Western Bulldogs x Thor

Do you like this Marvel inspired Jumper?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wtf are you talking about?
I grew up and supported and played for an SANFL club in the 80’s and we were beating VFL in state of origin.
Our state league got swallowed up with the new AFL and then declined.
I’d market the balls out of it again and again and again to get it back there.
It’s all about promoting the game elsewhere with a bit of tie in to Marvel and not about me being and Adelaide supporter. Yeah get your head around it.

That is the most Graham Cornes thing to say

I love Dougie also my name suggests but he went to Fitzroy coz he needed money(sold out) coz he was broke(gambling and drinking and adulterous)

You wore a different jumper Doug you can’t talk about this one sorry
He didn't sell out. We has retired by the club and took the chance to play another season.

Seems kind of bad that it has a red back and we're wearing it against the Swans...

Does that mean we're supposed to wear it more than once?

Eh, I've seen the Swans wear their home game with a white back instead of a red, I could envision Swans wearing that white backed jumper.

Along with the 'Chris Hemsworth being a Dogs fan' factor, I think Thor is a good choice for a Marvel make-over (if the rumor of all the stadium tenants being likely to have a make-over). I mean we are the 'Team of the MIGHTY west' and Thor is seen as the MIGHTIEST of the Marvel heros. On point in my opinion!

well yes, it is the worst afl jumper in history, uglier than some of the hawthorn versions. and that says something. an absolute shait of a jumper.
It's not uglier than those Hawthorn ones, shees. Anyway, hawforn's traditional one is ugly anyway (pee & poo colours).

But I digress. I don't like this jumper, but if it gets the club a bit of dough for a once off it's fine - a bit of fun. And I hope the majority of that money is from Marvel.

But the "for the kids" line - what grass roots supporters can afford $95 a pop for a kids jumper? I do feel sorry for those kids that would love one but their folks just can't afford it. These kids will watch the more fortunates walking around the stadium with one.

Anyway, all the brouhaha is a bit OTT - if you're serious about it that is.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Along with the 'Chris Hemsworth being a Dogs fan' factor, I think Thor is a good choice for a Marvel make-over (if the rumor of all the stadium tenants being likely to have a make-over). I mean we are the 'Team of the MIGHTY west' and Thor is seen as the MIGHTIEST of the Marvel heros. On point in my opinion!
No way man...

This guy even has the right colours and the tunnel ball handpass action!!
127093c2741173d59770ed8b199091be.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

First there was the waste of space bastardised AFLX. Then we get to see our team lose to two of the worst teams in the league in meaningless JLT games. And then this jumper came along.

I can’t be the only person feeling this flat about 2019? I thought marketing people were meant to market a product and generate interest?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The kids will love it." Is the last refuge of every idiotic marketing campaign ever. It was trotted out for the abysmal failure that was AFLX and is the single straw that anybody who thinks this is a grand idea is clutching at as a means of supporting this monumental embarrassment. Unfortunately for those that have a love of traditions of the game this is not the end nor the cringeworthy worst of it. Ive been assured that the Kids will love the enhanced crowd interaction that they have planned as part of an even larger Marvel tie-in though!

$1.3m isn't a bad return for a night's (embarrassing) work...

We are not receiving $1.3m. We are trying to recover the $1.3m we dropped in merchandise revenue last year.

Who would have thunk that would happen given the year before was off a premiership year with over $1million more in merchandise sales directly related to a premiership

Isn’t the fact that part of the proceeds raised will be going to charity being lost in all this vitriol?

If that isn’t a good enough reason for some of you to accept a less than ideally designed jumper then I would hope you would also refrain from inflicting your unkempt facial hair on us in Movember

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back