List Mgmt. Our Midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe im being a little bit too bias but looking at Richmond during this pre season the team is looking red hot and training with very good intensity and looking the best i have seen for a very long time during preseason.

We do have some players with injuries
Graham - Just starting to get back
Castagna - Was in a moon boot until last friday
Caddy - Ankle issue's but think he should be ok for R1
Garthwaite - recovering from leg wont be ready
Nankervis - Been in rehab a while but should be ok
Lynch - Still not going at 100% could be our medico's taking the easy approach
Cotchin - Only going at 60-70% again could be managed

Have another 4-5 that are in rehab but for minor isue's , Nothing serious with any players like you guys have with Docherty/Pickett

No one here cares !!

Really interested to see how Matt Kennedy goes this year. In 2018 he had less competition for his spot as well as being in the honey moon period every recruit goes through. Was also carrying an injury. If he's now niggle free then he needs to be extremely fit. Anyone who has seen training got any thoughts on how he's being looking?

Really interested to see how Matt Kennedy goes this year. In 2018 he had less competition for his spot as well as being in the honey moon period every recruit goes through. Was also carrying an injury. If he's now niggle free then he needs to be extremely fit. Anyone who has seen training got any thoughts on how he's being looking?
QUADZILLA!!
Looking lean and powerful, will be a different player this year. Strap yourself in.

There is a good reason we targeted Kennedy. Was brilliant before his untimely injury in round one. Tigers didn’t know who to tag until both him and a Kreuzer got injured.

Derailed the whole season.

Can’t wait for him to string a few games together, seems to live for the contest.

There is a good reason we targeted Kennedy. Was brilliant before his untimely injury in round one. Tigers didn’t know who to tag until both him and a Kreuzer got injured.

Derailed the whole season.

Can’t wait for him to string a few games together, seems to live for the contest.

I went to 21 games in 2018 and can honestly say Richmond never tagged any player
Even in the Prelim when sidebottom was running rampant still no tag

Clearly i must have missed what you seen , Who did Richmond tag in round 1 as i have all the games recorded and ill watch it again
Being deliberately dumb, jack Graham was literally spoken about last season as a gun emerging tagger. Prestia and grigg played the odd run with role too, it's actually astonishing looking at you trying to inject info about your club on this board so often but also getting it wrong.

Jack Graham is in your team as a tagger. He was switched onto Cripps at some point to try and qwell his influence on the game. He repeatedly played negating roles all season. Carry on champ.

Being deliberately dumb, jack Graham was literally spoken about last season as a gun emerging tagger. Prestia and grigg played the odd run with role too, it's actually astonishing looking at you trying to inject info about your club on this board so often but also getting it wrong.

Jack Graham is in your team as a tagger. He was switched onto Cripps at some point to try and qwell his influence on the game. He repeatedly played negating roles all season. Carry on champ.
Trolling at it's finest !! Always sneaks in Richmond do this or that on almost every thread he sticks his nose in on our board..

Graham plays as a player thats about pressure acts and not really a tagging player, He plays in the midfield applying pressure to any player with the ball rather than tagging a specific player. But he did tag sloan after half time in the GF so can understand why an opposition supporter may believe he is a designated tagger as you mention being 'spoken about'.

Grigg was used as a tagger in some games in the past but not since 2017 season, He has played as a wingman and as relief ruck
It would be impossible to be able to do all these roles i think you might agree.

Prestia plays as a mid that plays on a player whilst playing midfield but certainly is not a tagger

Regarding being deliberately Dumb as you call it, Not being that at all but posting what i see my team do and as i mentioned if you have a specific game where Richmond has had a hard tag im more than happy to watch that game again and get back to you if im wrong

Happy to stay away from threads that are Carlton only threads and only responding to posts about Richmond which is allowed im presuming
There's a much more simple solution. Just buy a 3 game Blues membership its not expensive, take a photo and send it to thylacine60 as validation; he's being touted as the next super-mod. In doing so, you'll solidify your belonging to our group, improve our perception about Tiger supporters generally, and you'll be able to post your insightful thoughts in our threads to your hearts content.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind the capGun wandering in here every now and then, popping off a few tiger tidbits. I don't see any reason to drive away opposition who are respectful and add a different perspective. I expect he won't be seen around here much after the tigers crumble to their first defeat of the season in round 1.

