Up the Coasters Eagles are the 2018 premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

It's like when you're a kid and your parents are telling you off and your old man (Gary) loses his temper and your mum (Roos) sits there and sulks in disappointment.

Except in this case after you get grounded your old man goes and tunes up his best mate's missus.

I'm probably different to most supporters..In GF week I stay well clear of Big Footy and all media relating to the GF..Don't read or watch anything

Plus having attended all 3 finals I miss a lot of the pre game,HT and post game talk.

Its great catching up on it afterwards :)

I watched the prelim again last night, the half time roasting of the Demons by Lyon is pretty good. Reckon he was swept up in the hype as much as anyone.

Shuey had a pretty big game for a bloke who went off injured. Bigger than I remember. I wonder if the decision was made to tag Yeo because they expected Shuey to be playing on one leg? Big mistake.

Link to prelim half time show plz.

I believe FXD uploaded it in full above, but I did cut a slightly shorter version of it myself. I've never tried 'Streamable' but didn't feel like using my personal youtube account, so who knows how it will work.

Poor Roosy, I know the 'keep it together, don't let them see your tears' face well.

https: //streamable.com/1iaew

(I clearly have no idea what I'm doing, but just delete that space and it should work)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally re-watched the Grand Final. On Blu-ray too.

That really was one of the best Grand Finals, hell, best games full stop I have ever seen.

Imagine being five goals up in a Grand Final at your home ground and losing? :$

I can't remember seeing the Eagles display as much grit and determination as they did in 2018. And the Grand Final was the entire West Coast season distilled into a single game. It really was remarkable.

Will Schofield really did play the perfect game. Barrass was immense. Shuey massive. Hutch was clutch as always. Darling's third quarter was amazing. Willie is set for a monster 2019. I thought Ryan's game was underrated, only made one mistake and hit the post twice. Vardy! What a finals series. Took the scalps of Grundy twice AND Gawn. Easily the best ruckman of the finals.

I love this team.

Finally re-watched the Grand Final. On Blu-ray too.

That really was one of the best Grand Finals, hell, best games full stop I have ever seen.

Imagine being five goals up in a Grand Final at your home ground and losing? :$

I can't remember seeing the Eagles display as much grit and determination as they did in 2018. And the Grand Final was the entire West Coast season distilled into a single game. It really was remarkable.

Will Schofield really did play the perfect game. Barrass was immense. Shuey massive. Hutch was clutch as always. Darling's third quarter was amazing. Willie is set for a monster 2019. I thought Ryan's game was underrated, only made one mistake and hit the post twice. Vardy! What a finals series. Took the scalps of Grundy twice AND Gawn. Easily the best ruckman of the finals.

I love this team.
Ryan did some really good things.

I feel we may miss a bit of Lycetts grunt.

He was a mountain of a man.

Need Hickey and Vardy to step it up and hopefully Nic just comes back and tears it up for the 2nd half of 2019.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

In a way it was the end for Lycett in the sense that this is the day Vardy truly took his spot as the 2nd ruck. Vardys around the ground work is just much much better. Lycett couldnt stay based on the idea the only way he was playing is if people stayed injured and we couldnt sign a guy up to 600k a year when we know if everyones fit, 600k player will be in the WAFL

Its unfortunate timing etc but when he rocks up ill give the guy a big ovation. He was a Eagle through and through. The balance of the list just meant he wasnt meant to be with us for the long haul

Near the end of the third I think it is, Duggan comes flying through a pack and lays a huge bump, we win the ball and it goes inside 50 where Vardy lays a monster tackle. At that point we are coming hard and if that quarter went any longer I think we wouldve pulled away

Near the end of the third I think it is, Duggan comes flying through a pack and lays a huge bump, we win the ball and it goes inside 50 where Vardy lays a monster tackle. At that point we are coming hard and if that quarter went any longer I think we wouldve pulled away
Watched it again a few days ago. Still got nervous going into the 4th quarter.

Duggan's game underrated. I thought he had an ok game before, but this time I just noticed more of the little things he did. His game is not on par with Schoey's but he had a similar game in the sense that he did not make one mistake. He bee-lined the ball and at worst halved the contest, but mostly came out on top. Didn't try to do too much with his kicks. Courageous mark. Good spoils. Provided good cover. Never backed away from a contest. He is one tough little s**t.

Some on here in another thread suggesting he should might make way for more talented individuals miss his importance. He is not flashy. He isn't going to stiff arm an opponent, tuck the ball under his arm and take off down the wing. Nor is he going to take a speccy. And his kicking can look a bit awkward at times, particularly those little <25m passes.

Along with Cole, we have our Back Flankers/Pockets for the next decade. Not every first round pick under 185cm has to become a midfield sensation to bring value to the team. Just look at his backline cohorts in Hurn and Shep. And he's only 22.

Sent from my CPH1707 using Tapatalk

Uploaded it just for you guys.

Hahaaaaaa! Possibly the funniest s**t i have ever seen.

Was at the game so this is the first time watching this. Why does the mood resemble that of a funeral home? I mean sheesh.

No wonder Roosy was so bitter in his grand final commentary call. On another note Kingy is typically very obvious with his Adam Simpson fandom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back