Geelong for the flag in 2019?

Remove this Banner Ad

We’ll win both
Do you really believe that? If so, I must ask why you think North will win the premiership?

For me, I find it hard to get a gauge on Nth. I think they'll be there abouts in regards to contending for the top 8 but I find it hard to see how they have enough top end talent to take it further. but then again neither did Richmond, West Coast or the Bulldogs so it's possible.

Do you really believe that? If so, I must ask why you think North will win the premiership?

For me, I find it hard to get a gauge on Nth. I think they'll be there abouts in regards to contending for the top 8 but I find it hard to see how they have enough top end talent to take it further. but then again neither did Richmond, West Coast or the Bulldogs so it's possible.

Anything is possible. We did okay last year. If we’re close who knows right?

BTC "Big Tom Campbell" I am surprised he has not gone past Goldstein already..
Couldn't get a game in a team with the weakest ruck division in the comp so I wouldn't be relying on him.

Maybe that's why we had the weakest ruck division in the comp, no BTC. :moustache:
Except he was delisted so he wasn't regarded that highly.

I was joking, if you put Abbott, Fort, Smith and Stanley in a blender what would come out ?
Tom Campbell do you get it ?
No. Stanley is actually a decent ruckman which he proved last year.

You know he one the grand final sprint right. Rhys Stanley had 423 Hit Outs out of 825 although some
say he only had 421 from his 15 Games. Decent is a fair description I suppose.
Well according to champion data he was the 2nd best ruckman in the league between rounds 8-13 until he pulled a calf muscle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well according to champion data he was the 2nd best ruckman in the league between rounds 8-13 until he pulled a calf muscle.
I can't believe a calf muscle could have cost him all Australian selection, good player out of luck.

Round 8: DNP
Round 9: DNP
Round 10: 32 Hit Outs
Round 11: 18 Hit Outs
Round 12: 20 Hit Outs
Round 13: 34 Hit Outs

Must have been a poor period for Ruckmen rounds 8-13.

Last edited:
Everyone plays everyone, but Geelong routinely pound weak teams at home to boost their percentage more than others. If you want to hang your hat on beating Gold Coast and Freo by 100 go ahead, everyone else knows that two weeks later you were done and dusted.

Shoulda coulda woulda. Geelong weren't that great in 2018. A couple of narrow losses, a couple of lucky wins. One win ahead of Port who lost 4 by under 10, one win behind Melbourne who lost 4 by under 10.
Can you please tell me why it is different for Geelong to beat GC and Freo in rounds 22 & 23 as opposed to rounds 19 & 20?

I can't believe a calf muscle could have cost him all Australian selection, good player out of luck.

Round 8: DNP
Round 9: DNP
Round 10: 32 Hit Outs
Round 11: 18 Hit Outs
Round 12: 20 Hit Outs
Round 13: 34 Hit Outs

Must have been a poor period for Ruckmen rounds 8-13.
Imagine if champion data took into account stats other than hit outs for ruckmen? That'd be pretty interesting

Can you please tell me why it is different for Geelong to beat GC and Freo in rounds 22 & 23 as opposed to rounds 19 & 20?

I don't get this argument either.

These people say Fremantle were cooked by the end of the year when they played Geelong, but Fremantle nearly beat Collingwood the following week, which is proof those people making that argument don't have a leg to stand on.

The reality is Fremantle were rubbish away from Perth all year last year, they would have been belted by Geelong at Kardinia Park no matter what round the game was played.

DNP means (Did Not Play) even for champion data, tough to rate a players game if he "Did not play" perhaps the way he
added mustard to his half time hot dog was elite.
Well it's obvious I had the rounds wrong. There was a 6 or 7 round period where he was rated #2 ruckman in the league.

Flag favourites based on the way they're playing tonight - Dangerfield in particular looks set to have a breakout year and take his game to another level.

Flag favourites based on the way they're playing tonight - Dangerfield in particular looks set to have a breakout year and take his game to another level.
Dez should be here soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back