TNA Wrestling (On TNA+ and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

now to decide whether to waste free FITE credits on it or leave it up to mr. torrent

The Lucha Bros (Pentagon Jr. & Fenix) vs. Rob Van Dam & Sabu (Extreme Death match)
Sami Callihan vs. Jimmy Havoc (Monster's Ball match)
Jack Evans vs Jake Crist vs Kotto Brazil vs TBD (Ultimate X match for X Division title shot)
Eli Drake vs Tessa Blanchard
Team Impact (Johnny Impact, Brian Cage, Moose & Eddie Edwards) vs Team Lucha Underground (Aerostar, Drago, King Cuerno & Daga)

now to decide whether to waste free FITE credits on it or leave it up to mr. torrent

The Lucha Bros (Pentagon Jr. & Fenix) vs. Rob Van Dam & Sabu (Extreme Death match)
Sami Callihan vs. Jimmy Havoc (Monster's Ball match)
Jack Evans vs Jake Crist vs Kotto Brazil vs TBD (Ultimate X match for X Division title shot)
Eli Drake vs Tessa Blanchard
Team Impact (Johnny Impact, Brian Cage, Moose & Eddie Edwards) vs Team Lucha Underground (Aerostar, Drago, King Cuerno & Daga)

For smaller companies I always pay. WWE have enough money but companies like Impact, Destiny etc deserve the support imo. Especially for 20 buckos.

Rob Van Dam has re-signed with Impact Wrestling. I hope they bring back this t-shirt...

rdv.jpg

...and this theme song.

Rob Van Dam has re-signed with Impact Wrestling. I hope they bring back this t-shirt...

rdv.jpg

...and this theme song.

Has been dealing with concussion issues, but if he can keep that in check, he's a big signing for Impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

United We Stand was awful, but Rebellion is looking like an awesome show. I personally can't wait for Blanchard vs. Kim. Has a bit of a dream match vibe about it and can't wait to see the best young talent vs one of the GOAT.

Johnny Impact v Brian Cage w/ Lance Storm as the special guest referee
The Lucha Bros v LAX in Full Metal Mayhem (TLC)
Gail Kim v Tessa Blanchard
Rich Swann v Sami Callihan
Taya Valkyrie v Jordynne Grace

A few more matches will be announced tomorrow no doubt, but that is a better 5 matches than Homecoming and probably better or at least equal to BFG.

Went down memory lane and played a bit of the Impact game on my PS2 again. Love how it has a different feel to the WWE series.

Crazy looking at the roster from 2008 and seeing that nobody is left. (I'm assuming Hernandez and Homicide recently left?)

*spoilers ahead*

Rebellion was much better than Homecoming by some margin. For one, the storytelling leading into the event was very good and almost every match delivered.

The opening match was a Six Way Scramble which served as a way to continue the feud brewing between Petey Williams and newcomer Ace Austin. I've seen a fair bit of Austins career the past few years and he's grown in confidence. A feud with a veteran should help him take his game to another level and he's already got the attention of guys like Will Osprey who recently commented on his in ring talent.

The intergender match was fun if you're into that sort of thing. I feel Scarlett would be a much better heel and hope her face run isn't short lived. Personally I'd have loved a heel Scarlett v Jordynne Grace feud for the title. Grace is a unique talent and a powerhouse which would never have fit in the WWE era of bra and panties matches which would have made for a fun and heated feud between the two. Alas, maybe one day.

The trios match was as good as I hoped it would be. The North (Josh Alexander and Ethan Page) have bucket loads of talent. I've rated Alexander for years and see him as a main eventer waiting to happen. His promo skills are average but that's where Page is a nice foil. In the ring he's incredible. He is a storyteller and has strong style down to a tee. With Elgin debuting tonight too, I can't help but imagine how good a 15 minute match between the two could be.

The Knockouts title match was solid but lacked the time to be anything spectacular. The booking was very well done though, Taya won clean using dirty but calculated attacks and Grace looked strong in defeat. Of course, there was absolutely no way they'd be competing with the match between Blanchard and Kim, but more on that soon.

The X Division title match was far more brutal than I expected. Swann took his game to another level and looked very strong in his win over Callihan. He took a beating, only to become more and more brutal in retaliation. Since he's dropped his dancing gimmick, Swann has elevated himself. I hope he can get into a meaningful X Division title feud with Johnny Impact, who won a shot at the X Division title at the garbage heap that was United We Stand (although the Ultimate X Match was the only match worth seeing).

Kim v Blanchard was fantastic. Kim hasn't missed a beat and looked like the hall of fame calibre star she is. She took a lot of punishment and put in a fantastic professional wrestling match and my pick for wrestling match of the night. Of course, the main event was not just any wrestling match.

Cage v Impact started off really well, but once Cage got injured things slowed right down and imo is the reason the match felt a bit overbooked. Cage is an absolute star though, he wrestled through an incredible amount of pain and still managed a good match. He also took a powerbomb from Elgin post-match. Sadly, following the match he was rushed to hospital. Hopefully he has nothing serious, but it's a testament to his work ethic and desire to deliver. He took one brutal as * bumb ( a Spanish fly off the ramp onto the concrete) which most fans will walk away remembering. The thud was sickening.

Now for the main event. LAX v Lucha Bros can do no wrong. They put in an incredible TLC match, full of great wrestling. There was a good mix of Lucha and hardcore throughout the match. Fenix looked to have injured his arm in the first minute but wrestled through it, although he hit a crazy Spanish fly (what is it with this move and injuring people today?) Off the side of a ladder and through a table on the ramp. He landed with a bad thus and didn't wrestle again. The ending was absolutely brutal. Two tables, thumbtacks and and oversized ladder. Ortiz powerbombed Pentagon and got the pin. Post match the locker room came out to applaud the two teams efforts as it was nothing short of phenomenal. Their best match to date.

Go out of your way to watch this PPV.

Rebellion was a great PPV. Impact have put on a lot of good shows in the last 12 months.

I'm an LAX fanboy so the main event was the MOTN for me. The ending looked modified especially considering the fact that Fenix was done after the Spanish Fly spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back