Teams 2019 My RDT Team: H&A

Remove this Banner Ad

** Heavily biased as has been burnt several times already by one M.Crouch.
Was harsh on crouch agree.
I think he will be 1 of the 2 I take. I see him as safe as any of those, lower end in pricing of those and a crows supporter then why not.

Had kelly with him all along but now strongly leaning to brayshaw

Lol

Brayshaw will be elite

You do know old Crouch hates kicking and tackling yeah? Doesn't always get up for second halves either. Plus has questionable durability.
M crouch is the young one, He had 1 minor injury last year and otherwise been very durable. When he has got going he has shown he can consistently go 110-125 as often as anyone.

I never understand the he doesn’t kick enough argument as his scoring history takes that into account. It’s not like the scoring system has changed.

Agree re Bradshaw potential to be huge too though

Then kelly has massive ceiling

Lol

Brayshaw will be elite

You do know old Crouch hates kicking and tackling yeah? Doesn't always get up for second halves either. Plus has questionable durability.
Brayshaw may become elite, but not sure he gets the same amount of footy he did for most of last year. He certainly won't be coming off the back of the square like he did.
And sure it might be frustrating seeing Matt Crouch on 70 at half time and only going on to score 100 instead of going huge, but his tank is going to be much better again after another pre-season of which he's done all of it with no interruptions. He's only 23. He has also had a focus on being more aggressive with his ball use and his kicking.
I also might be slightly bias against St Kilda players as they have torched me the past few years. Just can't go to that well again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crouch was the one I was referring to.
Crouch doesn't mean everyone Coot

Why is Kelly in my team? Heck even Toby Greene... My bad books is a myth, anyone who pulls their finger out, scores well and stays out on the park can be an option for my side

If Crouch decides to finally run out games strongly, starts tackling and kicking the thing then maybe I'd reconsider him, as an upgrade target, but I'm not going near him until he does these things consistently and looks like being a top 8 mid.

Crouch doesn't mean everyone Coot

Why is Kelly in my team? Heck even Toby Greene... My bad books is a myth, anyone who pulls their finger out, scores well and stays out on the park can be an option for my side

If Crouch decides to finally run out games strongly, starts tackling and kicking the thing then maybe I'd reconsider him, as an upgrade target, but I'm not going near him until he does these things consistently and looks like being a top 8 mid.
For what is it's worth, pups, the comment was made "tongue in cheek". Thought you would have realised that.

I thought we were all mates here and it's all just friendly banter ?? This is my favourite board on big footy for that reason.
Pups is taking this all far too seriously. I do not ever intentionally mean to belittle or embarass anyone on this site. As you said peanut, this is meant to be friendly banter.
In saying that, pups has regularly posted disparaging comments on certain players who he feels have let him down in the past. He is of course quite entitled to do so but I do feel that he wouldn't be as punishing if it were a player he didn't have in his side.
I have made this comment in the past but it has always meant to be light hearted.
At the end of the day, I think that 99% of comments made here are done so with no malice of any kind.
BTY where's our sarcastic emoji gone?

Not sure if this is the right thread for some team advice but here is my first go at it, just under 100k remaining
1551150164174.png
Midfield is my main worry, it destroyed me not having Macrae during his purple patch last year. I am hoping he has a normal start as opposed to 140s so I can get him cheaper. Hannebery and Libba could both be out if they show nothing during the JLT, in which case I'd probably pick the underpriced Dusty and another rookie.
With the forwards, I really wanted to pick a unique like Kelly instead of Heeney...just because Heen refuses to have a ceiling so not having him won't hurt. But this is his best preseason apparently

Not sure if this is the right thread for some team advice but here is my first go at it, just under 100k remaining
View attachment 625859
Midfield is my main worry, it destroyed me not having Macrae during his purple patch last year. I am hoping he has a normal start as opposed to 140s so I can get him cheaper. Hannebery and Libba could both be out if they show nothing during the JLT, in which case I'd probably pick the underpriced Dusty and another rookie.
With the forwards, I really wanted to pick a unique like Kelly instead of Heeney...just because Heen refuses to have a ceiling so not having him won't hurt. But this is his best preseason apparently

I (personally mind you, just my opinions) have three issues with this team:
- Having both Williams and Smith in the backline. I don't see either of them being keepers, meaning you're spending ~$850K on two players, while committing to upgrading both at a later date. My preference would be just one, and the money being spent elsewhere to upgrade a midpricer to a premium
- Dan Hannebery. I don't think he's worth it
- You have 6 mid-pricers in this team, who I'm projecting will all likely need upgrading at some stage. That's a lot of trade work

View attachment 625859
I dont mid it at all.

See no problem with 2 midpricers in Def, if there are 4 bankable rookies come round 1 you could drop 1 to another rookie but currently that matches my own structure (I have Hanley not Williams as I think Williams price is a touch high in DRT compared to AF where he is less than Smithers)

Mids are ok with your suggested alternative also being good. Only issue is Hanners is iffy for rd 1 and I like many have ut a line through him because of that ragrdless of if he is there or not. Either downgrade to a rookie (eg Walsh) or consider Hall who I have in that slot for slightly more.

Rucks are so hard this year. English seems as good as option as any underpriced R2 but I have concerns and would certainly not be locking him in and watching his PS role and form closely. Darcy another to consider there if that your structure. I now think ill pay up for Gawn but that also depends on some other structural things for me and R2 may be my last selected position in the team.

Forward structure is good to me.

View attachment 625859
I'm quite happy with your structure. I suppose I need to be as it's not too dissimilar to mine. Whereas you have 6 mid pricers, I actually have 7.
Like Tex, I also have Hanley instead of Williams and I agree that Hall is probably a better option than Hanners atm.
I'd be more inclined to swap Libba to another rook as I feel there will be a number of midfield rooks to choose from. That should then give you enough cash to upgrade English to a more reliable type such as Goldstein.
I haven't started with any uber premium mids as I believe the system requires them to drop in value even if they maintain their starting average.
I will look to upgrade 4 mids throughout the season after they have had a poor game.

Considering St Kilda have very few quality mid fielders and have now lost their best one for an indefinate period, who is going to fill the void? Will it be Billings or Gresham or someone else?

Considering St Kilda have very few quality mid fielders and have now lost their best one for an indefinate period, who is going to fill the void? Will it be Billings or Gresham or someone else?

Candidates:
Steele, Ross, Armitage, Billings, Gresham, Dunstan, Sinclair, Hannebery, or rookies

I've had Gresham in and out of my forward line across the pre-season. I think it could benefit him. Also Acres is the other that could really benefit. I started him last year and he looked really good until he got hurt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back