 white arrows inside the black circle. Takes you to the 'my team tracker' page. Click on more and select watch list.
On the website on a desktop the team tracker is on the right hand side of the page. Click on more and select watch list.

Hey guys,

On the right hand side of page (looking on laptop) there is a box entitled "My Team Tracker". Inside that there are three titles - Round 1 Fixture, My Scores and More. Click on the arrow below "More" and you will see Watchlist as one of the options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back