There's a much more simple solution. Just buy a 3 game Blues membership its not expensive, take a photo and send it to thylacine60 as validation; he's being touted as the next super-mod. In doing so, you'll solidify your belonging to our group, improve our perception about Tiger supporters generally, and you'll be able to post your insightful thoughts in our threads to your hearts content.
You were going great guns (pun intended) till there.....:D

1. Had a membership for many years
2. Been dropping in here for over 10 years, You will get used to it
I don't mind the capGun wandering in here every now and then, popping off a few tiger tidbits. I don't see any reason to drive away opposition who are respectful and add a different perspective. I expect he won't be seen around here much after the tigers crumble to their first defeat of the season in round 1.
Just think about the opposite ;)
You were going great guns (pun intended) till there.....:D
:think:

Fisher was awarded the team MVP by Jack Riewoldt. All the lads from other clubs seem to love him - video of him accepting the award posted all over Instagram.

Obviously there's not much to take out of AFLX, but Fish is ooooozing confidence ATM and I bloody love that from a young player. Definitely my favourite player right now. Star.

Nah... he'd drop the average intelligence of both supporter groups.

re: our midfield....there's a very likely chance this year we are going to get beaten up by older, bigger and more experienced midfields during 2019, like in 2018. As much as we would like to think it'll all change overnite, it's pretty unlikely. We forget how young and inexperienced our midfield group are right now.

However, by the start of 2021, two seasons away, it'll look a lot different. Assuming Murph has retired, and our core midfield get @20 games per year under their belt over the next 2 years, it'll look a little like this:

Name Age Games
Crippa 25 120
Kennedy 23 71
Dow 21 60
Samo 22 62
Lochie 21 58
Setters 23 42
Zac 22 74
Walsh 20 40
Stocker 20 40(?)
Gibbo 25 40(?)
Ed 31 183

Ave 23 72

A lot different!!! But still a young group....that's when we can start getting excited....very excited. And who knows who we may get into the club in between times....a Kelly or Coniglio would just top it off.

Last edited:
I don't believe in talent, I believe in performance. Until performance meets expectations we shouldn't stop looking to improve the most important part of any AFL team.
The water boy/girl?

re: our midfield....there's a very likely chance this year we are going to get beaten up by older, bigger and more experienced midfields during 2019, like in 2018. As much as we would like to think it'll all change overnite, it's pretty unlikely. We forget how young and inexperienced our midfield group are right now.

However, by the start of 2021, two seasons away, it'll look a lot different. Assuming Murph has retired, and our core midfield get @20 games per year under their belt over the next 2 years, it'll look a little like this:

Name Age Games
Crippa 25 120
Kennedy 23 71
Dow 21 60
Samo 22 62
Lochie 21 58
Setters 23 42
Zac 22 74
Walsh 20 40
Stocker 20 40(?)
Gibbo 25 40(?)
Ed 31 183

Ave 23 72

A lot different!!! But still a young group....that's when we can start getting excited....very excited. And who knows who we may get into the club in between times....a Kelly or Coniglio would just top it off.
And as you say that’s at the start of 2021 they actually all turn that old next year.
It can turn bloody quickly, the Dogs three best premiership midfielders were Hunter, McCrae and Bont. They turned 22,22 and 21 that year.
By next year we will probably be a fairly similar age as their group was.

Name Age Games
Crippa 25 120
Kennedy 23 71
Dow 21 60
Samo 22 62
Lochie 21 58
Setters 23 42
Zac 22 74
Walsh 20 40
Stocker 20 40(?)
Gibbo 25 40(?)
Ed 31 183

Ave 23 72

That is a very sobering and timely reminder of the inexperience.
The thing it reminds me most of is that young St Kilda of around 15 years ago that pledged to stick together. That talent was wasted ultimately in a ultra negative way of playing the game but the ideal is the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back