Teams 2019 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first time playing SuperCoach after years of the other format, how's my team looking? More midprice madness than I'd usually like, but I think that's where the value is this year.

696F326C-C053-463B-910C-48336B2CDEAA.jpeg B4693A77-0AF4-4B9F-BE97-6EE9D5492C22.jpeg

Port have already confirmed to debut 4 guys in round 1 (Rozzee, Drew, Duursma, Butters). I'd say he is more needed in the midfield, especially with Ollie Wines not there and Polec moving on.
Fair enough

It's not like he's a bad pick, he'll end up being a premo keeper 100%, you can't go wrong with him, it's just team structure and spreading your money around

I simply cannot afford him at F3, I don't want 3 players over $500k in my forward line. Boak/Walters is the most expensive I'll go at F3. I have Danger and Heeney at F1 and F2, who I believe are absolute must-haves

Fair enough

It's not like he's a bad pick, he'll end up being a premo keeper 100%, you can't go wrong with him, it's just team structure and spreading your money around

I simply cannot afford him at F3, I don't want 3 players over $500k in my forward line. Boak/Walters is the most expensive I'll go at F3. I have Danger and Heeney at F1 and F2, who I believe are absolute must-haves

I guess it comes down to how you rate the guys directly above and below Robbie. He will end up as a top 6 forward (barring injury of course) and for the price he is (currently 9th priced forward) is a bargain.

Port have already confirmed to debut 4 guys in round 1 (Rozzee, Drew, Duursma, Butters). I'd say he is more needed in the midfield, especially with Ollie Wines not there and Polec moving on.
I expect Gray to play 75% of his time up forward with the occasional run on the ball.

I will wait for him to drop down in price during the season and assess things at that time to see whether I pick him up.

I expect Gray to play 75% of his time up forward with the occasional run on the ball.

I will wait for him to drop down in price during the season and assess things at that time to see whether I pick him up.

Even if he averages 85 (Im expecting 95 - 100 which he has achieved in recent seasons) he is only going to drop by $50,000 - $75,000. Not enough to wait for him to drop in price. He has been in the top dozen scorers in the last 3 seasons and don't expect this to change in 2019.

I don't think you can expect to run so many mid pricers and expensive rookies and generate enough cash to finish a team. Looks like you have 10 keepers and you need to aim for at least 12, even with a mid pricer team.

Also no Zac Williams is suicide. I don't like Dev Smith or Westhoff as premos

I don't think you can expect to run so many mid pricers and expensive rookies and generate enough cash to finish a team. Looks like you have 10 keepers and you need to aim for at least 12, even with a mid pricer team.

Ive tried a slightly different approach. Limiting the trades i will require to complete my team. With this in mind, the mid pricers people are selecting will need to become keepers imho. That team @bitdash posted is just suicide. Roberton, Allen, Westhoff, D.Smith, Petruccelle and thats not even going over the premiums.

I might have a go, have talked my knowledge up, put it all on the line now.

D.

Shaw
Z.Williams
McGrath/Newman
B.Smith
Collins
Scrimshaw
(Clark, Duursma)

M.

P.Cripps
Coniglio
A.Brashaw
B.Crouch
Rockliff
Liberatore
Walsh
Butters
(Constable, B.Scott, Atkins)

R.

Grundy
Sinclair
(Sweet)

F.

Dangerfield
Heeney
Gray
Darling
McCarthy
Setterfield
(Drew, Parker)

Not much in the kitty ($2,900) but happy with this team. Obviously mid priced heavily, especially in the mids but imho, they could potentially be top 20 mids this year. Especially with pre season form of each of these guys. Rookies subject to change

Ive tried a slightly different approach. Limiting the trades i will require to complete my team. With this in mind, the mid pricers people are selecting will need to become keepers imho. That team @bitdash posted is just suicide. Roberton, Allen, Westhoff, D.Smith, Petruccelle and thats not even going over the premiums.

Cheers! Direct, but helpful. Will get a couple of mid pricers out.

Cheers! Direct, but helpful. Will get a couple of mid pricers out.

As mentioned, midpricers are good. Just dependant on what you expect of them.

From my team I revealed a couple of posts later, I have 6 guys in that 250,000 - 450,000 price range. All with varying degrees of value to my team make up. A guy like Tom Rockliff Im expecting to end up being a top 20 midfielder so at his bargain basement price you canot go wrong (in my eyes) whilst a guy like Lincoln McCartney is only there as an overpriced cash cow who will get me to a fallen premium player quicker than a rookie. (only using one trade not two etc. etc.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forwardline looks strong AF.
At the cost of no Gawn however? Risky
Out of Gawn and Kelly who would you rather?

Goldstein is strong enough to still score consistently and that upgrade can be made easily enough early on if necessary.
But I trust Kelly and Goldstein to score well in tandem more so than Gawn and anyone else I could put in F3.

I might need a hand here, SuperCoach-ers. Plz.
View attachment 633607
Like the Sidey Pick!...he is a gun!
if i were you..
get rid of Sheppard,Keefe,Selwood and GHS...they are not supercoach players!
get 2 premos and 2 rooks in and it will be better.
..i dont want to tell you who to put in cause its looking like a lot of our teams will be similar.
but if you look at a few of the other teams on here you'll know who most expect good things from.
Gallucci/Mcstay could be better too....1 name i'll give ya is Setterfield up fwd that everyone will have.use that cash left over to upgrade the other fwd.
good luck mate!

I might have a go, have talked my knowledge up, put it all on the line now.

D.

Shaw
Z.Williams
McGrath/Newman
B.Smith
Collins
Scrimshaw
(Clark, Duursma)

M.

