Training 2019 preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Hunter turned the ball over a couple of times by foot when under zero pressure :huh: The same old foot skill issues this year? o_O

I just turned it back on and that half wasn’t a bad game of “footy”

24000 to a made up game that means nothing puts it in perspective.

This will be blasted as a bad crowd when AFLW would scream it as a fantastic crowd.

And regardless what that was the Bont looked fit and ready to go.

Honestyly just stands out even among the very best. If I hear one more person compare Oliver to him I will spew

It’s a bit of fun aimed purely at kids that no one is taking serioemblimgusly and admitting they aren’t.

Good to see people hit targets and take chest marks for the first time this year.

Miles better than AFLW. That being said I’ve turned it off also
Have to disagree MD.At least AFLW is a form of football with the flow and strategy something resembling the game that began in 1858. I watched 1 game of AFLX and still have no understanding of what I watched and how it related to the game I love

Have to disagree MD.At least AFLW is a form of football with the flow and strategy something resembling the game that began in 1858. I watched 1 game of AFLX and still have no understanding of what I watched and how it related to the game I love

Watched it purely for entertainment value and it was ok. Not saying it was great but it did improve over the night.

I’ve tried to watch AFLW and just can’t enjoy it at all so if I had to choose its Aflx for me but that being said I wouldn’t be upset to miss both completely.

Not that we should be "doing what everybody else does", but why are we not playing a scratch match against another club?
I saw highlights of dees v pies the other day and boy were they going hard at each other...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lack of intensity - it makes it meaningless. I watched one half of one game. That's as much as I could take.

Without the contests it really lacks soul, and therefore is of no interest to me. Same reason I can't be bothered with the nba all-star game. Absolute waste of time.

Who is Abbey Holmes?
She played AFLW for Adelaide and kicked a lot of goals in the Northern Territory, even kicked six one year
in the EJ Whitten legends match a few years back.

I watched it all and some of the "big name" players looked crap while I have a new respect for Phil Davis
and Stephen Coniglio, that Bontempelli goal was enormous, awesome.

Can someone give me a rundown on how bont, Hunter and wood played last night?
Bontempelli: All class kicked some clutch goals, one of the stand out players moved well.

Hunter: Played mainly back and on transition, but did score as well.

Wood: Played off the bench, forward more than back kicked a few snags.

If there was a "Ching" for the AFLX Bulldogs then Bont, Hunter then Wood.

Without the contests it really lacks soul, and therefore is of no interest to me. Same reason I can't be bothered with the nba all-star game. Absolute waste of time.

I'm just glad the AFL and Channel 7 have no input into the Melbourne Grand Prix or we'd be seeing the celebrity race drivers use the F1 car's prior to the main race because "its fun and people want to see it and it won't effect the cars for the main race".

Bontempelli: All class kicked some clutch goals, one of the stand out players moved well.

Hunter: Played mainly back and on transition, but did score as well.

Wood: Played off the bench, forward more than back kicked a few snags.

If there was a "Ching" for the AFLX Bulldogs then Bont, Hunter then Wood.
I think they're looking more for a "ka-ching" with AFLX.

(SWIDT?)

Hunter turned the ball over a couple of times by foot when under zero pressure :huh: The same old foot skill issues this year? o_O

Lachie Hunter went at 74.5% disposal efficiently last year with more kicks than handballs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's probably the best in the league. For comparison that's 4% better than Bontempelli. Anyone who thinks Hunter is a poor kick or poor user of the footy has absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

Last edited:
Lachie Hunter went at 74.5% disposal efficiently last year with more kicks and handballs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's probably the best in the league. For comparison that's 4% better than Bontempelli. Anyone who thinks Hunter is a poor kick or poor user of the footy has absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

He’s by no means a poor user of the ball...but he does hold up play a heck of a lot. Sometimes for good reason, of course. I feel like he’d rather delay than kick to a 50/50 contest. Maybe with a better forward line he’d be keener to be more direct.

Lachie Hunter went at 74.5% disposal efficiently last year with more kicks and handballs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's probably the best in the league. For comparison that's 4% better than Bontempelli. Anyone who thinks Hunter is a poor kick or poor user of the footy has absolutely no idea what they're talking about.
Probably because he accumulates so much, so he's more likely (along with Macrae) to be the one to * up at a critical moment, so that's all people have etched in their minds.

I always thought Hunter was quite reliable with the ball, just not so much in front of goal

Disposal Efficiency King: Daniel McKenzie (Stk) 87 %.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back