Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do not know if the T knife in the pics posted last week from an online discussion forum, is a true representation of the T knife as detailed in the directions hearing. Best not to jump to conclusions.

I think you should have said don't jump to anymore conclusions , there are plenty about this knife before I said anything

Havent you just contradicted your point?

Either 'plenty of Telecom employees carried that type of knife and drove that type of car'' or 'the defence will need to give a plausible explanation'

Isnt that exactly the Defences plausible explanation?

I take your point its the little things but on its own the knife is not that problematical in my opinion (unless forensics changes that)
No contradiction. It might be plausible (and will be fact) that others apart from BRE had that model car and that type of knife but defense will need to do better than 'plausible' re those things when everything else is taken into consideration. Imagine if they present the owner of the knife and it's not BRE...
Doesn’t the burden of proof rest with the state? They’ll need to link it to either victims or accused otherwise it’s just a Telstra tool located within a Telstra asset and can be explained away.

Also it’s a judge only trial no jury involved.
The burden of proof in the conclusion, guilty beyond reasonable doubt, rests with the State. They don't necessarily have to prove each bit of evidence. The knife is already linked to BRE - we know he carried that type of knife. If allowed as evidence it will be part of prosecution's argument even though they probably won't be able to show it was his knife. As I say, it's all just part of the puzzle.

Of course you're right about judge only, my bad.

Right on both counts , jury only trial and Nobody in our justice system has to prove their innocence , the state has to prove guilt
The defence does not have to prove the knife or anything else is not his , the state has to prove it was , and that is not going to happen with this knife unless his name is carved into it
Sit there , shut up , watch them make fools of themselves [ THIS IS FOR THE DEFENDANT , NOT PREVIOUS POSTERS }

who is the defendant going to watch making fools of themselves?

who is the defendant going to watch making fools of themselves?

In relation to this knife , unless it turns out to be a murder weapon all the prosecution will have proved is the defendant had a knife his employer issued to him , unlike the careless employee who lost his/hers ... if the knife is not a murder weapon the prosecution have made fools of themselves

And imagine if it is the murder weapon , not only have they had the fingerprints , DNA and the murder weapon , with Telstra written on it , since the mid 90s , my imagination does not stretch that far

Last edited:
The guy who lived at the back of one of Weyger's properties was an ex taxi driver and i think pointing the finger at taxi drivers was spawn from that in connection with the girls were heading to get a taxi...

"While years later going 'Beast Mode' on the Taxi Industry and drivers. And supposedly 'cleaning up' taxi industry by forcing taxi drivers to submit DNA samples."

They took DNA swabs and Fingerprints of all those that voluntarily submitted samples. I was one of them taxi drivers....... but many didn't.
After the case many Taxi drivers will want their DNA back. Also have you thought that; Op shops, Good Sammies, Vinnies, etc have allowed the BRE types to relieve themselves without killing anyone? Really have you thought about this?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02...ecutors-case-against-bradley-edwards/10837926

Ciara Glennon had also been drinking in Claremont before her disappearance on March 14, 1997.

She was last seen talking to someone in a car at a set of traffic lights on Stirling Highway.

Her body was located in dense bushland, north of Perth, three weeks later.

This week the court heard allegations that her throat had been cut and fibres found in her hair matched those from a car Mr Edwards had access to at the time.
Seriously not good.

yep, that would be me :)

in another coincidence, when BRE lived in fountain way in huntingdale, there was also a senior police officer living just down the road, on the same street. i couldn't say if they knew each other or not, the police officers name came up with an address during my research of the fountain way address. the info that had this police officers details in it was not related to BRE or claremont, so will not divulge their name or address.

Regarding the knife, defense will need to give better than a plausible explanation for it being there because all the little things add up. They need to convince the jury it didn't belong to the accused. Good luck.

BTW there would have been plenty of Telecom employees that carried that type of knife and drove that model Holden at the time.

isnt it a judge only trial - therefore no jury?

After the case many Taxi drivers will want their DNA back. Also have you thought that; Op shops, Good Sammies, Vinnies, etc have allowed the BRE types to relieve themselves without killing anyone? Really have you thought about this?

It's about one person with as you said, a very bad temper. Not a community of people Throaty, but are you saying the police went for them as hard as they did on taxi drivers?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think portions of this discussion had been deleted by the time I found the BF thread, so I could be wrong but I don't recall the cross dresser stratagem/ruse to get the girls into the car being something that was started or even really entertained by Shellyg. If anything at the least that theory was also questioned with the same reasons you've outlined.

