Multiplat Phar Lap: Horse Racing Challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

EB's Website, its $50

The Ride of Your Life!!
  • Cinematic Graphics: Showcase realistic horses and capture the action of the race with motion-captured animations
  • Online Racing: lets you run in real time alongside other Players
  • Career – Story Mode: Experience the thrill and thunder of racing with the pride and prestige of building your own stable of champions. Make history and build a brighter future
  • Place Bets: Alongside with your mates and watch the Race playout
  • Horse Creator: Create your own Horse, customise and share with other users on COMMUNITY and Download Community Created Horses

a5514550095047a7961194b3100341df_l.jpg

1ef458be12df42b49887abb73df49e80_l.jpg
I’ve decided entirely off this one post that this game is just Melb Cup Challenge with slightly improved graphics.

[QUOTEhttps://ebgames.com.au/ps4-250266-Phar-Lap-Horse-Racing-Challenge-PlayStation-4="JR#8, post: 59567740, member: 73521"]Bit worrying that you can't find any info on the game and it's so close to release....I mean not even a single screenshot....[/QUOTE]

A cople of screen shots are available : https://ebgames.com.au/ps4-250266-Phar-Lap-Horse-Racing-Challenge-PlayStation-4 such as the one below (playing as poosibly an unlicenced Rough Habit) - colours close but not exact replica.

1551672338048.png

I have a copy of Melbourne cup challenge on PS2, I have a real feeling this will be a stinker like the AFL game, MCC was not the worst game ever made but you had to hold the controller to the left or the horse would run off the track. There was no story but the graphics were very good, loved the moonee valley course. I just hoped they looked at the best games previously made and got someone that is into racing to help them come up with ideas. G1 Jockey and Gallop racer were great, then they joined forces on wii, it was kind of fun trying to stand on the balance board and trying to ride with reins and using the nunchuck to whip.

There's a FB page up for the game now. 8-player online racing mode. Nice.
That'll be 2 consoles (4 players on one console connecting with another 4 on another console). Not 8 separate players on 8 consoles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m concerned that the game is realeased in 9 days and I haven’t seen any Australian courses, I thought they did have licensing to have the main tracks like the valley, flem Randwick etc. I will probably still get the game but there’s very little I’ve seen about from 3 screenshots and a 30 second trailer that showed nothing

i loved playing G1 jockey on the PS2. You wouldnt think a horse racing game could grab you but dammit i did every training session possible to get better race results :)

Comes out this Friday. With the downloadable/shareable database of horses, it'll cool to see people create Winx etc and all the current crop of G1 horses.

Found this bit of info on a press release too :D

Race Commentary: Dynamic voice commentary by professional race caller Matthew Hill

Comes out this Friday. With the downloadable/shareable database of horses, it'll cool to see people create Winx etc and all the current crop of G1 horses.

Found this bit of info on a press release too :D

Race Commentary: Dynamic voice commentary by professional race caller Matthew Hill
I went to school with Matt Hill, he was a couple of years older though.

I remember at school that he wanted to be a horse race caller too

I actually do not mind it. I have got Rugby League 3 or 4 and AFL Nation. This is better than those two

Harder than Melbourne Cup Challenge but enjoyable

Gallop Racer and G1 Jockey are better but have experience but this is a fantastic alternative

Remove this Banner Ad

Back