List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Status
Not open for further replies.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Geez the Scott Selwood departure has worked out so well for us and not so great for the Cat. I know Redden wasn't a like for like trade but he's been a massive upgrade (basically replaced Scooter in that role). Huge fall for Scooter after his BnF in 2012 and big 2013. Was basically a future captain of the club then.

Redden him self came in as a risk after some injuries/niggle basically stagnated his career at the lion. Now he's a premiership star and an intergral part of this midfield. Im interested to see if Redden can take his game to another level this year.

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Geez the Scott Selwood departure has worked out so well for us and not so great for the Cat. I know Redden wasn't a like for like trade but he's been a massive upgrade (basically replaced Scooter in that role). Huge fall for Scooter after his BnF in 2012 and big 2013. Was basically a future captain of the club then.

Redden him self came in as a risk after some injuries/niggle basically stagnated his career at the lion. Now he's a premiership star and an intergral part of this midfield. Im interested to see if Redden can take his game to another level this year.

Agreed. Both players are 28, yet Redden seems like he just peaking now whereas S.Selwood has regressed each year since 2013.

Redden reinventing himself as an outside player after Gaff's suspension was a major factor in our premiership success.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Agreed. Both players are 28, yet Redden seems like he just peaking now whereas S.Selwood has regressed each year since 2013.

Redden reinventing himself as an outside player after Gaff's suspension was a major factor in our premiership success.
Like Scooter, i think Redden had heaps of injuries/niggles towards the end of his career at the lion. Also remember reading some posts from Brissy posters saying that him and leppitch had their differences. Think Leppitch wanted him to bulk up and play predominantly on ball and that stuffed his game up. Those factors saw him regress towards his brissy career.

Redden's always been a good runner and has always stated that his ideal role is playing both inside and outside midfield minutes. Couple retirements and Simmo's mantra of flexibility has really helped him.

Scooters ankle and body is now ****ed completely. It's been 6 years since he's played a full season and 5 years since he's played more than 15. The only thing keeping him in the game is the return of the tagger and how he's still a decent run with player.

We've basically took a gamble at the end of 2015 and come out as huge winners there. SO stoked it worked out so well.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
How good are Cats fans?

From their own D&T thread:

There is a simple trade for TK.

Straight Swap for Dom Sheed. Done its dusted. Make it happen.
I would want sheed and their first rounder.
We go easy they'll try and snare Clark for crumbs.
Gaff for Kelly this year would have been fair.
Forget Williams Venables or Cole.
We would want someone established and not too old.
I like Duggan, Darling and Barass.
Maybe Oscar Allen.
Wouldn't look at others

Gonna be a lonnnng year. I admire how disconnected they are from reality when it comes to drafting and trading compared to fans other clubs, it's really something.

Larry Donohue

Premium Platinum
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
How good are Cats fans?

Gonna be a lonnnng year. I admire how disconnected they are from reality when it comes to drafting and trading compared to fans other clubs, it's really something.
To be fair Scotty I did follow that one up with I was being sarcastic.
I'll be sure to take one of your posts in isolation in future
Be wary of reading further first

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
To be fair Scotty I did follow that one up with I was being sarcastic.
I'll be sure to take one of your posts in isolation in future
Be wary of reading further first

This is a warm and welcoming place that encourages robust debate.

Do you have any non-nuffy suggestions? Like we're not actually going to trade a first round pick and just chuck in Oscar Allen as steak knives...

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
How good are Cats fans?

I'm just a fan of Sheed. I know it won't happen, he is from WA, and a premiership hero. I think I mentioned that also in a later comment.

The trade will be for draft picks, no doubts.

**At 201-1 for Sheed and the Brownlow. I couldn't resist. Also Top 5 in Brownlow at 34-1, yeah, I'll take that too. Expecting a big year from him tbh.

Last edited:

archiemoses

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
How good are Cats fans?

Spat my drink out reading this.

I've quoted for future reference when we Kelly for an early second rounder.

Sheed and a first. ******* lol.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

random260

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
A commentator made a statement that really bring everything in perspective: Our FWD line will be as Young as Fremantle Mid during JLT.

This couple of rounds will give us a glimpse of our future FWD line for the next decade (Cripps would also be in it).

Can't believe we pulled of a rebuild of our FWD with so much potential (Assuming Darling ascends to JK levels which is a monstrous task.). Obviously, our FWD line in the future won't be better than 2018 since that was our Greatest FWD line of all time. But it will be better than 2012

Our Backline is next. Replacing Jetta/Hurn (kickers) will be no easy task maybe we will come up with new game plan obviously.
Mid rebuild is also going to be a concern as expected with every team.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
If Cogs is attracting $1.1m offers, I can't imagine a B2B premiership winning side having that space.

We wont pay Cogs $1.1 m to play for us. If he came he'd be getting paid the same as Yeo, Gaff and Shuey because they are similar in quality and importance. So around the $850 -$900k mark pa averaged.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if he was willing to play for less to win a flag. He sounds like a team player not a money hungry mercenary.

Last edited:

Larry Donohue

Premium Platinum
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
This is a warm and welcoming place that encourages robust debate.

Do you have any non-nuffy suggestions? Like we're not actually going to trade a first round pick and just chuck in Oscar Allen as steak knives...
You do understand the meaning of sarcasm?

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Redden must have liked what he saw as he went straight through SA without even stopping.....

Can you blame him?

But really, SA is totally fine. I mean they were free-settled remember, kinda like WA, but you know more special or something. And Hahndorf - that's fun, SA is just fiiiiiinnne.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Interesting how Port goes with a fit again Rockliff. They seem to have their own internal issues but unlike Brissy they have enough talent on the park to be really good this year.

Interesting how Port goes with a fit again Rockliff. They seem to have their own internal issues but unlike Brissy they have enough talent on the park to be really good this year.
Brisbane have just as much talent as Port, if not more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back