Taylor Adams significant finger injury

Remove this Banner Ad

8 weeks means he won’t be back til around 5/6.
So between the two extremes round 6 or round 2 be somewhere in the middle...

Just for fun let’s see if it’s glass half full or half empty.

Out for 2 months.

Our injury curse continues.

Of course this could have been remedied months ago however our “wait and see” attitude has again cost our club again.

https://m.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2019-02-28/adams-set-for-finger-surgery
can't really blame the club for not wanting to rush him into a surgical intervention unless it's absolutely necessary and unless other treatments have proven ineffective.

Annoying that he'll miss at least a couple of games, but we'll survive.

Damn this sucks. Only positive I can see is that at least it's a clear avenue for Beams to fit in the midfield without pushing someone as equally deserving in the team.

Out for 2 months.

Our injury curse continues.

Of course this could have been remedied months ago however our “wait and see” attitude has again cost our club again.

https://m.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2019-02-28/adams-set-for-finger-surgery

Dear Tay

You have an issue with your finger. There is a good chance that the issue will heal itself within a few weeks; however if it doesn't we will recommend surgery. So you have two choices:

a) immediate surgery - this surgery may be unnecessary and obviously there is risk associated with surgery and the potential complications are ......
b) give it to time to heal itself and if it doesn't then opt for surgery with its potential for complications.

We're recommending option b) Which option would you like to take?

Signed
The Good Doctor.

Personally, I'd take option b) every day of the week.

Dear Tay

You have an issue with your finger. There is a good chance that the issue will heal itself within a few weeks; however if it doesn't we will recommend surgery. So you have two choices:

a) immediate surgery - this surgery may be unnecessary and obviously there is risk associated with surgery and the potential complications are ......
b) give it to time to heal itself and if it doesn't then opt for surgery with its potential for complications.

Signed
The Good Doctor.

I’d take B every single time, then take B again just to be doubly sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phew. I thought we were talking knee or ankle ligaments. I'll take a finger.

Now see, I can't even say "said the actress to the bishop" any more.

Thanks Pell.

Anyway, this is not great news at all. But he will be at close enough to full fitness once he comes back as he can still run etc. Just missing match fitness and touch.

Beams and Sier get plenty of time on the ball and we give JDG those game changing bursts in the middle.

Dear Tay

Signed
The Good Doctor.

Option a) immediate surgery, and given it is your finger you won't lose fitness and would be recovered in time for the first round of the season
Option b) delay and see what happens, knowing that if it doesn't heal itself we will need the surgery, and given we have waited you will probably miss games.

Personally, I'd recommend a) every day of the week. There is no downside to getting it done (no fitness downside) yet there is downside of b if it doesn't heal itself, which is what we are seeing now.

Option a) immediate surgery, and given it is your finger you won't lose fitness and would be recovered in time for the first round of the season
Option b) delay and see what happens, knowing that if it doesn't heal itself we will need the surgery, and given we have waited you will probably miss games.

Personally, I'd recommend a) every day of the week. There is no downside to getting it done (no fitness downside) yet there is downside of b if it doesn't heal itself, which is what we are seeing now.
The voice of reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back