P.Cripps
Coniglio
A.Brashaw
B.Crouch
Rockliff
Liberatore
Walsh
Butters
(Constable, B.Scott, Atkins)

R.

Grundy
Sinclair
(Sweet)

F.

Dangerfield
Heeney
Gray
Darling
McCarthy
Setterfield
(Drew, Parker)

Not much in the kitty ($2,900) but happy with this team. Obviously mid priced heavily, especially in the mids but imho, they could potentially be top 20 mids this year. Especially with pre season form of each of these guys. Rookies subject to change

McCarthy Bris?

I hope he has a breakout year l don't know what he will get in SC points but hes a talent hope he gets a good crack at injury free..
I dont like hes price in SC fwiw.

McCarthy Bris?

I hope he has a breakout year l don't know what he will get in SC points but hes a talent hope he gets a good crack at injury free..
I dont like hes price in SC fwiw.

I like him. If price didn't permit I would try to get Jamie Elliot in but Im happy with my structure and feel that McCartney is in the Lions best 22. If he gets a decent run at it, he could be a handy little cash cow with an average of around 75. Id be happy enough with that. The potential t average 80+ is what tempts me more than a rookie.

Will be sticking with this set-up until Round 1 teams come out. $48k left over.

1552356841289.png

Defence: Whole line basically locked, got turned off Roberton and Collins so they became Ridley and Scrimshaw, which also gave me an extra ~$100k to spend.

Midfield: Cripps, Oliver, Cogs, Dusty, Walsh, Butters, Constable are all locked. I really wanted Neale in my team but it would mean that Hayes would have to become Gibbons who looks to be another Carlton Shitruck. MCrouch is a similar, consistent scorer who hopefully can get back to that 2017 form.

Ruck: Gawn is locked. A bit worried about Grundy as he looked a bit restricted during JLT. Will still finish top 2 ruck but will most likely bleed a bit of cash throughout the season. Goldy the only other option if I decide to go that way.

Forwards: Danger, Heeney, Setterfield, Drew, Balta, Parker all locked. Higgins looked good in JLT, feel he could break out and become a solid F5/F6 averaging ~90. Greene too cheap not to have and also looked solid for the time he played. They are risky yes, but I haven't gone with any risky options in the Mids and Defence like a lot of others have, hoping this favours me in the season.

Under 20% ownership I've got Short (2.6%), Higgins (2.7%), Ridley (4.8%), Crouch (11.7%), Cogs (15.4%), Greene (16.4%). 13-16 possible keepers from this team.

Remember to run these Bobby Dazzlers (all of which look splendiferous enough to grab joint share of the winner's purse, just quietly, you've gone and outdone yourselves again), through a bye planner, yeah?
For it was written in the sacred scrolls that he who doth say ,**** the byes,' doth tend to get their s**t ****** up by the byes. Stay safe, hugs not drugs, xox

* da byes 4 lyf

Will be sticking with this set-up until Round 1 teams come out. $48k left over.

View attachment 633625

Defence: Whole line basically locked, got turned off Roberton and Collins so they became Ridley and Scrimshaw, which also gave me an extra ~$100k to spend.

Midfield: Cripps, Oliver, Cogs, Dusty, Walsh, Butters, Constable are all locked. I really wanted Neale in my team but it would mean that Hayes would have to become Gibbons who looks to be another Carlton Shitruck. MCrouch is a similar, consistent scorer who hopefully can get back to that 2017 form.

Ruck: Gawn is locked. A bit worried about Grundy as he looked a bit restricted during JLT. Will still finish top 2 ruck but will most likely bleed a bit of cash throughout the season. Goldy the only other option if I decide to go that way.

Forwards: Danger, Heeney, Setterfield, Drew, Balta, Parker all locked. Higgins looked good in JLT, feel he could break out and become a solid F5/F6 averaging ~90. Greene too cheap not to have and also looked solid for the time he played. They are risky yes, but I haven't gone with any risky options in the Mids and Defence like a lot of others have, hoping this favours me in the season.

Under 20% ownership I've got Short (2.6%), Higgins (2.7%), Ridley (4.8%), Crouch (11.7%), Cogs (15.4%), Greene (16.4%). 13-16 possible keepers from this team.
Not bad. I had Dusty all preseason but I’m feeling a little worried now. How do you see him going? I’ve backed him for Brownlow but worried that could be Richmond bias!

My favorite team so far. It almost mirrors mine but you've gone slightly skinner down back to beef up your midfield. On paper it looks so much better then what I've done but I'm finding it hard to pull the trigger on any of Oliver/Neale and Coniglio doesn't work for me because of my R14 nightmare.

You also have the $$ to turn Scrimshaw into Collins if the need arises - I don't have the bank to adjust currently.
If I were to free up cash my current plan is to drop Billings to Tobias and upgrade Martin to Oliver

View attachment 633528
Geez our sides are very much the same, so many different mid options to choose from that will all be good, very hard to pick the top 10 right now but I have gone for players who have been top 10 recently with neale Oliver and cogs, MCrouch has been in and out of my team but for his price it's hard to pass him.

I had bont/dusty in my side but both will be very up and down, both will play forward for parts (dusty will play forward a little till lynch comes in) but so many good options

Not bad. I had Dusty all preseason but I’m feeling a little worried now. How do you see him going? I’ve backed him for Brownlow but worried that could be Richmond bias!
Not gonna say much, but the way he was moving did get me aroused :moustache:. Moved so much more freely than last year, he was also hitting ridiculous kicks like in 2017. Didn't get out of 2nd gear in either of the games too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back