Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Is it getting a little racial in here?
Dinaric Alps, Serbia and the Dutch have some hot women too...Not that there is anything wrong with not being hot either, I don't have Grossophobia.
s**t - I don't know what can be said these days anymore with offending someone!
View attachment 620745
Agree...needs to be a huge flashing LED sign atop a Perth skyscraper overlooking the freeway, with constant updates on political correctness, or a phone App...a touch of 'Big Brother watching' in there somewhere?

ROYAL EAGLE

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
West Coast Eagles forward Jarrod Brander injured after star turn in intra-club
MarkDuffield_thumb.png

Mark DuffieldThe West Australian
Friday, 22 February 2019 10:35AM
1550807855195_GB5234EBB.1-2.jpg
Brander kicked three goals early before being injured.Picture: Danella Bevis

West Coast first-round draft pick Jarrod Brander left the field during today’s intraclub match at Lathlain Park with what appears to be a hip injury.
The key position prospect has been starring up forward during the scratch match, kicking three goals in a sign he has taken a significant step up this pre-season.
It is understood Brander sustained a bruised hip pointer, which was enough to pull him from the fixture.

The Eagles’ intraclub got underway without a host of the club’s stars. While Andrew Gaff, Willie Rioli and Lewis Jetta are all on AFLX duties today, the likes of Jeremy McGovern, Luke Shuey, Josh Kennedy and Jamie Cripps were also missing from action.
WIN the ultimate WA footy fan experience! Register to play The Game tipping and fantasy before March 12 for your chance to win TWO PREMIUM RESERVED SEATS, including hospitality, at every AFL home and away game at Optus Stadium this season, with thanks to Thirsty Camel.
Elliot Yeo was able to play some minutes in a positive sign for his recovery from a toe injury.
In the absence of regular best-22 players, it was a Collingwood recruit and a promising young defender who made onlookers stand up and pay attention.
Josh Smith, picked up in last year’s rookie draft after being de-listed by the Pies, stood out on a wing, continuing a very impressive pre-season campaign.
Down back it was Francis Watson who was most prominent.

The silky half-back is going into his third season on the Eagles list and will look to be pushing for selection yet again after putting injury woes behind him.
Tom Hickey and Nathan Vardy were locked in battle in the ruck, while former Fremantle forward Brady Grey was also on the field after signing to play with the Eagles’ WAFL side this season.

ROYAL EAGLE

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Eye-catching West Coast Eagle Jack Petruccelle stakes claim for Mark LeCras’ forward-line spot in intraclub match
MarkDuffield_thumb.png

Mark DuffieldThe West Australian
Friday, 22 February 2019 11:49AM
1550808693556_GB5234K16.1-2.jpg
Jack Petruccelle kicked four goals after the teams were split.Picture: AFL Media

Jack Petruccelle’s excellent body of work this summer rolled into West Coast’s intra-club scratch match this morning, with the second-year player staking a real claim for round one selection.
The 19-year-old lit up Lathlain Park in the third quarter of the scratch match, moving well, creating space and kicking three goals in an eye-catching display.
He added another major in the final quarter and put himself right in the conversation to replace the retired Mark LeCras this season.

WIN the ultimate WA footy fan experience! Register to play The Game tipping and fantasy before March 12 for your chance to win TWO PREMIUM RESERVED SEATS, including hospitality, at every AFL home and away game at Optus Stadium this season, with thanks to Thirsty Camel.
Young key position player Jarrod Brander was the stand-out player early with three goals, but left the field before half-time with an injury, understood to be a bruised hip pointer.
Petruccelle has already been the subject of public praise from coach Adam Simpson after a pre-season which has seen him work on building an endurance base to compliment his top-end pace.
His efforts today came after the Eagles split their squad into probables and possibles for the second half of the match.
With a host of stars missing from the fixture, Oscar Allen and Jack Darling lined up as the primary forwards in the A-team, joined by Petruccelle and Jake Waterman.
Nathan Vardy and ruck recruit Tom Hickey worked in tandem for the second half after being opposed to each other at the start of the match, with Hickey particularly impressive.
Rookie defender Francis Watson was also retained in the probables side after being one of the most impressive players on the field in the opening half.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Will be interesting if we can land both. That would be amazing.

Confident on Kelly.

Think Cogs will stay.

What would both cost us?
Cogs - should be our priority but as a RFA, I can’t see us getting cheaply in terms of cap and picks. He will likely be around the $1m and first and second rounder. I get the feeling he will stay at GWS as it appears he is loving life in Sydney.

Kelly is a more likely trade and will cost less in cap space and currency. I can see a salary of around $600k assuming he has another good year at Corio Bay.

In terms of trade currency, Geelong flexed their muscle last trade period and glad we did not give in. Now he will be uncontracted and not on minimum wages, it is time for negotiations to start from scratch. Geelong will want to start with what was last offered but that is about as relevant as what pick he was in the 2017 draft. I think he is 2 x second rounders. Just not wanting to give the Cats pick 18 or whatever it ends up becoming. Kelly will need to play his role in helping us get him home at the right price.

