Ovens & King football 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are these all the young kids that rovers are going to develop under Cresswell making their way out to the O&K?

And I thought that the league may have gone past throwing money at kids, but I do understand the need to get young guys in with the thirds comp very weak.
Rovers have over 60 (unconfirmed, but would be close i reckon) on their list. I expect a few more boys will either head to the O&K or just give the game away.

Rovers have over 60 (unconfirmed, but would be close i reckon) on their list. I expect a few more boys will either head to the O&K or just give the game away.

21 on the track Thursday night, the other 39 mustve been in the gym :think::tearsofjoy:
Holland-Dean (who played seniors last year) Lachy Moore and Will Creed..from what i seen of the last 2 neither will have much of an impact at senior level next season !!

21 on the track Thursday night, the other 39 mustve been in the gym :think::tearsofjoy:
Holland-Dean (who played seniors last year) Lachy Moore and Will Creed..from what i seen of the last 2 neither will have much of an impact at senior level next season !!
My mail is that far off, i had better fire my source. Thanks for the clarification. (I can appreciate why they only had 21 on the track on Thursdays though; that's their fitness night...)

if creed can get his body right (as he broke his ankle 2 yrs ago) i think he could easily fit into the top 3 at the lions

Thought Holland-Dean one of the few positives for Rovers 2018? Is he playing for Whorouly? Has heaps of ability. Think poor decision if going to O&K

Last edited:
Thought Holland-Dean one of the few positives for Rovers 2018? Is he playing for Whorouly? Has heaps of ability. Think poor decision if going to O&K

You'd wonder what rovers think about Kneebone poaching there good young players and offering them heaps of cash ?? He was very parochial Rovers when he was playing there..and blokes being loyal to them..

You'd wonder what rovers think about Kneebone poaching there good young players and offering them heaps of cash ?? He was very parochial Rovers when he was playing there..and blokes being loyal to them..
i've heard they aren't on big $$$, and kneebone hasn't forced any of the young players to the lions. Don't know where you've got your mail from

i've heard they aren't on big $$$, and kneebone hasn't forced any of the young players to the lions. Don't know where you've got your mail from

From the horses mouth !! Wanted Moyhu to match the money from Whorouly but they wouldnt/couldnt..
Not saying he's forcing them but he'd be involved in offering a potential good young senior O&M player money to good to refuse

From the horses mouth !! Wanted Moyhu to match the money from Whorouly but they wouldnt/couldnt..
Not saying he's forcing them but he'd be involved in offering a potential good young senior O&M player money to good to refuse
Had a very good year last year, sucks for Rovers, hopefully they stick around. Whorouly have the potential to grab another 3-4 wins this season and that will help the comp no end.
Also hearing good things out of Bonnie Doon (in terms of recruits and numbers)

Do we have a list of practice matches? Who plays who, where and when?

Saturday 16th of March North Wang have a practice match against Longwood Redlegs.

Will be interesting to see how all these new recruits go for the Hawks and where they are at this time of the year.

I’ve been meaning to ask everyone if they think North wang will win any games and if so then who..?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great work by the lions. Get a group of mates and who knows how long they will be there for if they like it. Any news out of the dogs

Great work by the lions. Get a group of mates and who knows how long they will be there for if they like it. Any news out of the dogs

Not much noise coming from the kennel but I think that’s normal cause they always have something happening behind the scenes.
I did hear they only really need to replace a couple with the rest of the side playing on.

I see Sam Shanley has backflipped on his decision to play with Greta this season. Also hearing Sam Burdon won’t be playing for moyhu, not sure if there is any truth to that one! Still no news out of Glenrowan? Not that whatever happens now is relevant, i don’t believe who is and isn’t playing for them until after the clearance cut off date

I see Sam Shanley has backflipped on his decision to play with Greta this season. Also hearing Sam Burdon won’t be playing for moyhu, not sure if there is any truth to that one! Still no news out of Glenrowan? Not that whatever happens now is relevant, i don’t believe who is and isn’t playing for them until after the clearance cut off date

Yeah I believe the big fella was enticed back into town. Hopefully he has a good season and we will get him out in the blue jumper at some stage in the future.

Well I can’t really say a bad word about him. He was a nice fella, was fit and trained hard, would have been a nice inclusion for us but decided he wanted to continue in town for a while longer. It would be a different story if he was heading to a rival O&K club

Are you sure he didn’t get half way through the pre season training and realise how s**t Greta are going to be for another season.?

Are you sure he didn’t get half way through the pre season training and realise how s**t Greta are going to be for another season.?

Unlikely, the club is ticking along just nicely at the moment. They aren’t going to break the bank to try and win a flag as they need to make sure their long term future is secure but at the same time they aren’t content with finishing 7th the last two years.

Out of interest who do you follow?

Unlikely, the club is ticking along just nicely at the moment. They aren’t going to break the bank to try and win a flag as they need to make sure their long term future is secure but at the same time they aren’t content with finishing 7th the last two years.

Out of interest who do you follow?

I follow wang but get to as many dogs games I can considering half our x players end up there.. And as for finishing 7th if you end up finishing top 5 this year I’ll gladly eat my words but from a recruiting point of view you seem to be off the mark when most clubs are having a good off season in that department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back