Club Legend
Jul 23, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
West Perth Cardinals
Cracking first match.

The toothless tsunami by 20. I'll be happy if Cocky makes it through the game. Hope Trav plays.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Get the feeling this is a good time to get Collingwood

Seem to have had a stop start pre season with a few key players behind 8 ball

At this point I reckon they’ll come out fast and hard. Kick 6 goals then coast the rest to a win. We’ll look bedazzled and inept. That’s what I prefer to think as then it might not happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
It would seem Atkins is in it right up to his neck for a debut .... but what role ? Where do we seem him playing? Pressure forward? On ball tackle monster? Actual defender? If SS and Atkins play we certainly will have two guys in the side capabale of doing some of the blue collar work that some of our other players tend to find ..not to their preferred tasks...

Drunkcat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2018
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
It would seem Atkins is in it right up to his neck for a debut .... but what role ? Where do we seem him playing? Pressure forward? On ball tackle monster? Actual defender? If SS and Atkins play we certainly will have two guys in the side capabale of doing some of the blue collar work that some of our other players tend to find ..not to their preferred tasks...
Small forward for Atkins that's what they have been working on all summer

Defensive forward Rooke style.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
A bit different in height and aggression ? Perhaps ..I just have not seen enough of him..I was confident on Stewart ..Atkins just not sure where he plays so look forward to the jlt's. You do not add someone like Atkins for 2 years of development.
Definitely smaller than Rooke, but I think Atkins has a bit of strength and power for little fellow at 180. A bit of aggression too.

IMO still to early to call - however for one that some were calling a wasted pick... ( not sure you can even waste a late pick
Definitely smaller than Rooke, but I think Atkins has a bit of strength and power for little fellow at 180. A bit of aggression too.

Id say the chip is driving him. No AFL combine and draft for him. Hard work and grasping every opportunity. He might and will get beaten at times... but IMO it wont be thru lack of effort.

GO Catters

Tackle_happy

Club Legend
Jul 6, 2011
Brunswick West
AFL Club
Geelong
IMO still to early to call - however for one that some were calling a wasted pick... ( not sure you can even waste a late pick

Id say the chip is driving him. No AFL combine and draft for him. Hard work and grasping every opportunity. He might and will get beaten at times... but IMO it wont be thru lack of effort.

GO Catters

A bit like Matty Stokes then? That could be good.

Ablett
Atkins
Blicavs
Clark
Constable
Dahlhaus
Dangerfield
Duncan

Fort
Guthrie
Guthrie Jr
Hawkins
Henderson
Henry
Kelly
Kolodjashnij
Menegola

Miers
Narkle
O'Connor
Parfitt
Ratugolea
Rohan
Selwood
Stanley
Stewart
Taylor

From the list to have played this preseason I'd say the bold are locks. Bews isn't on the injury list, does he get up for round 1?
That leaves the rest to fight for 4 places in the side. For me that'd be Atkins, Clark, Constable and Bews, if not Jed then O'Connor.

Miers, Narkle, Zuthrie, Fort and Henderson miss out.

Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
Right, 26 into 22 won't go.

B: Tuohy, Blicavs, Clark
HB: C. Guthrie, Stewart, Henry
C: Menegola, Duncan, Kelly
HF: Parfitt, Hawkins, Dalhaus
F: Ablett, Ratugolea, Rohan
R: Stanley, Dangerfield, Selwood
INT: Taylor, Atkins, Abbott, Constable

I can't see Scott Selwood getting in that side, even when fully fit.

Narkle and Miers would be next-in, for mine.

Henry Blicavs Stewart

Clark Taylor O'Connor

Duncan Kelly Selwood

Ablett Hawkins Atkins

Rohan Sav Dahlhaus

Stanley Danger Parfitt

Int: C Guthrie, Menegola, Henderson, Constable

Emergencies: Miers, Narkle, Kolo, Fort, Zuthrie

Injured: Tuohy, S Selwood, Bews, Abbott

NB: Wouldn't be surprised if Miers is selected....

Last edited:

bulletproof

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Henry Blicavs Stewart

Clark Taylor O'Connor

Duncan Kelly Selwood

Ablett Hawkins Atkins

Rohan Sav Dahlhaus

Stanley Danger Parfitt

Int: C Guthrie, Menegola, Henderson, Constable

Emergencies: Miers, Narkle, Kolo, Fort, Zuthrie

Injured: Tuohy, S Selwood, Bews, Abbott

NB: Wouldn't be surprised if Miers is selected....

This is exactly my side but with Kolo in instead of Henderson, they may both play and O'Connor miss though. I think that last spot in the backline is only spot in dispute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back