No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can empathise - it's a common feeling when you're a Canberra Raiders fan.
Ease up Ned, some raiders fans are actually optimistic and looking forward to the upcoming season. I have already booked tickets for the chooks game on the same weekend as our GWS game. Now have you? would give you a good opportunity to puts some country km's on the FIAT.
Also whats wrong with our Chinese sponsors being allowed to have a investment in an Australian 5G network...................Oh wait, I see what you mean.
Go Raiders.:rolleyes:

I love bashing the Swans more than anyone - but this article is bafflingly stupid. So much holier-than-thou hand-wringing, is his father the town preacher from Footloose?

What amuses me is that he is apparently a massive Port Adelaide fan. Wonder what his take is on the antics of Sam Powell-Pepper and Jack Watts. Maybe he should go party with some of the young players some time - I dare say his mind would be opened to the fact that social drug use at AFL clubs, ALL AFL clubs, would be fairly common.

Yet again the howls of moral outrage over kids popping the odd pill or doing the odd line can be read or heard throughout the press - all on either side of some form of alcohol ad. And spare me the legal vs illegal argument because that isn't at the heart of this argument - people who are so morally opposed to drugs are so on the grounds of the self-harm and societal harm they can do. To do this while ignoring the self and societal harm alcohol can cause and you are a hypocrite of the highest ******* order.
Don't get me started on old people that are all legally medicated on prescription drugs who then decide to drive! There's a massive culture of old pingers

I can empathise - it's a common feeling when you're a Canberra Raiders fan.
Storm fan here - I just want Round 1 v Broncos to come around, so I can get the bad taste of last year’s Grand Final no show out of my mouth.

Ease up Ned, some raiders fans are actually optimistic and looking forward to the upcoming season. I have already booked tickets for the chooks game on the same weekend as our GWS game. Now have you? would give you a good opportunity to puts some country km's on the FIAT.
Also whats wrong with our Chinese sponsors being allowed to have a investment in an Australian 5G network...................Oh wait, I see what you mean.
Go Raiders.:rolleyes:

Optimism and the Raiders go together about as well as milk and orange juice. Still weighing up the viability of the Canberra trip - the Fiat has survived two trips to Canberra and back so she should be able to cope. I just learned my lesson the hard way that there are no petrol stations between Gundagai and Yass - so if you get a fuel warning in Gundagai you should really fill up unless you want to test the limits of your tank. I do have tickets and accommodation all sorted for the game in Wagga however which I am looking forward to!

Don't get me started on old people that are all legally medicated on prescription drugs who then decide to drive! There's a massive culture of old pingers

Like this old prick. Sorry, should be respectful. Sir Old Prick.

1550808243834.png

Optimism and the Raiders go together about as well as milk and orange juice. Still weighing up the viability of the Canberra trip - the Fiat has survived two trips to Canberra and back so she should be able to cope. I just learned my lesson the hard way that there are no petrol stations between Gundagai and Yass - so if you get a fuel warning in Gundagai you should really fill up unless you want to test the limits of your tank. I do have tickets and accommodation all sorted for the game in Wagga however which I am looking forward to!

One of the Raider's problems is that you have a Chris Scott imitation as their coach: former great player but total dickhead as a coach.
They are similar bad losers.

In fact, I love watching Ricky Stuart when the Raiders lose - just like I love seeing Chris Scott lose!

;)

One of the Raider's problems is that you have a Chris Scott imitation as their coach: former great player but total dickhead as a coach.
They are similar bad losers.

In fact, I love watching Ricky Stuart when the Raiders lose - just like I love seeing Chris Scott lose!

;)

The Raiders absolutely love a former son coming in to no avail. Mal Meninga was average as a club coach for us. David Furner was unbelievably bad and kept getting contract extensions when we had achieved nothing. Now we are back with Ricky. I want him gone - but the worst of it is the club would just go out and hire Laurie Daley as coach if that happened.

All the while we never took an opportunity to get Bellamy out of Brisbane. The one homecoming we could have organised and we were never in the contest. Classic Raiders.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-20/knife-mishap-puts-north-defender-out-for-10-weeks

A North spokesperson told AFL.com.au on Wednesday Durdin had suffered a deep cut to his little finger when a knife he was using to open a packet of food slipped.

The spokesperson said Durdin was not expected to return to full training for eight to 10 weeks.

8-10 weeks before he returns to full training? For a pinky finger injury? He must have almost cut the finger off. How can you even do that opening a packet a frozen peas (or whatever he was knifing)?

Probably deserves to be injured given the idiot thought using a knife to open a packet was a smart idea. Ever heard of scissors champ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turned on the TV and AFL X was on. Didn't realise that was today. Watched 20 seconds and it was not good. THEN Tex Walker was providing special comments! A fart into the microphone would have been a better choice.
Certainly puts a different slant on ‘special’ comments doesn’t it?

And spare me the legal vs illegal argument because that isn't at the heart of this argument - people who are so morally opposed to drugs are so on the grounds of the self-harm and societal harm they can do. To do this while ignoring the self and societal harm alcohol can cause and you are a hypocrite of the highest ******* order.
I agree with some parts Ned, but not this bit.

I have seen heaps of the damage alcohol does to society & I agree, it is massive; but, I legitimately hate drugs for their illegal & clandestine nature, almost as much as I do for the harm that they do.

If drug dealers paid taxes, sponsored programmes to mitigate (even if minor) the damage they cause, didn't promote violence as a means for increasing their market-share or even sponsored a sporting team/league, then I'd see them as the same as alcohol companies.

But they don't. Drug dealers are s**t c**ts.

Ironically, if you shot the s**t c**ts in the face & saved the lives of kids that might otherwise OD, you'd be the one labelled a murderer.

How the f**k does that work???

Turned on the TV and AFL X was on. Didn't realise that was today. Watched 20 seconds and it was not good. THEN Tex Walker was providing special comments! A fart into the microphone would have been a better choice.
More contact between kids behind the goals than on the pitch, says much to me.

I agree with some parts Ned, but not this bit.

I have seen heaps of the damage alcohol does to society & I agree, it is massive; but, I legitimately hate drugs for their illegal & clandestine nature, almost as much as I do for the harm that they do.

If drug dealers paid taxes, sponsored programmes to mitigate (even if minor) the damage they cause, didn't promote violence as a means for increasing their market-share or even sponsored a sporting team/league, then I'd see them as the same as alcohol companies.

But they don't. Drug dealers are s**t c**ts.

Ironically, if you shot the s**t c**ts in the face & saved the lives of kids that might otherwise OD, you'd be the one labelled a murderer.

How the f**k does that work???
I guess the issue here is that they can't due to the legal paradigm of the day. But look at what happens when that paradigm gets changed. In the US, where weed is now legal, some of the fastest growing stocks of the last 2 months are weed companies.

Don't get me wrong, the criminals are c%^ts. And legalizing drugs wouldn't make them better people (they'd probably find a new one to make misery/money illegally) but It's important to separate the goods from the product distribution mechanism.

My daughters abusive ex was a saints man - I’ve deemed as long as he draws breath they never taste success

That gives me about another 50 years of knowing they are ******
Surprised you use the word "man".
The douche canoe has probably never done anything manly in his life.

I'm only watchign for Hilly and Silk, Christ I miss Hill.
I secretly enjoyed seeing Hodge Hill & Burgoyne on the field together.
Just the lazy 10 Hawthorn Premierships between them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back