ATP ATP Tour - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Can see tomic winning that sadly enough. Surely will be tiebreaks either way.

Draw is out for Acapulco (probably my favourite 500 or less event). De Minaur is back this week and seeded. Plays Jarry first up. Millman also seeded and plays a qualifier. Kyrgios has got Seppi (lol) and Thompson snuck and plays Tiafoe.

Ebden is in Dubai as well, first round loss to tisitpas most likely

I have said for a long time that I have a suspicion that Tomic could be caught up with some kind of match fixing. Yesterday he played the number 519 in the world.

First set - lost 14 points won set 6-1
Second set - lost 45 points, lost 5-7
Third set - lost six points, won 6-0

I'd be invetisgating that, the 5-7 scoreline is the old cover up.

He has withdrawn from his match against Popyrin. Getting out of Mexico while the going is good in my opinion.

I have said for a long time that I have a suspicion that Tomic could be caught up with some kind of match fixing. Yesterday he played the number 519 in the world.

He has withdrawn from his match against Popyrin. Getting out of Mexico while the going is good in my opinion.
Odd scoreline but if he is desperate for money...who knows...

Tennis does have a problem with match fixing especially amongst the lower ranked players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Odd scoreline but if he is desperate for money...who knows...

Tennis does have a problem with match fixing especially amongst the lower ranked players.

Yeah, I am sure he would already be on some kind of watch list. To me he comes accross as a guy who would get out of his depth really quickly with overseas bookmakers.

Also, wouldn't surprise me if he heard someone was pulling out and couldn't be bothered playing.

Yeah I think so, he has sighted Gastroenteritis as the reason which means he can just say he got better. If he said injury it would look more suss.

It is a stupid rule, you should have to complete your match to get a LL spot.

If we take Redline's suspicion as fact, then it's pretty cynical of Tomic to take his pay from the bookies and then run hey. To not even bother to bore himself playing out the rest of tournament is slack.

If I was a fixer Bernie would be a high priority target.

On a different note how many times has he retired before a match against an Australian?

Really needs to take advantage of this draw and least grab a quarterfinal here (90 points). Watched a bit, pretty standard Millman, just grinding away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back