Do we need to trade some current players to improve the list?

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a surplus of stock with depth really not to far off the pace Playing reserves who would appeal to some clubs

Richmond had these players a nd traded them out. Got eff all for them. It will be interesting to see if it bites them on the arse when they eventually cop some injuries. Tney had had a blessed run and haven't really had to fall back on their depth. I'd like to see what happens when they need it and its off playing with the Suns, or the Bulldogs

Good on you darkyprotector for sticking your neck out and offering an opinion you've clearly put some thought in to.

Just sayin'. :)

If our list is lacking something, depth isn't one of them. We can miss one or two but I rather keep developing the current playing group ( minus Phillips and other VFL level players ) unless someone gets a Godfather offer.
Seriously I wouldn't know who we can fit in our best 22 even if we wanted too. Perhap a tall fwd but Lynch already escaped us . I would like to see the season out how the SwoopSquad with Elliott is performing before making judgements on a target.

What do you want in terms of contribution from me?

Do you not see how bad this thread is? That is the best thing I can say.
I guess you know what you're getting when you check out a post/thread started by Darkyprotector!! I'm sure I'm not the only one who looked at this thread just to see what he came up with this time.

He certainly is a poster with a 'different' way of looking at things! To him it apparently makes sense for Collingwood to spend 5 years working on a rebuild, come out of it with an exciting, rapidly developing side that almost won a premiership at it's first attempt, but to then pull that team apart and start working on the next rebuild!!

I guess you know what you're getting when you check out a post/thread started by Darkyprotector!! I'm sure I'm not the only one who looked at this thread just to see what he came up with this time.

He certainly is a poster with a 'different' way of looking at things! To him it apparently makes sense for Collingwood to spend 5 years working on a rebuild, come out of it with an exciting, rapidly developing side that almost won a premiership at it's first attempt, but to then pull that team apart and start working on the next rebuild!!
It obviously went over my head.

Well known we have to Always make changes off season
Minimum 3

I've noticed that our youngsters are now due to blossom after a few seasons in the system

To do that we need spaces in the team

IMO Untouchable youngster s ( not best 22) that will not be traded or delisted
Nathan murphy
Callum brown
Tyler brown
Josh Daicos

To give these 4 a go we're gonna have to trade out established players
Aish , shaz , broomy should get us at least a low 1st round next year from port
Phillips can be traded to saints for a first round
Langdon freo for a high second pick
Heck even Thomas for a juicy Gold Coast outcome ( wright? Or Ben king or pick 2?)
Murphy takes langdons spot
Tyler takes Phillips
Daicos takes thomas

Delisting

Sack
Levi
Wells
Crocker
Reid

My recruiting targets would be

Ed Richards( dogs)

Peter wright ( suns)

Hugh greenwood ( crows)

We have currency and we should use it

We also have nick Daicos comming in

Edited typo obvious richards

I hope the drugs kicked in for you and you're feeling better now

It obviously went over my head.
Being enthusiastic is one thing, but a bit of common sense is still needed! We're not getting Ben King or pick 2 from Gold Coast in exchange for Josh Thomas. Of course we need to keep an eye on the older players we have on our list, and move them on when necessary. Hugh Greenwood is 27, so if we recruited him at the end of the year he'd be 28 by the start of next season. He's only a year younger than Sidebottom, an established superstar, and I know who I'd prefer to have in my side!!

Drugs don't always work....

Well I started reading his post and then i came upon some stuff about trading half the players who are currently getting a game..... so I figured it was some kind of monty python joke or the results of a drug binge. I chose the latter. I suppose I could have posted the phone number for beyond blue.... I sometimes get into trouble for showing a lack of concern so I just want to apologise if I upset someone who is clearly suffering from delusions..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark this down

The new rules will expose Tom Langdon for pace ( remember round 1 hawthorn , exploited first 4 entries)

Nowhere to hide with these new rules

Let's hope he doesn't play on rowan

The amount of times I read about Langdon being slow does my head in. He's significantly faster than all of the guys that you want to add into the team. I understand that the first impression is that Langdon is slow, because he is when the ball is in his hands. But surely he's played enough games for us Collingwood supporters to have noticed that he's very very quick when the ball isn't in his hands and shuts down more space more quickly than any of our other defenders. If a new rule is going to cause issues for defenders who lack pace, it sure as hell won't be Langdon who will struggle. It'll be Shaz, Murphy, Roughhead and Dunn who will be in trouble.
Luckily, as far as I'm concerned, having six on six starting in the forward 50 is going to result in less space than 4 on 5 used to, thus it'll be easier for guys like Langdon and Howe to zone off and intercept.

