Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And no doubt you rate Anne Aly, Catherine King, Linda Burney, Terri Butler, Ged Kearney, JennyMacklin etc etc etc because that's the way you're wired. Despite your protestations to the contrary you're a devout ALP supporter.

Well given where the shysters and crooks on the other side, is it any wonder?

And the amazing thing is I’m well off, own my house, have retirement income of $75kpa for my remaining life - I should fit into the Liberal demographic but their lack of compassion for others, their crooked deals, denial of climate change and don’t believe in genuine lack of fairness in our society.

Well given where the shysters and crooks on the other side, is it any wonder?

And the amazing thing is I’m well off, own my house, have retirement income of $75kpa for my remaining life - I should fit into the Liberal demographic but their lack of compassion for others, their crooked deals, denial of climate change and don’t believe in genuine lack of fairness in our society.

I am much the same.

My wife and I combined are most probably in the wage bracket that would be considered to be in the Liberal demographic.

At this present moment though I would never consider voting for them because the right has far too much power within the party and also their huge lack of social conscience is just too much to overlook.

I am much the same.

My wife and I combined are most probably in the wage bracket that would be considered to be in the Liberal demographic.

At this present moment though I would never consider voting for them because the right has far too much power within the party and also their huge lack of social conscience is just too much to overlook.

Agree totally and the social conscience is the key at this point - the lack of it. I’m just amazed that 47-48% thinks that it is ok to cheer for a side lacking in this aspect. Says more about Australia as a nation nowadays.

Agree totally and the social conscience is the key at this point - the lack of it. I’m just amazed that 47-48% thinks that it is ok to cheer for a side lacking in this aspect. Says more about Australia as a nation nowadays.

The other side thinks discipline is critical. That's why it behaves the way it does. Its social conscience is that you have to be tough to be kind. People vote strongly on identity, so whomever they identify with the most, is who'll get their vote. A large amount, say 40% of the lower class, still vote lib although that is objectively all but certain to make their life outcomes worse.

No good news stories from the Coalition only corruption and negativity therefore the only thing they have is attack and do so aggressively.

The Australian public deserve better but that won’t whilst the current spivs are in charge.

If interest rates need to be cut and that is becoming more likely then this country is in a whole level of trouble. If the economy is struggling, as it appears to be, it is time to put the adults in charge.

And for Elite’s benefit:-

https://thenewdaily.com.au/money/property/2019/02/22/home-prices-resilient-economy/

PS : and if you are a shareholder in Helloworld you have lost 19% of its value over the past week.

Last edited:
The main issues are lack of wages growth over the past 5 years and there are growing at half what it has been previously (interestingly since the Coalition has come to power) and general fairness in the economy. If the economy stalls and it is very likely then these secondary issues, banking and asylum seekers become irrelevant.

Interestingly the disparity with bonuses being paid has widened the data released yesterday.

As someone once said, “it is the economy stupid”.

Sorry, can you please provide a couple of policy examples that relate to your pathological desire for “fairness in the economy”. You keep putt8ng those words in the same order in sentences but you seem to shy away from actually identifying anything about them that can be discussed. If I was to say that, “the coalition has, by far, the best policies to ensure fairness in the economy”, what policies of Labor would you use to counter my assertion?

Yep, I have no problem with it at all...my one hope is she takes her best buddy Christopher Pyne with her or he loses his seat at the upcoming election. The Liberal Party badly needs renewal. A real bonus would be Craig Laundy pulling stumps too.

See everyone, as previously mentioned, the far right of the Liberal Party still believe that they need to be more right to not lose votes. They’re completely insane. Bicks, you need to realise that there’s very little support for your end of the political spectrum. Your views will see the death of the Liberal Party as the overwhelming majority of support comes from moderates. But your view basically implies that Bernardi is representative of the majority.

