JLT-2 Crows v GWS - Post Match Thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s a good dilemma.

I think Riley is locked in although he was not that convincing last night. If he stays on the park he will no doubt improve and would be a great asset as a forward and tagger.

As for Murphy, I like him even though his set shots are a little wayward at times (strangely his field kicking is very good) but he is fast and lively and capable of taking the odd grab.

But I think Chayce will be something special. His class really stood out at times with limited minutes. Just needs to improve his tank and then he will be first choice.

He came like 3rd in the 2k-er! If he seems like he doesnt have a tank its only because he's been doing a heap of inefficient or wasted running or heaps of high speed stuff.

Your comment isn't justified it can only be justified in one way and we are still counting

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Actually Marty.
The absolutism of your position and your steadfast defense of it is just an indication of your internal realisation that your credibility is in tatters from your Burton/Doedee carry on.
It's ok to say you got it wrong mate.
It's ok Marty

Its ok

Has built a premiership list hey

You are such a boring, pathetic poster. You should be ashamed of yourself. Go support another club.

Blocking marty is the best thing I've ever done but it certainly makes some threads confusing.

As a mod, i can't.

Has built a premiership list hey

Lets go thru this by process of elimination...

So I think all, even marty could agree that we can cross off that he's built a bottom 4 list, we'll leave that to SOS, gold coast and maybe even the powah.

So next level, bottom 8, I think we can rule out that he's built a bottom 8 list by virtue of us having been in finals a lot more than not in the recent era.

So top 8, I think the line above confirms he's built a top 8 list.

What about top 4? Well it gets a bit tougher here. Only one top 4 finish in the last 3 years, although 2016 I think we were 5th with an amount of wins that almost always sees you top 4, so we are pretty close.

Premiership list. Not yet. Its extremely hard to do this though. One will note that there are regularly 17 teams in an 18 team competition without a premiership list. The signs are good. We are much closer to a premiership list than a wooden spoon list, that's for sure.

Thinking about our game a bit more, I will be watching very keenly round 1 to see how different we will have been to these JLT games. I went to the port game live and none of our forward setups seemed particularly well structured. I've heard some commentators say about keeping the forwards spread for the bounce. We never did that. In fact we seemed very unorganised with how we did it, a just do whatever you feel stand whereever you want forward set up. Seemed the same with what I saw last night (though i didn't get a great view...god I hate the fn afl app). Hopefully we have a whole range of attacking setups we've kept under wraps.

Lets go thru this by process of elimination...

So I think all, even marty could agree that we can cross off that he's built a bottom 4 list, we'll leave that to SOS, gold coast and maybe even the powah.

So next level, bottom 8, I think we can rule out that he's built a bottom 8 list by virtue of us having been in finals a lot more than not in the recent era.

So top 8, I think the line above confirms he's built a top 8 list.

What about top 4? Well it gets a bit tougher here. Only one top 4 finish in the last 3 years, although 2016 I think we were 5th with an amount of wins that almost always sees you top 4, so we are pretty close.

Premiership list. Not yet. Its extremely hard to do this though. One will note that there are regularly 17 teams in an 18 team competition without a premiership list. The signs are good. We are much closer to a premiership list than a wooden spoon list, that's for sure.
Yes we are competitive I think we all know that and I guess your happy to be competitive like we were under craigy aswell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are such a boring, pathetic poster. You should be ashamed of yourself. Go support another club.

Dangle a unique "Ryan Burton Obsessive" Port Adelaide Special membership in front of him and he'll change his team in a minute.

Am I wrong I have 20 years supporting my arguement what have you got

We are becoming the next stkilda

Shhh,

It's ok. Burton's a good player, but Doedee is a good player too.

Shhh,

It's ok to be wrong.

Galluci’s Pace and acceleration is needed in Douglas’ position. Why has he fallen back in the pack?

He hasn't fallen back in the pack, except by injury. As I recall, he had some foot injury a fair while ago, played unremarkably in the under 23s, and hasn't been seen since. The official club story is that he is being "conditioned". So, he is obviously still suffering the effects of the injury, or is just not back to proper fitness. In time, he will be back, but let's hope it's not one of those ongoing sagas that we are so used to. :rolleyes:

I don't mind biting the bullet and bottoming out but play a number of young ones not just one or two so we stay competitive

Did you watch last night? Who would be the better option for us to have a crack this year and into the future?

And why would you want to bottom out? You don’t rate Ogilvies drafting because he didn’t pick Burton.

Winning form is good form.

Beat two middling to top sides "away"

I was impressed by the composure and game plan. Lots of possession. Lots of precise kicking. Only giving the handball when appropriate (generally).

Walker should have a better second half of the season as he rebuilds his match fitness and confidence.

Good to see Jenkins talking more. He'll always be a passenger in some respects because he joined the game so late, but at least being more vocal should limit his drops in confidence and gaps in output.

Greenwood in for Douglas. I forgot all about Greenwood.

Gallouci and Jones to fight it out for the final small forward spot.

Hartigan (playing small until Brown back) Talia Doedee

Smith Keath Laird

Seedsman Sloane Milera

Knight Walker Lynch

Betts Jenkins Gallouci

Jacobs Crouch Crouch

Greenwood Gibbs Jones ?

Is Riley Knight locked in for a pressure forward spot? And the other spot between Chayce and Murphy?

Knight would be locked for it, though there is room for both Chayce and Murphy.

Yes we are competitive I think we all know that and I guess your happy to be competitive like we were under craigy aswell

The current crows are nothing like the craig era. Mostly under craig we had a b grade list (though there were 2 or 3 years we had a genuine a list, and when we had the a list, we were super unlucky not to go further) that craigy got to perform at a grade level in the minor round, but in finals when all the proper a grade lists went to a+ grade we just couldn't go with them and out we went.

We currently have a solid a grade list and if we leave hamish at it for another 2-3 years and don't have any draft sanctions its quite likely it will be a+ list.

What is your prediction for the season for the crows anyway? Where will we finish on the ladder? How many AA's? How many U23 reps will we have? Any rising star chances? Will Doedee have a better season than Burton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back