Prediction Will AFLX survive another year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just curious, do the players get paid for this from the AFL?

Or is it for the love of the game?

Oh you better believe they getting paid. Think it's 20k for captains, 10k for vice captains and 5k for players.

Oh you better believe they getting paid. Think it's 20k for captains, 10k for vice captains and 5k for players.
Yeah, okay.

Assuming you're a first year player in the AFL season and you play a senior game, what is the match day payment for such a player?

Just curious when comparing to AFLX.

Yeah, okay.

Assuming you're a first year player in the AFL season and you play a senior game, what is the match day payment for such a player?

Just curious when comparing to AFLX.
For 2018 & 2019, the match payments for first year players is $4,000

That is literally the best thing to do with AFLX.. Rance is a flog but that is absolutely brilliantly taking the piss out of the way the NBA players do it

LOL! JB: "The kids are loving this", as they show the kids climbing a rock wall, kicking a footy, and basically doing everything else other than watching the games. :D

Local radio during their hourly news played a snippet of Bartel talking about tonight's AFLX and his main points were:
- the media & current AFL fans to stop with the negativity
- this is the AFL's version of crickets T20
- the concept of AFLX was never about the current fans but rather designed to attract news fans

My rebuttal to that - if this was designed to attract news fans, why host it in the AFL capital of Melbourne compared with say Sydney, Brisbane or even Hobart/Launceston.

The night was always about trying to give thy current fans a new version of AFL & get them back into the mood of football once the T20 & men's international cricket was over - it didn't work out how they were hoping & now they seem to be trying to cover their butts with random excuses

I’m keen for footy of any stripe after such a long off-season, but gee, this format leads to some pretty insipid viewing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Indigenous team were under-sized, and that was the only reason they were beaten today.

Blicavs looked fantastic.

Dangerfield had bursts, I question his tank on game day as he get's older.

Kelly was virtually unsighted. I like how the coaches at the club pump him up, that would help his currency. I think he will show is talent on the proper season, I have little doubt there.

Tomahawk looks in ripping shape, actually looks bigger than last year. I'm hoping we play him out of the goal square with the new rules. His kicking looked ordinary though,

I enjoy train wrecks, so this has been a somewhat amusing diversion.

No way I could have kept going without stopping for a few episodes of Young Justice, though.

Teams played more like actual footy rather than just punting it back and forth 60m endlessly like last year.

Still they've probably spent millions on dumb gimmicks like a climbing wall (errgh?) flame throwing things and like bubble machines. If Marvel stadium put on a carnival for a weekend and had AFL players there to meet people and perhaps do skill challenges it would attract more families. Because this year it is about kids and families so we are told.

The Indigenous team were under-sized, and that was the only reason they were beaten today.

Kelly was virtually unsighted. I like how the coaches at the club pump him up, that would help his currency. I think he will show is talent on the proper season, I have little doubt there.

Tomahawk looks in ripping shape, actually looks bigger than last year. I'm hoping we play him out of the goal square with the new rules. His kicking looked ordinary though,
Agree w that summation.

Deadley's dead short.

Kelly maybe overawed by his fellow "brothers" maybe just cnbf ?

Hawk is just the epitome. Yep he may have grown out of the white line fever fulla but he embraces the opposition beit fun around him....and yes he looks in good shape.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has the AFL ever put that amount of time and money into something so inconsequential as the AFLX? I watched about 90 seconds then turned the TV to another station.

Anyway, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, NO INJURIES.

Teams played more like actual footy rather than just punting it back and forth 60m endlessly like last year.

Still they've probably spent millions on dumb gimmicks like a climbing wall (errgh?) flame throwing things and like bubble machines. If Marvel stadium put on a carnival for a weekend and had AFL players there to meet people and perhaps do skill challenges it would attract more families. Because this year it is about kids and families so we are told.

Those gimmicks are pretty cheap value add on the whole. I'd say that's actually a part that seemed well managed. Whilst the game itself is boring, after seeing what they put out there i can how the strategy lines up. In a couple of years I could see myself trading my kid/kids to one of these

Seemed stupid to me how someone could take a mark 10m out from goal directly in front and be awarded a super goal.

I don't understand that - so if the teammate kicks the ball from one half of the ground & you mark the ball directly in front of the sticks then it suddenly becomes super goal territory?

One of the few passages I watched was Fyfe taking a great mark when he jumped into the back of his opponent - he was lined up horizontally inline with the goals, so the only way he was going to be able to have a chance at kicking a goal was to open the angle by playing on. He asked the umpire that if he played on would it still be counted as a super goal to which the answer was yes - so not only did taking a mark 10m out give you the opportunity for a super goal, but if you take the mark & then play on you are still awarded the super goal

Seems like the rules were "how do we make this concept look high scoring & exciting"???? I know, make every kick for goal count as a super goal :rolleyes:

And now, a word from Patrick Dangerfield...

“It’s been interesting seeing just how many negative articles there has been and the personal opinion of those journalists,” he said.

“It (AFLX) is not aimed at them, it’s aimed at a younger demographic.

“I’d encourage having an open mind towards it. We’re really excited about it.”
Sometimes i wish PD would just button it. Does he not understand karma? :oops:

Bartel is becoming an AFL puppet, ala Harley

FFS the players were out till 4am and smashed the night before the BIG game
there were more free tickets to paid tickets

at the end of the day when no one takes it seriously why is there so much energy attached to it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back