It isn’t dumb, if you have no tax to pay then you don’t receive the credits back in cash. Unfortunately you miss out, there are inequities in our system. What don’t you understand about that?

I’m calling you the dill for understanding that NO government in the world gives cash back for franking credits if they have paid NO tax.

Yes I do, your the dunce.

Why don’t we do a simple example? If company A was profitable and paid its 30% share of the profit to the government and generated full franking credits to its shareholders. Now let’s assume all the shareholders of company A had no tax liability at all as they were all over 60, therefore under your rules, all the tax paid to the government would be refunded to all the shareholders. The net result to the government is Nil. **** me.

Exactly. But I’m not sure why you’re arguing my point. Swap out the word ‘company’ for the word ‘trust’ and it should start to make sense to you. It’s purely a distribution of income earned and tax paid. The company is just a legal vehicle to accumulate and distribute. If you’re on the marginal tax rate then you’ll have to dip into your pocket and pay more because the tax paid on your behalf is only 30%. But, if your marginal rate is less than 30%, then the tax paid on your behalf exceeds the amount you need to pay and you get a refund. It’s so simple that even a banker should understand. Well, most bankers. Actually, probably very few would, as discussed, they’re not too heavy on the smarts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it’s because I’ve shown a basic situation which you can’t answer coz the rort is refunding credits in cash when you have paid NO TAX!

So you think all franking credits should just wash away? Is it really your view that companies should only distribute after tax earnings? You realise that’s double dipping don’t you? It’s impossible to reconcile your position with allowing any form of tax credit for franked dividends at all. But you do, which is funny. Had this been a policy of the coalition you’d be marching in the streets against it. Not because you comprehend the concept, but because someone told you that someone would be losing money.

“That’s all they know how to do”

Wah wah wah
The downers have a sense of entitlement though & if the above is true, it's poor form. Hopefully Sharkie smashes Georgie at the next election.

You sure do to take some licence with your post here when all I basically said the Liberal Party was badly in need of renewal. 11 votes was all Bishop could muster in the leadership spill with most of your so called "moderate" MP's supporting Morrison including Christopher Pyne and Craig Laundy.

Suspect more than a few in Labor would have been extremely relieved to see the back of Julie Bishop. Recall there being a poll last year around the time of the Liberal's leadership spill that suggested she was much preferred over Bill Shorten. Sounded like Bishop was not popular within the party, but versus Shorten, the public rated her highly with the percentages in favour of Bishop, Morrison and Dutton being 64, 49.5 and 38 respectively.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/politic...ations-preferred-prime-minister-ng-b88938423z

You sure do to take some licence with your post here when all I basically said the Liberal Party was badly in need of renewal. 11 votes was all Bishop could muster in the leadership spill with most of your so called "moderate" MP's supporting Morrison including Christopher Pyne and Craig Laundy.
Because they are factional idiots who would prefer the party to be smashed at the next election than put in the best candidate.

Our country would be better off with Bishop v Albanese at the next election rather than both parties giving the public 2 candidates most don't want.

So you think all franking credits should just wash away? Is it really your view that companies should only distribute after tax earnings? You realise that’s double dipping don’t you? It’s impossible to reconcile your position with allowing any form of tax credit for franked dividends at all. But you do, which is funny. Had this been a policy of the coalition you’d be marching in the streets against it. Not because you comprehend the concept, but because someone told you that someone would be losing money.

The Coalition changed the policy in 2001 - do you actually understand the difference between Keating’s Dividend Imputation policy and the Coalitions with regard to franking credits?i seriously doubt it.

All the ALP is doing is amending it back to what Keating introduced.

If you have no tax to pay then you can’t offset the franking credits and therefore you don’t get a cash refund. How do you not understand this?

And what do you do again for a living?

Great pork barrelling.

Mind you she has great pedigree for it with her father. #bornintoprivelege

The candidate who lost the last election doesn't usually get to hand out government grant cheques with her face on them and claim credit for it though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back