QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Any current players on those 4 team lists that you think should be set to improve this year? Up and coming players who have now played a few years and should stand out a bit?
Open question to anyone who wants to chime in..

Hi QAFL,

I see Chris Endres from the Hoppers Crossing football club is joining a Team in QAFL this year, can anyone tell me which team he is joining, I am heading up there in the winter months and would like to see him play and have a beer.

He will be the best player in the competition by a mile, over the last 6 years he has won 4 competition best and fairest's in Gippsland league and with Hoppers in the wrfl.

A great player and even a better bloke.

Hi QAFL,

I see Chris Endres from the Hoppers Crossing football club is joining a Team in QAFL this year, can anyone tell me which team he is joining, I am heading up there in the winter months and would like to see him play and have a beer.

He will be the best player in the competition by a mile, over the last 6 years he has won 4 competition best and fairest's in Gippsland league and with Hoppers in the wrfl.

A great player and even a better bloke.

There are ex AFL players running around in the comp. I’m sure you’re mate is a good player, but try and keep a bit of a lid on it maybe

Agree longy. If he was coming into div 1 that might be a more true statement, even then I’ve seen very very good footballers from the GV comp come into div 1 and do really well. But not world beaters.

again it looks like people on here are unaware of the quality of the competition. The top 6 sides are very strong and each team has players that would sit comfortably in many of the victorian metro and country leagues. Time will tell on this guy as well. Many struggle to adjust to the pace and the faster grounds.

Where can you see the list of clearances

QAFL do not provide clearance listings on their website whilst most other comps and clubs in the country do ,,, dont know why.
I obtained this info from the Hoppers Crossing football club website... go to that click on clearances and that will show all player movement for that club.

It sounds like he is still negotiating with clubs - obviously looking for a little more.

No Negotiation, found out an hour ago he has signed at Burleigh Heads.

What great get for them, will improve their side immensely as he brings his team mates into the game, averaged over 30 touches every game last year.

So the guy is such a gun player he signed with a club that came second last in the 3rd level of footy in qld behind NEAFL and qafl.

Agree 2010 Premier ... got to be the match payments for starters ,, is well known there is a particular sponsor of the club that assist in big match payments to 2 or 3 recruits each season ( not to mention what they paid ex Cats player Brydie Palmer to come across to them )... no success really ,, seem to have the blueprint wrong ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree 2010 Premier ... got to be the match payments for starters ,, is well known there is a particular sponsor of the club that assist in big match payments to 2 or 3 recruits each season ( not to mention what they paid ex Cats player Brydie Palmer to come across to them )... no success really ,, seem to have the blueprint wrong ...
Why is everyone so negative about this signing great pick up for Burleigh and I’m sure he will love the Gold Coast as most young victorians have for years looking forward to seeing him play

Why is everyone so negative about this signing great pick up for Burleigh and I’m sure he will love the Gold Coast as most young victorians have for years looking forward to seeing him play

Because old mate just assumed that because he had won a couple of league medals down there he would automatically be too good for us QLDers that can’t play footy

Because old mate just assumed that because he had won a couple of league medals down there he would automatically be too good for us QLDers that can’t play footy

No one ever mentioned you couldn't play footy or any other players in the QAFL, go and have a look and then make a judgement on his ability and my comments about the bloke.

No one ever mentioned you couldn't play footy or any other players in the QAFL, go and have a look and then make a judgement on his ability and my comments about the bloke.

“He will be the best player in the comp by a mile” in your post earlier suggests a lack of understanding about the standard of footy up here. Good luck to him though.

So Noosa beat Broady today I didn’t see the game but somewhat of a surprise and well done to them.

Pretty much a dust off the cobwebs but I note that the cats had several players from the GF line up and a few recruits expected to play seniors this year playing so definitely a good performance by the tigers, and a bit of work to do at the cattery.

Surfers played a practice match yesterday does anyone know how it went?

So Noosa beat Broady today I didn’t see the game but somewhat of a surprise and well done to them.

Pretty much a dust off the cobwebs but I note that the cats had several players from the GF line up and a few recruits expected to play seniors this year playing so definitely a good performance by the tigers, and a bit of work to do at the cattery.

Surfers played a practice match yesterday does anyone know how it went?
Gee thats a good win by Noosa, all be it a practice match. Im told Broadbeach were playing their strongest side available.

Yes quite surprising.spoke to their director of coaching at length Saturday morning and he reckoned cats were say four players off being at full strength.noosa are super fit after a pretty brutal running program over the pre season however practise matches are practise matches.i do know Bova was stoked with their pressure and particularly with the young blokes.

Yes quite surprising.spoke to their director of coaching at length Saturday morning and he reckoned cats were say four players off being at full strength.noosa are super fit after a pretty brutal running program over the pre season however practise matches are practise matches.i do know Bova was stoked with their pressure and particularly with the young blokes.

Probably puts more pressure on the argument of Noosa and Maroochydore entering QAFL ranks in 2020 do you think NB?

Great effort by your boys and maybe this could be year to nail Maroochydore.

Good effort to beat a QAFL side, but would think it really means nothing given its a pre-season encounter.

One side probably looking to take a scalp, while the other just blowing off cobwebs in anticipation of a long season.

No doubt both Noosa and Maroochydore would be competitive in QAFL, but would think they would sit around the level of Grange, or a bit worse and not competitive around the upper part of the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back