Training Pre-season 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miers, Constable & Fort look like they are all putting best foot forward for round 1.

You can play two rucks again this season the rule changes are going to make centre clearances even more vital.

I'm assuming Stanley will start with sav backup.

If 2e or menegola don't quite get enough preparation in miers might be the smokey rd 1 starter
I think if Geelong don't play Stanley and Fort they will be behind the 8 ball.
We need Ratagolea to play solely forward to kick goals, jump on opponents backs and take huge grabs and to bring the ball down to our stay on the park bashers crashers and crummers in Ablett, Kelly, Dahlhaus, Cockatoo and Rohan.
Sounds frightening to other teams.
I think with 2 trucks and sav in the team we can take full toll on the new rules.
Goose Pimples!!!!

I didnt mean your statement was cringeworthy , just continuing my opinion of Guthries defensive incapacity being cringeworthy.
Got no problem with anyone's opinions, just showing my nausea effect when people talk of cg as a defender.
Loved him 4 years ago, but feel he overrates himself when he hasn't achieved a whole lot personally yet. Resting on his laurels.
If he puts his head down and disciplines himself I will bring back my support. Until then it should be the twos
Real defenders
Bews, Blicavs, Stewart, Taylor, O'Connor, Henderson, Kolo, Clark, Tuohy, Rohan to be selected well before him
Never thought your commentary was cringeworthy. Love your pedantic and informed views. Very open to most differing views to mineLove debate, but like the 07/11 cats, I never give up. A year of solid footy and I'm back on the bandwagon
If it's the Cam of the last two years throw him in the two's for month and see if he can respond positively,for what it's worth I believe he's a liability down back but can do some spasmodic good things while running on the ball forward of center,he's not in my best 22 to start the season but expect him to play rd 1 but no idea where like Turbo, i'd have to make a spot for him at the expense of someone else which in my opinion is the wrong way to pick a team,but they will play him if they follow previous selection patterns.

I believe Joel and the club orchestrated the media usage to assist Caddy to move and to get a high enough draft pick to pick up Parfitt
He is a captain who is strong enough to look media silly to achieve an outcome for the club.
TICK

They needed to read the fine print then. That deal also assisted Richmond to swap picks and grab Jack Graham - who kicked 3 goals in the Grand Final. Probably needed to think through that a little more.

If it's the Cam of the last two years throw him in the two's for month and see if he can respond positively,for what it's worth I believe he's a liability down back but can do some spasmodic good things while running on the ball forward of center,he's not in my best 22 to start the season but expect him to play rd 1 but no idea where like Turbo, i'd have to make a spot for him at the expense of someone else which in my opinion is the wrong way to pick a team,but they will play him if they follow previous selection patterns.
Absolutely agree. Likely to be picked but who will/shouldhe beat to the team of the following?
Bews Blicavs Stewart
Henry Taylor Clark/O'Connor
Duncan Selwood Tuohy
Kelly Hawkins Cockatoo
Ablett Ratagolea Dahlhaus
Stanley Dangerfield Parfitt
Menegola Rohan Fort Henderson
Em Kolo S.Selwood Narkle Constable Atkins Smith Abbott Miers Fogarty Kreuger Brownless Parsons Zuthrie Jones Simpson

Are we bringing young guys through to give us youth enthusiasm or not.

If it were up to me I'd have him in the twos with the direction not to run into traffic, but to use his pace to run out of traffic. If he can do this and use the ball efficiently for 4 weeks in succession he'll be considered for senior selection again.

Absolutely agree. Likely to be picked but who will/shouldhe beat to the team of the following?
Bews Blicavs Stewart
Henry Taylor Clark/O'Connor
Duncan Selwood Tuohy
Kelly Hawkins Cockatoo
Ablett Ratagolea Dahlhaus
Stanley Dangerfield Parfitt
Menegola Rohan Fort Henderson
Em Kolo S.Selwood Narkle Constable Atkins Smith Abbott Miers Fogarty Kreuger Brownless Parsons Zuthrie Jones Simpson

Are we bringing young guys through to give us youth enthusiasm or not.

If it were up to me I'd have him in the twos with the direction not to run into traffic, but to use his pace to run out of traffic. If he can do this and use the ball efficiently for 4 weeks in succession he'll be considered for senior selection again.
I think your I/C is too tall and would bring in Narkle/Atkins for Henderson otherwise I like your team.

