2019 Rookies

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Replacing Wines?
Mid/Fwd pretty delicious.
Is there somewhere that has SANFL player statistics?

Not too sure unfortunately, he had a pretty injury interrupted year last year so didn't play too many games. But he's 192cm inside mid with good skills, got a good feeling he'll play r1. Impressed with him whilst watching the Port vs Crows U23 game at the moment.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Not too sure unfortunately, he had a pretty injury interrupted year last year so didn't play too many games. But he's 192cm inside mid with good skills, got a good feeling he'll play r1. Impressed with him whilst watching the Port vs Crows U23 game at the moment.

I watched the last quarter on the stream - not sure if both teams were really trying at that stage but he looked pretty good - winning a number of centre clearances.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Drew%202018%20big.png

This kid will be rookie of 2019

Nice:thumbsu: I assume played on ball.

I had him in my team but took him out as there didnt seem to be much love for him over on the port board on ownership wise.
Nobody picked up on this one. Hehehe

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2019-rookies.1210356/post-59582056

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Nice:thumbsu: I assume played on ball.

I had him in my team but took him out as there didnt seem to be much love for him over on the port board on ownership wise.
Yes ....started off well, but I'm not absolutely convinced of him as a SC Starting Rookie yet

Dursma was great in the first half, but then fell right out of the game in the 2nd half

Both Stengle and McAdam good ......ATS McAdam probably has his nose in front, given he has a couple more weapons to his game

By all reports RCD had a good intra club game this morning.
Maybe an outside chance of round 1

I'll pick him because I'm a tigs nuffy.
Reckon he's kinda cute and will be good at football.

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Strongly considering D8 and M10/F8 to be floating donuts.

With Fort being a likely starter, R3 being a donut takes out the VC option for me.

I also think that often there are good rookies for say D4 to D7 and F5 to F7, but the last ones are always useless. Murphy, Garlett etc. And then I always seem to utilise my scoring options for rookies poorly - losing 300-400 points (conservative estimate!) or so by the byes by not picking which rookies to play correctly.

Anyone with strong opinions/evidence that having the 29th player as a playing, cash-generating rookie is necessary?

Strongly considering D8 and M10/F8 to be floating donuts.

With Fort being a likely starter, R3 being a donut takes out the VC option for me.

I also think that often there are good rookies for say D4 to D7 and F5 to F7, but the last ones are always useless. Murphy, Garlett etc. And then I always seem to utilise my scoring options for rookies poorly - losing 300-400 points (conservative estimate!) or so by the byes by not picking which rookies to play correctly.

Anyone with strong opinions/evidence that having the 29th player as a playing, cash-generating rookie is necessary?
I think this year is a definite floating dognut in the fwd line, with cash gen in the rucks looking likely.

The question is who to loop with?

Also, have you seen my beer? I put it down somewhere.:moustache:

This from exile on the GC board regarding yesterday GC v Bris scratch match

rankine - best on ground by far. this kid is incredible, for a first year player he played as good as bennell did for us with a couple seasons under his belt. he was everywhere, his intensity around the contest and second efforts were a standout. roved the pack on the 50m arc and kicked the first goal of the arvo. definitely as elusive as harbrow, there was one moment on the wing near the crowd where he juked two brisbane players and sped off which i'll never forget. if i were a betting man i'd pop some money on him for the rising star.

Mar 28, 2012
3rd spooky castle on left
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Steelers Perth Scorchers

rankine - best on ground by far. this kid is incredible, for a first year player he played as good as bennell did for us with a couple seasons under his belt. he was everywhere, his intensity around the contest and second efforts were a standout. roved the pack on the 50m arc and kicked the first goal of the arvo. definitely as elusive as harbrow, there was one moment on the wing near the crowd where he juked two brisbane players and sped off which i'll never forget. if i were a betting man i'd pop some money on him for the rising star.
kids a freak. I remember watching him in the carnival last year and he turned the game on its head. Took a screamer, kicked 2 or 3 and gave off a couple, all in a qtr. I just thought to myself, this kid has to go top 3(Not knowing who he was or anything about him previously). Very special talent

kids a freak. I remember watching him in the carnival last year and he turned the game on its head. Took a screamer, kicked 2 or 3 and gave off a couple, all in a qtr. I just thought to myself, this kid has to go top 3(Not knowing who he was or anything about him previously). Very special talent

SC relevant, I'm not sure, but sounds exciting

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers

he's already our best player lmao

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
I see, no wonder no one else got it either. :p

I didn't want to admit it, but it went right over my head. Any jokes that don't involve tittays or farts pretty much all go over my head.

Back