Teams 2019 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks solid although too many midprice imo
I only have 5, Moore is practically a rookie at that price imo. Crouch and Libba offer great scoring potential at a moderate price, much better than rookies. I would rather have BCrouch and Libba than say a Cogs and a rookie. You need a mid pricer at f4 imo and Worpel (especially with no Mitchell) will win a lot of the ball. Williams is a lock in every team

Your ruck division is going to get annihilated, beef it up.
The group think on Grundy and Gawn being must haves is out of control.
Goldy averaged 110 odd after a s**t start to the year and Lycett didn't do too badly sharing the ruck.
For $330,000 less money you get maybe 60 to 80 less points per week and as long as you have some other good captain choices that $330,000 or more if you don't choose lycett can net you ALOT more than 60 to 80 points.
I will declare it! The Gawndy is a trap!
Try to do a team without those 2 (yes 2, out of 30) players.

I only have 5, Moore is practically a rookie at that price imo. Crouch and Libba offer great scoring potential at a moderate price, much better than rookies. I would rather have BCrouch and Libba than say a Cogs and a rookie. You need a mid pricer at f4 imo and Worpel (especially with no Mitchell) will win a lot of the ball. Williams is a lock in every team
Yes true but Moore won't make as much as a rookie and costs more (no pun intended) From a moneyball point of view, midpricers aren't going to make as much and require a trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldy averaged 110 odd after a s**t start to the year and Lycett didn't do too badly sharing the ruck.
For $330,000 less money you get maybe 60 to 80 less points per week and as long as you have some other good captain choices that $330,000 or more if you don't choose lycett can net you ALOT more than 60 to 80 points.
Its to step away from group think that becomes important. Just got to get it right

I'm not a hard Gawndy proponent, I but think you should probably have 1 of them + Goldstein.

I'd go with Gawn + Goldstein.

If there were any clear alternatives to Grundy and Gawn, maybe I'd feel comfortable going in the cheaper direction. But I don't see any other rucks of note making a case for themselves, and they won't until the season begins. So as I see it, I'd rather start the sure-fire can't-miss options and trade down later than gamble at the start on Westhoff/Nank/Witts/Lobb/Lycett being any good.

Also, if I don't have to think about rucks all year, then that's a win too.

2 of the top 3 in total points. Last year apart from Mitchell they both clearly outscored the next best. Great captain options. Its hard not to lock that in (no guarantees of a repeat of course). I've got them both currently but will muck around with different combos to see how it effects the rest of my team. I doubt I'll convince myself not to start them

Yes true but Moore won't make as much as a rookie and costs more (no pun intended) From a moneyball point of view, midpricers aren't going to make as much and require a trade.
But they score much more, Collins (who i see in your team) is 50k less, Moore imo will be able to score much higher and has a higher ceiling due to not having a direct man all the time compared to Collins. A rookie is gonna require trade as well....

If there were any clear alternatives to Grundy and Gawn, maybe I'd feel comfortable going in the cheaper direction. But I don't see any other rucks of note making a case for themselves, and they won't until the season begins. So as I see it, I'd rather start the sure-fire can't-miss options and trade down later than gamble at the start on Westhoff/Nank/Witts/Lobb/Lycett being any good.

Also, if I don't have to think about rucks all year, then that's a win too.
I done a few, I convinced one (if not both) of them will be top 2, and I don't like the idea of side swapping premo priced rucks.

I do actually think there are a few alternatives and my point remains in that you are trying to get the top two scorers in a two position race (rucks) and if you manage to get the third and fourth in that position who cares, especially if you start with 2 or 3 or more keepers in other lines. The big picture has 30 positions and if you ignore the top 2 in ruck every other position players move up in rank.

I'm probably going a crap way of explaining but its kinda like...
do you want
1,2,3,12,14, 18, 21, 30, 42, 82,
or
3,4,5,8,11, 16, 20, 26, 34, 45

I've been really late to the party this year and not given my S/C team the attention it deserves. I'm not really happy with it but will probably roll with something similar to this:
Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 8.40.06 pm.png

Any thoughts gurus??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back