2019 planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Prefer Taranto tbh. No injury history and stronger midfield to protect him. If Jaeger gets too good, he'll get the tag. Same won't happen to Taranto
Both in for me at the moment, most going for value with Dusty and Adams so these 2 are my 'pods' but Taranto needs to calm down in pre season if he is going to stay that way.

Dusty 40/60 split between mid and fwd in the intra club hmm

My approach is to look for value options even in the players I intend to keep. In the mids I've got my shortlist as:

Brad Crouch, Jack Steele, Zach Merrett, Pat Cripps, Seb Ross, and then to a lesser extent (but safer options in my mind): Yeo, Beams, Macrae, J.Kelly

These are all players I expect to improve and keep for the year. Brad crouch is the biggest question mark on the latter aspect.

EDIT: Okay so I actually never really considered Adams seriously, but now I look at this numbers I see the appeal. Priced at 95 but average of 114 in 2017, and a strong finish to the year in 2018. That increase is as good as, if not better than I'm expecting from some of the above.

Do you know why he scored poorly in the first half of last year? His best 3 games were when Treloar was out from R15-23. His finals series was also very impressive. I think I ruled him out initially because I felt there was uncertainty around the impact of Beams' return on his position/output. But keen to hear your insight.

I can't explain why but I certainly think he showed so much form in the middle that it'd make little sense for Bucks to not include him as a tier 1 mid.

Adams, Treloar, Beams to start.
Bring in Crisp, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Phillips off flanks and wings.
Sier to rotate through.
De Goey to provide x-factor at certain times.
Greenwood to tag.

I can't see Adams being relegated to a starting flank now - it'd be Beams spot to lose to Sidebottom/Pendlebury etc.

Would’ve been a lock for me had he have been a forward again!

I think people are majorly sleeping on taranto.the guy is a former draft pick number 2. he is in a team without shiel and Scully and he averaged over 90 last season. I actually reckon he'll go 110 plus! he has all the hall marks of a massive season

I think people are majorly sleeping on taranto.the guy is a former draft pick number 2. he is in a team without shiel and Scully and he averaged over 90 last season. I actually reckon he'll go 110 plus! he has all the hall marks of a massive season
Only 6 players averaged 110 or higher last year, 2 of them being rucks. Do you really think he will be in the top few players?

I think he will definitely improve but not to a keeper level. There are players with proven records for around his price that are less risk and could perform better such as Adams, Rockliff and Crouch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems likely that I'll cut Bont from M5 for a mid pricer to fund the more expensive rookies.

Rankine very impressive for GC
Quotes like,
"Lock for round 1"
"Will play every game"
"Could lead our goal kicking"
"Best rookie we've had in 5 years"
"Looks a cut above even at this level"

(I had Rozee for DPP but have swapped these two now)

Also, I thought Collins was injured but both he and Miles were ok in the GC/Bris trial game.
Burgess kicked a couple with time spent forward & back so that's a $170k blessing.

These trial games, Uh... :D
Walsh, Petruccelle, Duursma, Drew, Rankine..

Wonder how many preseason trades I've made already..

There are players with proven records for around his price that are less risk and could perform better such as Adams, Rockliff and Crouch.
Agree the 3 blokes listed could perform better than Taranto, disagree they’re lower risk.

Only 6 players averaged 110 or higher last year, 2 of them being rucks. Do you really think he will be in the top few players?

I think he will definitely improve but not to a keeper level. There are players with proven records for around his price that are less risk and could perform better such as Adams, Rockliff and Crouch.
Keep talking

Afldreamteam on insta, his info could be wrong tho
As a Tiger fan I was very interested in the intra club and I didn’t read anything out of the ordinary. We actually had one side with a good defensive and the other with our best forwards and midfielders.

Dusty was actually on the team with the best forwardss. Despite Caddy, Riewoldt, Lynch & Higgins all not playing it still appeared as though he played most of the game.

I think he’ll always spend parts of games up forward but this season won’t be any more than previous. Especially with Lynch now in the team.

I've got one for you guys...

Whitfield & Walsh

OR

Brayshaw (Melb) & Duursma

Genuinely stumped over this one

Whitfield & Walsh

OR

You're right. thats tough. so to try and answer your question....

Of those 4 players, the one i currently don't have to start with is Whitfield. I don't feel that he is going to increase his output so much as to put him out of reach as an upgrade target.

Walsh and Duursma seem likely to the best performing rookies in their lines from what we have seen to date. At this stage, Ive not seen enough rookies that I'm happy to go down to from Walsh. He is my M6 for the moment.

I think that Brayshaw can average close to 110 for the year, so he is in.

Thats my thinking thus far....which really doesn't answer your question. It's very close!

Last edited:
You're right. thats tough. so to try and answer your question....

Of those 4 players, the one i currently don't have to start with is Whitfield. I don't feel that he is going to increase his output so much as to put him out of reach as an upgrade target.

Walsh and Duursma seem likely to the best performing rookies in their lines from what we have seen to date. At this stage, Ive not seen enough rookies that I'm happy to go down to from Walsh. He is my M6 for the moment.

I think that Brayshaw can average close to 110 for the year, so he is in.

Thats my thinking thus far....which really doesn't answer your question. It's very close!

It's interesting, because if you remove Whit's 5 tagged games, then he ends up with a 110.6 average for the year from the other 17 games (this is without Kelly for 4 of those 5 games). His ceiling is also 150+ with regular scores over 120. Brayshaw could be 110-115 or so, given his finish to the year and his ridiculous ceiling of 166. Walsh could go 75-85 and Duursma could go 60-75. That's why I can't split them, because it just seems to always come out the same, with no clear winner

Whitfield & Walsh

OR

Walsh is a better rookie and Whitfield is a rock solid premium option. I think Brayshaw could go either way. He could go backwards to 90-100 or explode to 115+. You're talking to someone who has both those rookies and neither premium though. Really want to squeeze Whitfield in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back