Draft Profile Early reports on new draftees...

Remove this Banner Ad

Early reports on new draftees at Essendon...

Yestin Eades apparently the pick of the bunch at the moment showing great speed awareness and great disposal, Has AFL standard running capabilities as well so could feature early as we lack that silky half forward/Forward pocket.

Also impressive is Gach Nyuon, Jumps over anyone he's in the ruck with, Well beaten around the ground but in the middle he's great. Won't play any games in 2016 but an exciting prospect.

Over to anyone else who has some inside word or has seen your new blokes at training.
OP shows just how meaningful 'early reports on new draftees' are.

Who is it? Looks familiar though.
View attachment 615833
images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the Giants Swans practice game. Jye Caldwell is absolute class.
He is.

Leon is signalling Taranto and Perryman as stepping up into the vacant midfield slots though. I doubt he'll be in the ones early in the year.

Hately looked like he'll need some time.

Idun was the one that impressed me though. He did some things wrong in his positioning as a key back, but he looked determined and composed with the ball. He was always going to be a project player but I can see why we wanted him.

He is.

Leon is signalling Taranto and Perryman as stepping up into the vacant midfield slots though. I doubt he'll be in the ones early in the year.

Idun was the one that impressed me though. He did some things wrong in his positioning as a key back, but he looked determined and composed with the ball. He was always going to be a project player but I can see why we wanted him.
Idun looked like he could be playing regular AFL pretty soon, I agree.

On Taranto, looked a level above out there. Will brain the competition very soon.

Idun looked like he could be playing regular AFL pretty soon, I agree.

On Taranto, looked a level above out there. Will brain the competition very soon.
I liked the way Taranto stepped into a senior role like he belonged there. I kinda expected Hopper to lead but it was Taranto who did.

He is.

I barely noticed Hately but Taranto and Perryman both looked like they were ready to become impact players in 2019.

What is fun about preseason games is often players who have not been hyped at all suddenly step up and perform much better than anyone expected.

Hearing lots of good things about how Matty Parker is going this preseason, including in today's intra-club.

Mature-aged and ready-to-go and could add some much needed serious speed, flair and added pressure to our front half. Apparently good overhead too.

Very good chance for R1.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back