For some reason the theory put forth re Huntingdale case; That BRE may have been wearing the kimono rather than just carrying it, copped the hard hits, as was the narrative encapsulating escalating behaviours such as prowling, peeping tom and snow dropping, (which most of us know are often linked with serial killers) and the notion that this comportment was being exhibited in the lead up to and present at the Huntingdale attack.
I personally didn't think it was a bad scenario to explore.

The theoretical postulations, made over time, that it was quite possible the accused engaged in cross dressing for sexual pleasure turned out to be correct imo.

There's various reasons why people engage in cross dressing.
Both in modern times and all throughout history it's been used for purposes of disguise, comfort and self expression to name a few.

But on the more extreme side of things there's also "Transvestic Fetishism" which
centres around cross dressing.
While this is something that requires a psychiatric diagnosis the following information fits with shellyg's theory and the material the state has provided alleging the accused has partaken in.

With "Transvestic Fetishism" The intensity varies but there is an excessive sexual or erotic interest in cross dressing;
This interest is often expressed in autoerotic behaviour.
(relating to sexual excitement generated by stimulating or fantasizing about one's own body. The most common autoerotic practice is masturbation but not limited to) 

It differs from cross-dressing for entertainment or other purposes that do not involve sexual arousal, and is categorized as a paraphilia.

( Paraphilia; previously known as sexual perversion and sexual deviation, is the experience of intense sexual arousal to atypical objects, situations, fantasies, behaviours or individuals)

There are two key criteria before a psychiatric diagnosis of "transvestic fetishism" is made:
1. Individuals must be sexually aroused by the act of cross-dressing.
2. Individuals must experience significant distress or impairment – socially or occupationally – because of their behavior.

Sorbet bliss. There is nothing wrong with wearing a hot Denim Miniskirt. I do.

Sorbet bliss. There is nothing wrong with wearing a hot Denim Miniskirt. I do.

There was this guy that frequented a coffee shop near my office (think he worked in the bank adjacent), from the waist up he dressed in male business attire, complete with hipster beard. But from the waist down high heals, stockings and mini skirt.

in another coincidence, when BRE lived in fountain way in huntingdale, there was also a senior police officer living just down the road, on the same street. i couldn't say if they knew each other or not, the police officers name came up with an address during my research of the fountain way address. the info that had this police officers details in it was not related to BRE or claremont, so will not divulge their name or address.
well, my work colleague's daughter's partner lived on the st where he was arrested. Ithink his parents still might live there but there were lots of fun & games the day they arrested him. Perth is so small. Between my work colleague & the new girl who told me about the HW attempted rape & then yesterday the police officer who was on the same team, I'm shocked as hell that both know things about the accused

the HW attempted rape

I'm glad that someone calls the Hollywood Hospital attack by the accused BRE for more like what it was.

From the facts reported, it was clearly no common assault.

It's a discussion, we post and sometimes someone will want to have a chat about something we've posted. Nobody really gets the floor here.

Although recently I might have been hogging it a bit. I'll be backing off for a while.

Stay around Shelly G. I do like your posts. You are ok. I accept your dig. You are not me. I think BRE may have commented only 3 times. Maybe slightly more. But the finger down my back comment. As long as I am breathing, I am never going to forget that. Hugs Shelly.

Part of the agreement to giving the samples was that they can only be used in this case...

Stay around Shelly G. I do like your posts. You are ok. I accept your dig. You are not me. I think BRE may have commented only 3 times. Maybe slightly more. But the finger down my back comment. As long as I am breathing, I am never going to forget that. Hugs Shelly.

I wasn't having a dig actually, I thought you might have been feeling a bit uncomfortable. My response was an attempt to put distance between a community of people who cross dress and one serial killing criminal that cross dresses. Big diference.

he did comment. At least twice. If not more. Well I think so.

So you know the pseudonym that you think the CSK posted under when you think you were able to draw out comments from him?
Any clues as to the contents of these few posts you think were made by the CSK.

I wasn't having a dig actually, I thought you might have been feeling a bit uncomfortable. My response was an attempt to put distance between a community of people who cross dress and one serial killing criminal that cross dresses. Big diference.
This is something I've been worried about. W.A. is a very homophobic state. I have a few Transgender friends & I'm worried what they might face once this goes to court. I can see them being targeted because of BRE. Some men of Perth will need to feel like big men by randomly attacking Transgender people while out drinking just because they'll think X dressing murderers & transgender people are the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back