Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my current mess.

Ditched Libba for some of these high priced rookies and ditched Roberton for Collins and banked the cash. Bout 140k spare.

Still alot more research to do

View attachment 623553
those rucks man...not goin to last long.
has Darcy done anything to suggest his scoring can improve?
He's solid for 70-80 each week, but is that what you're after? his price is ****ed too!
like Hurn..looked at him myself and still may have a need for his huge thighs..
Redden will let you down...not badly, but just enough to piss you off!
love that FWD line...all the guys I want in mine.
... but those rucks man??

You're confident in this year's rookie crop scoring at a reasonable rate I see. Ballsy. I don't share your confidence unfortunately.

Yeah it's a balls to the wall type of move.
I did really well last year with a couple of mid pricers so definitely not opposed to that approach either.

Will see how it goes JLT - round 1 of course
Could bring in Libba + Roberton instead of T.Kelly + a rook if it looks a bit dicey.

Yeah it's a balls to the wall type of move.
I did really well last year with a couple of mid pricers so definitely not opposed to that approach either.

Will see how it goes JLT - round 1 of course
Could bring in Libba + Roberton instead of T.Kelly + a rook if it looks a bit dicey.

It's not so much finding rookies to play early doors that's my issue. It's the second & third wave of rookies coming into my team that I tend to stuff up. They play two or three games at the most and aren't seen again.

Hopefully having only the stronger ones will give me the ability to hold them for longer, not waste trades on players that will be donuts after a few weeks and leave me in a better position overall.

Here's my current mess.

Ditched Libba for some of these high priced rookies and ditched Roberton for Collins and banked the cash. Bout 140k spare.

Still alot more research to do

View attachment 623553
Love the side. Think you’ve overspent in the rucks though.

It's not so much finding rookies to play early doors that's my issue. It's the second & third wave of rookies coming into my team that I tend to stuff up. They play two or three games at the most and aren't seen again.

Hopefully having only the stronger ones will give me the ability to hold them for longer, not waste trades on players that will be donuts after a few weeks and leave me in a better position overall.
For sure
Maybe I'm riding off the coat tails of the Doedee, Murray, Finalyson, Kelly experience last year.
Not too often that you get very reliable rookies.

Would really appreciate any feedback. Finished bottom 2 last 3 years in my league and would like to play finals for once!

View attachment 623688

Not a lot wrong with your side .....but the real secret to this game & what will improve your league rankings ....will be your trading skills

Many of the top sides start with questionable players ....but their timing of trades & who they trade in and for whom, is where they get their success

So plan your trades very carefully

Would really appreciate any feedback. Finished bottom 2 last 3 years in my league and would like to play finals for once!

View attachment 623688
I know most rookies are place holders at the moment, but Constable has to be in there surely. Flick Brayshaw for him. Other than that, LDU should be on field if you are starting with him. Too much coin for a bench player. Solid team though.

I like this except for Dayne Beams who I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. Kelly and Yeo are great pods that seem to be going overlooked by a lot of people
Yeo's had some injury concerns over the PS
Yeah I've read that Yeo is doubtful for round 1. Even if he makes it, every chance he comes in underdone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 623688
solid team mate!
like the rest of us you will need to be on SC when the teams are named for round 1 to have the playing rooks in your team.
that last 30min before the seasons first bounce is the crazy time of year when you have to choose for yourself... and not be able to switch without costing trades...I hate it!
need to follow the rookies!

Like the fwds a lot. Reckon Kelly will be a good POD.
Like the different mids approach with Rocky and TT. If one fails you could downgrade to a Miles/Libba/Rookie, and upgrade the other if both fail. Not a fan of starting Sloane until he shows he can break the tag.
Backs look great, but you've overspent to the detriment of the rucks.
I'd downgrade Lloyd to Williams and get an English/Darcy/Mumford. If Windscreens and Fort do line up round 1 it's tempting, but if one gets dropped what do you do?
Westhoff's biggest value is as DPP ruck backup, not sure he's worth the cost as R1 when Goldy and Stef are similar price.

Like the fwds a lot. Reckon Kelly will be a good POD.
Like the different mids approach with Rocky and TT. If one fails you could downgrade to a Miles/Libba/Rookie, and upgrade the other if both fail. Not a fan of starting Sloane until he shows he can break the tag.
Backs look great, but you've overspent to the detriment of the rucks.
I'd downgrade Lloyd to Williams and get an English/Darcy/Mumford. If Windscreens and Fort do line up round 1 it's tempting, but if one gets dropped what do you do?
Westhoff's biggest value is as DPP ruck backup, not sure he's worth the cost as R1 when Goldy and Stef are similar price.
I would normally agree with this .....but as new Co Captain, I have a gut feel he'll start the season with a bang .....can he do it all season, doubt it ......but I'm going to start him at his price

Conversely the man Sloane replaced, Oliver ....I think may start slowly & then build back up

I would normally agree with this .....but as new Co Captain, I have a gut feel he'll start the season with a bang .....can he do it all season, doubt it ......but I'm going to start him at his price

Conversely the man Sloane replaced, Oliver ....I think may start slowly & then build back up
If it weren't for the tag Sloane would be just about first picked in my mids. Hewett and Jacobs rounds 2+4 is a dangerous start. Reckon he'll get tagged 6-7 games out of first ten. Not sure being captain will automatically mean he can suddenly beat a tag.

I have had this team set for awhile the only players I might be looking to move out and play around with at this stage are Gray and Greene.
ab15817d32bf1e25fc41c281c72c88f7.jpg
ff501503e9e89f8bb3bcbb5189f7f369.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

View attachment 623688

After the JLT I would look for which cheap rookie you could possibly bring in for LDU. After that banking that cash perhaps you could look to downgrade an underdone Oliver for a cheaper premium and then perhaps save more cash or afford a couple more 'safe' rookie options (as opposed to Hamish Brayshaw who might not get a look in).
It would probably leave you with a lovely chunk or cash to save or even upgrade someone elsewhere. Oliver is a fantastic pick but he is coming off a limited pre-season and that is the only reason i'm not considering him yet.
It's a solid side though! We have a very similar back line and I have the same 4-2 structure up forward. Good lucj.

i've had Sloane in my side since about a week after SC opened. I am very confident of what he can achieve as a POD this year. Honestly, at $525k and with low ownership I would happily take a 100 average and not be greedy asking for more. If he happens to go big again it's just a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back