Game Day Practice Match v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I couldn’t watch live but watched some of the replay the club has put up.

Gawn looks amazing. Grundy was out but he made light work of the three rucks Collingwood played.

Harmes and Brayshaw looked in good form. Harmes seems to have picked up where he left off. Brayshaw found a lot of the footy and looking good for another big year. Viney and Oliver will be huge additions.

AVB looked strong and tackled hard. Could be handy switching forward and into the middle.

Preuss is a massive unit and will hurt people. Risking suspension weekly.

Hibberd looked fit and found a bit of it.

Salem looking good and I’d like him to stay in the back half.

Weideman got to a few contests. If he doesn’t mark he’ll bring the ball to ground a bit.

Preuss and Gawn look like they’ll work well together. I’ll be interested to see how it works once Tmac comes in.

Inside 50 stoppages are going to be a huge advantage when Preuss plays with him taking the ruck and Gawn sitting a kick behind play for if we lose the stoppage.

Log on to watch the replay... 1st quarter only has 4 minutes and 2nd quarter isnt there... the video listed as Q2 is Q3.. disappointing
You should have seen it live. But seriously that's what it was. So instead of having any backup footage used or recorded, the club just gives us the faulty live stream recorded as a replay. Maximum Laziness

I wouldn't read much into the result seeing as how:

A) It was a Practice/Scratch Match

B) Neither teams were fielding their B22s

C) I think it was just a "let's see how these rules will go" with co-operations from other teams. I'm quite sure that other Scratch matches will just be testing the waters with the rules as well. Possibly the JLT series as well.

I couldn’t watch live but watched some of the replay the club has put up.

Gawn looks amazing. Grundy was out but he made light work of the three rucks Collingwood played.

Harmes and Brayshaw looked in good form. Harmes seems to have picked up where he left off. Brayshaw found a lot of the footy and looking good for another big year. Viney and Oliver will be huge additions.

AVB looked strong and tackled hard. Could be handy switching forward and into the middle.

Preuss is a massive unit and will hurt people. Risking suspension weekly.

Hibberd looked fit and found a bit of it.

Salem looking good and I’d like him to stay in the back half.

Weideman got to a few contests. If he doesn’t mark he’ll bring the ball to ground a bit.

Preuss and Gawn look like they’ll work well together. I’ll be interested to see how it works once Tmac comes in.

Only thing i though of seeing Pig was, even after 1 praccy Pig looked Like that year he had when he went AA 2 years ago.
Im not saying he will be ominous but everyone wrote him off because his SC scores last year were below his lofty high expectations.

In regards to our forwards, We can keep Tmac at FF, Choof at CHF, Petrecca in a pocket or even CHF. I want Tmac/Weed at FF.
Play Gawn in Ruck, Play Preuss up forward, then rotate them between

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back