The Liberal Party - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a load of this hideous bag of nails https://www.news.com.au/finance/wor...d/news-story/57607ea9a1bbe52ba7746cff031306f2

They are self entitled because they won't work for me for free!!!
I'm not sure how this relates to the Liberal Party, but that is a hilarious article. The ridiculous quotes just keep coming and coming revealing how incredibly self-unaware and hypocritical she is. The comments below the article are universally savaging of her too, and rightfully so.

I'm not sure how this relates to the Liberal Party, but that is a hilarious article. The ridiculous quotes just keep coming and coming revealing how incredibly self-unaware and hypocritical she is. The comments below the article are universally savaging of her too, and rightfully so.
Bit harsh; if she is accustomed to people seeking unpaid experience in the past its fair comment to say it isn’t happening now (then having some guess as to why); she may have run into a string of young workers who don’t take criticism well

Says all that needs to be said of the feral jackboot prancing bullying violent left. So bad that British Labour MPs are quitting in droves over anti semitism infesting their party. The fascist left. Thatcher was a saint in comparison.
Two years after her unremarkable Anzac Day tweets, Yassmin Abdel-Magied is still getting death threats, and they sure as s**t ain’t coming from the left, so I wouldn’t jump on your moral high horse just yet.

Last edited:

Religion an issue for you, what is acceptable in your PC world ? Freedom of speech OK with you .....
Morrison has a perfect right to believe whatever creation myths he chooses, as do we all.

He does not have any right whatsoever to allow those beliefs to influence his decisions as leader of a nation of 25 million without full disclosure as to the nature and extent of that influence.

Exactly; and the more they cut the less reason one has to stay when we have a (reasonable) free public system. Sure not great for elective joint operations or prostate surgery but will get babies born - although not in a private room, and you need to wait in clinics for antenatal care. We went public for 2 of ours and private for the third, the main difference was waiting time to see the private obstetrician was less than seeing the GP for shared care/ antenatal clinic; admittedly got lucky with the room as a single in public.
Many private healths are pretty poor when it comes to dental (which I'm presuming is what the family with young children is using it for)
I pay $670/ month for a family (has full dental)
I am not sure what 'exactly' refers to? I was saying almost everyone I know in those categories are hanging in for now and staying in despite the high cost.
Neither are in the oldie category. In fact quite a few I know in the oldie category have dropped out.

I am not sure what 'exactly' refers to? I was saying almost everyone I know in those categories are hanging in for now and staying in despite the high cost.
Neither are in the oldie category. In fact quite a few I know in the oldie category have dropped out.
Sorry the exactly refers to (I interpreted) that young families you know were struggling with paying or thinking of stopping due to rising costs and reducing benefits

tenor.gif

Bit of column A and bit of column B.
My main complaints are; energy prices, lack of action on climate change, cutting the budget of the ABC and SBS, tax cuts to big business and high income earners, cuts to education and health care in general.

The current ineptness and apparent corruption of the current LNP is just draining. No idea if Labor will be any better but as far as I'm concerned the LNP have not done anything that warrants them being in charge of the country for another term.

For me personally I've always noticed more of a change in my day to day living with state elections compared to a federal election.

Fair call, the issues, the parties & State Govts.

Energy prices have always been a State issue but given the unholy mess the East Coast is in, voters are looking to the Feds, not holding the States accountable - WA seem to be able to stand on their own 2 feet, not so others. Gross mismanagement of East Coast power deliveru seems across the board.

How the lack of wages growth (my biggest issue) is addressed is my major concern, the old principle of an increase in productivity trade off has no currency these days. Maybe the big increase in infrastructure spending by the States (with Fed funding), coupled with a revival in mining capital expenditure might be usused as a kick start but its hardly sustainable.

Govt is Labors to lose IMHO, but I'm not sure what they will do that is any different to what we've had since John Howard got the DCM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit harsh; if she is accustomed to people seeking unpaid experience in the past its fair comment to say it isn’t happening now (then having some guess as to why); she may have run into a string of young workers who don’t take criticism well
Muffin Break is a multi-national company that has over 250 stores worldwide.
The GM is frustrated that they can't find enough people willing to work for free as part of their "internship" program.
A staff member took on extra responsibility while the GM was away and wasn't remunerated.
An interviewee pointed out that they were underpaying for an advertised position, which on all evidence, seems like it is probably the truth.

But yes, it's millenials that have the sense of entitlement in her mind, not the massive corporation looking for free labour.

Two years after her unremarkable Anzac Day tweets, Yassmin Abdel-Magied is still getting death threats, and they sure as s**t ain’t coming from the left, so I wouldn’t jump on your moral high horse just yet.
Nice story Jussie Smollet. If Jassmin got threatened she'd have it all over social media and the ABC would hold candle light viduals.

Says all that needs to be said of the feral jackboot prancing bullying violent left. So bad that British Labour MPs are quitting in droves over anti semitism infesting their party. The fascist left. Thatcher was a saint in comparison.
Actually, it says everything about the sort of person the subject was. Nothing else.

Nice story Jussie Smollet. If Jassmin got threatened she'd have it all over social media and the ABC would hold candle light viduals.
OK let’s forget any suggestion she’s still getting them.

The documented fact is, she received numerous death threats at the time.

And what’s truly astonishing is that you’re prepared to trivialise that, in fact not acknowledge it at all, in an attempt to paint her as merely some sort of frivolous publicity junkie.

(So you’ve kind of done everything you could to prove my point beyond doubt that right wingers are hardly in a position to take the moral high ground.)

I reckon the AEC might invite her along to explain herself about that. Sums them up in government though, they treat the public purse and assets as their own, to be gifted or sold to favoured friends and donors. The state Libs here, strangers to Georgie, just cut Labor seats out of the zoning area for the city high schools. The areas that returned a Liberal member remained untouched.

Fair call, the issues, the parties & State Govts.

Energy prices have always been a State issue but given the unholy mess the East Coast is in, voters are looking to the Feds, not holding the States accountable - WA seem to be able to stand on their own 2 feet, not so others. Gross mismanagement of East Coast power deliveru seems across the board.

How the lack of wages growth (my biggest issue) is addressed is my major concern, the old principle of an increase in productivity trade off has no currency these days. Maybe the big increase in infrastructure spending by the States (with Fed funding), coupled with a revival in mining capital expenditure might be usused as a kick start but its hardly sustainable.

Govt is Labors to lose IMHO, but I'm not sure what they will do that is any different to what we've had since John Howard got the DCM.

Hang on, Malcolm told us energy is the biggest emergency requiring federal action?

Nothing more to add.
Absolutely. You’ve trivialised actual death threats. So yes, nothing more to add. What could anyone add to that?

But I suggest you be a lot more circumspect next time you think you have anything to offer in the realm of morals. You’ve shat your own bed here, with no-one to blame but yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back