FTA-TV MAFS Feb 3 2020- where you'll need to stop swearing- we don't speak unemployed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is it like an Aussie Big little lies? Thats the impression i have from the ads.

/hanging out for season two of that btw
I read somewhere a Ch 9 exec called it an Aussie cross of Desperate Housewives and Big Little Lies.

The problem with that is that BLL is already pretty Australian and I don't think there are many (or even any) people out there that want more of a show that ended 7 years ago and whose ratings were falling

I read somewhere a Ch 9 exec called it an Aussie cross of Desperate Housewives and Big Little Lies.

The problem with that is that BLL is already pretty Australian and I don't think there are many (or even any) people out there that want more of a show that ended 7 years ago and whose ratings were falling

... big little lies is a v recent show. S2 is about to come out

I still don't understand the definition of it. Is it like ghosting?

Ghosting is going no contact/disappearing

Gaslighting is when youve done nothing wrong and the other twists it around to make you believe you are in the wrong or that you're going crazy.

That correct?

Gaslighting is a form of psychological and emotional abuse
Ghosting is going no contact/disappearing

Gaslighting is when youve done nothing wrong and the other twists it around to make you believe you are in the wrong or that you're going crazy.

That correct?
Pretty much.

It a fairly new term (at least in common language) and I think used more in America than it is elsewhere, that apparently comes from a 1944 film where this happens
https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/life/...gaslighting-how-it-chips-away-your-sense-self
Gaslighting relies on lying, deceit, manipulation, which are couched in benevolent terms.

Gaslighting comes from the 1944 film Gaslight, in which Gregory (played by Charles Boyer) deliberately tries to make his partner, Paula (Ingrid Bergman), lose her mind by manipulating her, her surroundings, and her friends.

The term now refers to a devastating form of emotional and psychological abuse, as the gaslighter manipulates and chips away at their victim’s sense of self and reality.

Gaslighting

Description - Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation that seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or in members of a targeted group, making them question their own memory, perception, and sanity. Wikipedia

Some idiot at Foxtel apparently leaked the upcoming week on MAFS
https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/go?...e/news-story/5a653c0b980153ab3f5cf2359c237433
Monday: "Intruder" weddings
Tuesday: "Intruder" honeymons
Wednesday: Original couples are suprised by the "intruders", the rumoured Cyrell and Martha fight, plus a wife gets jealous (presumably Heidi) when Jess flirts with another husband

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She probably laughs when she does her murderin'
He should just walk away. I'm sure there would be alot of girls out there who would be keen on him.
I'm not all over BF relationships, but as I understand it, you two are married. Are you both watching and commenting on BF simultaneously about this show, in the same house? Sorry, but this has really spun me out for some reason.

Interesting comment from the CEO of Channel 9 on 'Media Week' which suggests we might see things pulled back next year. This is just an extract from a bigger interview about all things Channel 9.

Have you been concerned about some of the MAFS content?

"I occasionally get involved in content discussions. I like to watch the shows go to air as a viewer. We need to look at the long term value of that show. Fundamentally it is about love and I thought the balance between some of the drama and the truth of the show being about love – we need to maintain the balance over the long term for that franchise. That drama has created audiences, no doubt about it looking at the growth. I just wanted a bit more balance."
Value being the key word there. If ratings are high they could care less about the moral/social ramifications.

We are feeling this in the edit.

upcoming storyline is getting a lot of protection

The cast were too crazy for channel 9 this year. So if the above is true and not just lip service, which I suspect it is, we will see less models on the show next year. Will be interesting to see what the ratings do!
I think they'll go for drama, in a less overtly dramatic way. 2020, cue a SSA couple. Most likely female. Bookmark it.

No doubt, but they bought it. Mike is a master salesman.
Only a complete moron would buy anything Mike is selling. Heidi is playing the long game. She wants a radio career in Brissy.

Post count and likes are really that important?
Only to people with awesome post to like ratios. 😋

I've kind of been watching but I lose interest after a while. If Ines is a legal assistant there is no way she will have a job after this. I'm a bit over the coupling the expert put together. Bronson needed to be paired with someone who is really family orientated and not a viscous horrible person. I would walked as well. Ines needs a lot of help, she is clearly got a few mental demons. Bronson can't be that thick, he should of got up and followed Ines out to the alleged toilet break. You know who I can't stand Martha, I want to punch her. She is so fk boring and up herself like Jessica and her fakeness. Cyrell shouldn't drink alcohol, she can't handle it and alcohol doesn't agree with her.

Dont know if anyone else in Perth has noticed but you can watch MAFS on 9Now before it's actually on the main channel. Not sure if it's a glitch or whatever but I watched all the episodes this week on 9Now and finished each episode not long after the same one was starting on TV.

Like I know Perths pretty far behind the rest of Oz but you'd think theyd hold off until at least after it had been on TV here :tearsofjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back