Who's that guy who captains the suns

Did he play for us

NOW WHAT DID WE GET FOR HIM?
Why

WE PROCRASTINATED AND GOT REAMED , he should have had value added and got us something better

Remember those melts

Funny things those contracts aren't they.

Mark this down

The new rules will expose Tom Langdon for pace ( remember round 1 hawthorn , exploited first 4 entries)

Nowhere to hide with these new rules

Let's hope he doesn't play on rowan

Que? Why does this myth about Langdon being a plodder continually get perpetuated?

The amount of times I read about Langdon being slow does my head in. He's significantly faster than all of the guys that you want to add into the team. I understand that the first impression is that Langdon is slow, because he is when the ball is in his hands. But surely he's played enough games for us Collingwood supporters to have noticed that he's very very quick when the ball isn't in his hands and shuts down more space more quickly than any of our other defenders. If a new rule is going to cause issues for defenders who lack pace, it sure as hell won't be Langdon who will struggle. It'll be Shaz, Murphy, Roughhead and Dunn who will be in trouble.
Luckily, as far as I'm concerned, having six on six starting in the forward 50 is going to result in less space than 4 on 5 used to, thus it'll be easier for guys like Langdon and Howe to zone off and intercept.

Was reported to have had the quickest sprint speed in a game a few years ago (33 KMH from memory) and you'd assume he's often delivering something up around that. It's his closing speed that enables his intercept work.

Sydney and Fremantle were very keen to snap Langdon up just a few months back (despite the new rule coming in!), so it seems those clubs (at least) didn't see too many flaws in his game.

Sydney and Fremantle were very keen to snap Langdon up just a few months back (despite the new rule coming in!), so it seems those clubs (at least) didn't see too many flaws in his game.

First Sydney and freo have no defensive depth
And freo are/ were trying to retain players , the brothers are close and they don't Wanta lose ed
Also a very very very small ( short) ground 10 meters each end as BT POINTED OUT
Less leading space

Even less when congestion applies as buddy is often isolated with 2 players in offensive spots him and defender

Last edited:
Was reported to have had the quickest sprint speed in a game a few years ago (33 KMH from memory) and you'd assume he's often delivering something up around that. It's his closing speed that enables his intercept work.

Played on bigs last year

Round 1 carved up by silk a 90 year old man first 4 entries hitting up

Moved quickly off him

Looked like he a either not quick or has slow reflexes or is he just too loose or did he just have a shocker

Maybe re watch and see if my concerns have merit

Played on bigs last year

Moved quickly off him

Looked like he a either not quick or has slow reflexes or is he just too loose or did he just have a shocker

The team played like sh** in that first game, the coach(es) appeared to be clueless, and at that stage I'd have been prepared to settle for about 12th spot at the end of the year! Judging anyone on how they played that day is pretty harsh, I'd say.

Played on bigs last year

Moved quickly off him

Although he did take Robbie Gray to the cleaners, Langdon never looks as comfortable on really clever agile forwards. Maynard, Crisp and hopefully Quaynor are our defenders who should play on the elusive types.

The team played like sh** in that first game, the coach(es) appeared to be clueless, and at that stage I'd have been prepared to settle for about 12th spot at the end of the year! Judging anyone on how they played that day is pretty harsh, I'd say.

So the team played like s**t

Coaches were clueless

More we were exposed by the hawks stopping our run and forcing us to kick to their zone

Great coaching by clarkson if say

Picked our weakness ( burns info) and kept going to it regular for optimum results

Got moved and rarely played on leading forwards since

We were lucky the 90 year old did a hammy

Here's a ?

If sack hadn't done his knee
He would have been a obvious selection

Remove this Banner Ad

Back