Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings Kentlemen! First post for the year, have had a look around and come up with the most vanilla team I can because I always start behind and only go further backwards. Theory is that this way I can at least get a semi decent start. Too many Rookies and needs more GNR's? Hopefully JLT will unearth rookie goodness, 4800.JPG

I don't expect Sloane to be as terrible as he was last year.

Like Adelaide, i think that was just a season you flush down the toilet and move on. I'm a risk taker.

I also have an 11 inch penis, all round.

Km4CwjE.gif

You forgot the decimal point.

i've had Sloane in my side since about a week after SC opened. I am very confident of what he can achieve as a POD this year. Honestly, at $525k and with low ownership I would happily take a 100 average and not be greedy asking for more. If he happens to go big again it's just a bonus.
100 average from your POD mid isn't good enough. He's basically priced at 100 so no value or upside. Can't see the point of picking an M8/9 at 525k to start with. Even at his price he is a wait and see, if he scores well against Hewett and Jacobs then he may have finally learnt to beat a tag, and you make him your first upgrade.

If it weren't for the tag Sloane would be just about first picked in my mids. Hewett and Jacobs rounds 2+4 is a dangerous start. Reckon he'll get tagged 6-7 games out of first ten. Not sure being captain will automatically mean he can suddenly beat a tag.
Isn't Jacobs still on the injury list ? .....he has got better handling the tag, last year though injury & lack of continuity and fitness was the greater issue

I don't expect Sloane to be as terrible as he was last year.

Like Adelaide, i think that was just a season you flush down the toilet and move on. I'm a risk taker.

I also have an 11 inch penis, all round.

Km4CwjE.gif

This had no relevancy on the topic of your post .....I think you just wanted to throw this in ......not sure I like bragging in SuperCoach, in fact I think there's a board rule about rubbing people face in your success ??

100 average from your POD mid isn't good enough. He's basically priced at 100 so no value or upside. Can't see the point of picking an M8/9 at 525k to start with. Even at his price he is a wait and see, if he scores well against Hewett and Jacobs then he may have finally learnt to beat a tag, and you make him your first upgrade.
Yes, but trading Oliver to Sloane, gave me the money to upgrade Isac Smith to Walsh

So Walsh and Sloane, better than Oliver and Smith ?

If they are averaging more than 100 at M8 or M9 they probably aren't a POD any longer in all due respect. But I don't put too much concern into those games against recognised taggers in all honesty. Things change during seasons and games and nothing is ever guaranteed. One thing I can bank on though is Sloane giving 100% in every game like he has his whole career. Happy to consider that first.

Pre AFLX edition:

Fairly strong GnR team with some expensive rookies who could potentially be downgraded for extra cash flow. Still tossing up between Roberton/Hanley D4 although I’m bullish on Hanley if he has a clean bill of health. Punchable the other risk although word is he’s tracking well for JLT2 and Rd1.

View attachment 623043View attachment 623044
Rate this team a lot. Mine very similar. I have Sicily over Laird, Collins over Hanley, Macrae over Neale and Dunkley over Greene.

Team below
Grundy in atm, keeps changing with Gawn but for now
Sicily and Laird keep flipping too

View attachment 624190
View attachment 624191
Pretty solid everywhere apart from F4. I'm trying to limit on field rookies particularly in the fwd line.
Mills could be good if given a midfield role. Maybe not a keeper but good enough for D6 and last upgrade.
Hard to go past Macrae, Cripps and Fyfe all are in my team.
Rocky unpopular but can see the appeal, it depends on his shoulders for me, and if he can rack up tackles that are a cornerstone of his scoring.
The pick I don't get is McLean. I thought he did well in that fwd role later in the season, while Dunkley killed it as a mid. Add Libba and Bailey Smith into the mix and there's too much doubt around midfield time.

Preuss at R2 Vanders ???? .......that's just going to put you too far behind each week .....if he plays predominantly forward, which is probably going to be the case IF he actually plays ......you're looking at 60-70's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty solid everywhere apart from F4. I'm trying to limit on field rookies particularly in the fwd line.
Mills could be good if given a midfield role. Maybe not a keeper but good enough for D6 and last upgrade.
Rocky unpopular but can see the appeal, it depends on his shoulders for me, and if he can rack up tackles that are a cornerstone of his scoring.
The pick I don't get is McLean. I thought he did well in that fwd role later in the season, while Dunkley killed it as a mid. Add Libba and Bailey Smith into the mix and there's too much doubt around midfield time.

Check McLeans start to last year pre-injury

It won't disappoint

F4 or D4, one of em has to rookie up with this structure.

Not sure how I'd find 350k extra to get a decent F4

Check McLeans start to last year pre-injury

It won't disappoint
Oh yeah I know it was good, I was kicking myself every week I chose Billings instead!
The issue is role/midfield time. How can u be sure he goes back into the midfield, given he played the fwd role well, Dunkley dominated in the mids and now Libba is back. Then there's Bont who could play less fwd/more mid, and Bailey Smith who looks like a future gun mid. Too many question marks imo

Oh yeah I know it was good, I was kicking myself every week I chose Billings instead!
The issue is role/midfield time. How can u be sure he goes back into the midfield, given he played the fwd role well, Dunkley dominated in the mids and now Libba is back. Then there's Bont who could play less fwd/more mid, and Bailey Smith who looks like a future gun mid. Too many question marks imo

Happy to have him.
Will average 100+

If they are averaging more than 100 at M8 or M9 they probably aren't a POD any longer in all due respect. But I don't put too much concern into those games against recognised taggers in all honesty. Things change during seasons and games and nothing is ever guaranteed. One thing I can bank on though is Sloane giving 100% in every game like he has his whole career. Happy to consider that first.

Wild tactic would be to start Sloane, hope he goes big in first 6-10 rounds with his history of 140+ (even 150 or 160+) games, and then downgrade him to a dropped premium (let's say Neale takes a while to settle in at Brisbane) for cash (to upgrade a rookie) and an expected points gain.

Would be a brave brave move - but if you think his average is 10-15 points overpriced mid-season, it makes sense.

Fyfe surgery has prompted immediate action

Out
Fyfe MCrouch DecWatson

In
Sloane Zerrett DylRoberton (D5)

Need to find 30k to swap Sloane back to MCrouch
2 weeks for Fyfe with a bursitis, has a massive lump that will be drained and some possible ligament damage.
Freo have know about this for months.
Risky pick now, happy to take Neale/Olliepig over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back