Perhaps. Can you imagine the hype on here if a Geelong teenager in his 5th game did that?
And he's kicked 6 goals since. Can you imagine the uproar here if a Geelong player only averaged 13 disposals a game. He'd be asked to kindly leave and told he wasn't any good.

Perhaps. Can you imagine the hype on here if a Geelong teenager in his 5th game did that?
probably the same hype the Tiggers board had for a 5th game player that kicked 3 in GF ....

Supporters will do that... not sure its just a GFC thing.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The main gripe is that Caddy was under contract. We didn't have to let him go anywhere. See Tim Kelly.
I liked caddy too, but our salary cap was very tight. If he was to go, I think Parfittt is someone who has filled the void with distinction and will only get better.
To be honest with you I think Menzel will hurt us more and McCarthy will be a shining light for Brisbane. Even Thurlow has potential to succeed in Sydney if he is respected by his coach.
But as it turns out, Dahlhaus for McCarthy, Clark for thurlow, Parfitt for Caddy and Rohan for Menzel (not so convinced by the last) may just work out.

The main gripe is that Caddy was under contract. We didn't have to let him go anywhere. See Tim Kelly.

From memory Zach 2e came across that year so the salary cap could of well played a part.

I'm assuming caddy just re-signed for probably more than zach was going to get coming over.

Complete speculation though

From memory Zach 2e came across that year so the salary cap could of well played a part.

I'm assuming caddy just re-signed for probably more than zach was going to get coming over.

Complete speculation though
Nah, Caddy thought he was staying, even bought a house.
Once we really wanted Delidio but couldn't afford him and his name was thrown out there in a trade it was really easy for Richmond to get in his ear with Prestia, Caracella and Balme joining.
On our side we didn't give a s**t that much as he was a bit of a dick and lazy on the training track so didn't drive a really hard bargain.
That's all there was to it.

Nah, Caddy thought he was staying, even bought a house.
Once we really wanted Delidio but couldn't afford him and his name was thrown out there in a trade it was really easy for Richmond to get in his ear with Prestia, Caracella and Balme joining.
On our side we didn't give a s**t that much as he was a bit of a dick and lazy on the training track so didn't drive a really hard bargain.
That's all there was to it.

Not to you, but that really is a hindsight comment. Prior to him leaving he was our “contested bull”. Remember that phrase? The opinion of him switched 180 degrees as soon as he was traded. There was never a whisper about him being lazy before then.

Last edited:
Really? Like Cockatoo or Rohan? They don’t get near 13 disposals a game but you’ll need body armour to suggest they aren’t any good.
Except I don't rate a player on disposal numbers alone like some do. I don't rate Graham at all. His 3 goals in the GF has proven to be the exception rather than the norm. Rohan has proven on numerous occasions he has talent, as has Cockatoo. Their downfall is they can't stay fit for long enough.

Not to you, but that really is a hindsight comment. Prior to him leaving he was our “contested bull”, remember that phrase. The opinion of him switched 180 degrees as soon as he was traded. There was never a whisper about him being lazy before then.
Yes I know. I used to cop a bit of crap for not buying into the "bull" thing. Or even the "elite" thing that was being trotted around just before his trade.
And yeah, it was a tad humorous to see how that completely changed in a week.
I'm not one of those people that hear inside s**t or anything, but on this one I did from someone at the club.
Apparently he was a bit full of himself and didn't train hard enough. Also said the same about Smedts and Vardy and they were also soon gone. So I'm inclined to believe him.

Not to you, but that really is a hindsight comment. Prior to him leaving he was our “contested bull”, remember that phrase. The opinion of him switched 180 degrees as soon as he was traded. There was never a whisper about him being lazy before then.

Rubbish you can be a "contested bull" but still be a lazy trainer and not a great leader or example to the young players!

Really? Like Cockatoo or Rohan? They don’t get near 13 disposals a game but you’ll need body armour to suggest they aren’t any good.

Stupid comment. Cockatoo can't be judged on averages or possession output. He has played so many half games and less than half games through injury. Never had a run at it at all so what a ridiculous comment to make. If you can't see that people are judging him on what he might be then I can't help you. Unless of course you feel that even if his body is completely sound for most of the rest of his career his output won't change and in that case I really can't help you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back