Never been a cat person. I got in trouble as a teenager when my foot nudged my girlfriend’s family cat into their swimming pool and would like to do the same with Wells.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Cogs - should be our priority but as a RFA, I can’t see us getting cheaply in terms of cap and picks. He will likely be around the $1m and first and second rounder. I get the feeling he will stay at GWS as it appears he is loving life in Sydney.

Kelly is a more likely trade and will cost less in cap space and currency. I can see a salary of around $600k assuming he has another good year at Corio Bay.

In terms of trade currency, Geelong flexed their muscle last trade period and glad we did not give in. Now he will be uncontracted and not on minimum wages, it is time for negotiations to start from scratch. Geelong will want to start with what was last offered but that is about as relevant as what pick he was in the 2017 draft. I think he is 2 x second rounders. Just not wanting to give the Cats pick 18 or whatever it ends up becoming. Kelly will need to play his role in helping us get him home at the right price.

Never been a cat person. I got in trouble as a teenager when my foot nudged my girlfriend’s family cat into their swimming pool and would like to do the same with Wells.

Can see Cogs staying. Best outcome is he signs a two year deal and next time he is out of contract he's a unrestricted fa and he walks to where he likes.

If we can land Kelly and retain our first rounders that woukd be a great outcome. If he has another good year that would be difficult.

FatPizza

Premiership Player
May 25, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
* Geelong. The bed they made out of pettiness last trade period is waiting for them to lay in this year.

I'm wondering how many at Geelong are frustrated with what they could've done with those picks they turned down?

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Agree...needs to be a huge flashing LED sign atop a Perth skyscraper overlooking the freeway, with constant updates on political correctness, or a phone App...a touch of 'Big Brother watching' in there somewhere?
When has anyone ever stopped you from saying what you want too? Try not to get offended by people disagreeing with you and you should be right.

Astro7

Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
When has anyone ever stopped you from saying what you want too? Try not to get offended by people disagreeing with you and you should be right.
?????...I have no idea what you're talking about? I agreed with above poster, and added
some satire. I wasn't offended by anyone? Haven't tried to stop anyone from saying what they want, PC correct or otherwise.
I think you misunderstood my post.

Last edited:

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
?????...I have no idea what you're talking about? I agreed with above poster, and added
some satire. I wasn't offended by anyone? Haven't tried to stop anyone from saying what they want, PC correct or otherwise.
I think you misunderstood my post. (before you start lecturing others)
I thought you were impling the amount of things you weren't allowed to say was so overwhelming they needed to be put up in bright lights lest you say the wrong thing. Apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick and missed the satire. People whinging about political correctness drives me nuts as you noticed.:$

Astro7

Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I thought you were impling the amount of things you weren't allowed to say was so overwhelming they needed to be put up in bright lights lest you say the wrong thing. Apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick and missed the satire. People whinging about political correctness drives me nuts as you noticed.:$
No probs, however, in a strange twist of fate, that's exactly what I was saying, with tongue in cheek!
Political correctness does get silly at times, but I don't lose any sleep over it.
Also, if someone has a different opinion to yourself, is it therefore considered 'whinging'..?
But hey, I find PC annoying at times...you find people complaining about PC annoying,
and there you have it, people are different....anyway back to footy.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
**** Geelong. The bed they made out of pettiness last trade period is waiting for them to lay in this year.

I'm wondering how many at Geelong are frustrated with what they could've done with those picks they turned down?

As supporters we'd love for our guys to go in their with that attitude but we're not ruthless like that. Our trade team is very very shrewd but they never openly bend a team over or play hard ball. The Suns trade & the Yeo trade are perfect examples of this. Sure we bent them over but nobody thought it at the time.
We get the deal done, pay 'overs' and then move on and enjoy our permiership glory.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
As supporters we'd love for our guys to go in their with that attitude but we're not ruthless like that. Our trade team is very very shrewd but they never openly bend a team over or play hard ball. The Suns trade & the Yeo trade are perfect examples of this. Sure we bent them over but nobody thought it at the time.
We get the deal done, pay 'overs' and then move on and enjoy our premiership glory.

Yep.

Just watch us cough up our first plus Nelson for Kelly at the end of the year. Which is about right for an out of contract decent player. Pick 16-18 + plus a fringe player.

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL

Yep people start backpedaling pretty quick when they get called out ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Astro7

Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep people start backpedaling pretty quick when they get called out ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Dunno, don't think either of us backpedalled to be fair..he read me correctly, just misread my humour (if you can call it that?)
and so we both have our opinions?

Re footy, it wouldn't faze me if we coughed up Nelson for Kelly (might faze Nelson?)
but nothing wrong with paying overs if you think that player is definitely a walk-up good fit for the team, that link in the chain you need.
Can't believe how petty the Cats were, not releasing Kelly because 'WCE are already a strong team and we don't want them getting any stronger'? A kind of group (Melb.) siege mentality.
(the slowing-down Son of God to play forward more 2019?)

Last edited:

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep.

Just watch us cough up our first plus Nelson for Kelly at the end of the year. Which is about right for an out of contract decent player. Pick 16-18 + plus a fringe player.
I'd be ok with that if we got a pick back. I'm not convinced Nelson is going to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back