Multiplat The Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
That spec sounds good too. The most underwhelming was the demo/grenade dude. Talents for LMG seem like a waste. In D1 it was easier to suppress a heap of enemies for crowd control but that seems harder to do in D2 which is probably why I haven't seen anyone roll with a LMG yet.

You rang?

Large clip, rapid fire, no aiming necessary? It's the perfect weapon.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
At least the flow of gear upgrades are steady. I just made it to WT2 so it's time to get grinding. I'm just slapping on highest gear at the moment, I don't care for stats or builds right now, I'll save that for WT5. Vendors are handy that they are stocking gear score upgrades usually. Currently using a black market AK with some brutal perks. I found the stability on the black market AKs in D1 a bit hard to control personally but this one was easy to mod to almost max stability while keeping reasonable accuracy and range and it's just shredding stuff at the moment. Miss my 250 G36C though, haven't found one since.

Feb 6, 2007
Melb, Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
At least the flow of gear upgrades are steady. I just made it to WT2 so it's time to get grinding. I'm just slapping on highest gear at the moment, I don't care for stats or builds right now, I'll save that for WT5. Vendors are handy that they are stocking gear score upgrades usually. Currently using a black market AK with some brutal perks. I found the stability on the black market AKs in D1 a bit hard to control personally but this one was easy to mod to almost max stability while keeping reasonable accuracy and range and it's just shredding stuff at the moment. Miss my 250 G36C though, haven't found one since.

Im doing the same thing at the moment, just getting my gear score up but not coming across many good Assault rifles as yet. Make sure you keep all the guns with good perks, they will be useful late game

Just got to WT3 last night after staying up way to late last night. Missions are getting steadily header which is great to see and haven't touched the hard mode yet but probably will tonight so i can get the exotic pistol to kill those friggin robot dogs

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Im doing the same thing at the moment, just getting my gear score up but not coming across many good Assault rifles as yet. Make sure you keep all the guns with good perks, they will be useful late game

I’ve been vendoring everything without looking lol. Two invasion/stronghold runs and my inventory is nearly full and I vow not to repeat D1 where my stash was full of “just in case I’ll use it later” haha. I think I’ll get a bit more organised by WT4 for WT5. For now I just want to burn through. After finishing a WT1 stronghold and moving to WT2 all I did was check a couple vendors and sort through what I picked up and instantly hit 305. At this rate I don’t think it will take long at all. Actually looking for to grinding WT5 for best in slot and good rolls. Nothing against the whole levelling thing, I’ve really enjoyed it, but I just want to get to the good part now.

Feb 6, 2007
Melb, Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
I’ve been vendoring everything without looking lol. Two invasion/stronghold runs and my inventory is nearly full and I vow not to repeat D1 where my stash was full of “just in case I’ll use it later” haha. I think I’ll get a bit more organised by WT4 for WT5. For now I just want to burn through. After finishing a WT1 stronghold and moving to WT2 all I did was check a couple vendors and sort through what I picked up and instantly hit 305. At this rate I don’t think it will take long at all. Actually looking for to grinding WT5 for best in slot and good rolls. Nothing against the whole levelling thing, I’ve really enjoyed it, but I just want to get to the good part now.

Whats your thoughts on going vendor over deconstructing? Deconstructing certainly seems the way to go most of the time?

Especially the High end gear

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Whats your thoughts on going vendor over deconstructing? Deconstructing certainly seems the way to go most of the time?

Especially the High end gear

I deconstruct when I’m not maxed on materials. I’ve made all of the mods from 0-30 and not bothering with daily or weekly fulfilling projects until WT5 as well so I’m only vendoring for now. Recalibration will get expensive so the credits will be worth it.

Feb 6, 2007
Melb, Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
I deconstruct when I’m not maxed on materials. I’ve made all of the mods from 0-30 and not bothering with daily or weekly fulfilling projects until WT5 as well so I’m only vendoring for now. Recalibration will get expensive so the credits will be worth it.
Makes sense i suppose

However when it does say that you have maxed materials you need to be mindful that its usually referring to the basic "grey" components and not the yellow/high end components

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Makes sense i suppose

However when it does say that you have maxed materials you need to be mindful that its usually referring to the basic "grey" components and not the yellow/high end components

Yep, but having never recalibrated anything yet I’m swimming in mats. I can’t even pick them up which triggers me when I see the colours on the map :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Ok, I gotta ask. What is WT(number)?

World Tier. Once you hit 30 there are five world tiers that are divided by gear score. In the first game you could increase and decrease it at your own wish, but this time once you meet a set of requirements you are bumped up a tier with no way of dropping down.

Without spoiling anything, I recommend that before anyone hits 30 AND completes all three strongholds for the first time (they’re story related), to clear all side missions if that’s their plan. Nothing is stopping you from doing it later but... things turn on their head a little.

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Without spoiling anything, I recommend that before anyone hits 30 AND completes all three strongholds for the first time (they’re story related), to clear all side missions if that’s their plan. Nothing is stopping you from doing it later but... things turn on their head a little.

So story missions (until strongholds) then all side missions then complete strongholds?

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
So story missions (until strongholds) then all side missions then complete strongholds?

Just don't knock over all 3 strongholds until you're ready to move on. I had two or three side missions left, and as they scale with your level I figured I'd do the strongholds for some gear then smash them. Only it whisked me away to WT1 straight away :huh:

World Tier. Once you hit 30 there are five world tiers that are divided by gear score. In the first game you could increase and decrease it at your own wish, but this time once you meet a set of requirements you are bumped up a tier with no way of dropping down.

yep very much this.

do all the side missions before finishing all strongholds.

and i dont think this is revealing too much, but the last side mission you have to complete, you have to actually find it, it doesn't show on your map.

that's all i'll say. I thought my game was glitchy or bugged, drove me nuts until i worked it out. just thought id save some others from the same pain ha ha.

I hit level 30 yesterday and in WT1, completed all the strongholds once i had hit level 30. Did 80% of the first 1 by myself then a mate joined in at the end and we ripped through it.

completed the last 2 with a mate who was WT3 I think, and we made pretty quick work of it.

Looking forward to the next part of the game!

in other news, a bit of info was leaked about the raids that will be coming in, so no official confirmation on how true this all is, but worth a read.

https://gamerant.com/division-2-raid-leak/

the main take from that is the raids are going to take a bloody long time and require proper teamwork. which is fantastic.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Nice! Probably on par with other game's raids though in terms of length. Even the strongholds are pretty lengthy, about 2-3 times that of a regular mission.

yep very much this.

and i dont think this is revealing too much, but the last side mission you have to complete, you have to actually find it, it doesn't show on your map.

that's all i'll say. I thought my game was glitchy or bugged, drove me nuts until i worked it out. just thought id save some others from the same pain ha ha.

I'm currently rolling through WT4 so I'm a bit beyond spoilers now and thought I'd look up to see if I missed said side mission, turns out there are five! Looking a the names and how to find them I think I have already done them all anyway.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Boo, didn't realise WT5 was currently locked. WT4 is the highest currently because Tidal Basin is locked. Managed 443gs tonight so it was finally time to start keeping stuff with decent perks to get ready for 450. I was just farming random hard mission match making and wondering why it was so hard to kill anything compared to everyone else... turns out I had a 403 weapon equipped the entire time instead of the 442 G36C I thought I had on. Would love to find a decent black market AK though. Nothing seems to punch quite as much.

Jul 11, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Very cool game, sucked in already. Only level 10 but having lots of fun. Although I don’t really understand the dark zone.. everything just kills me and I don’t see the point of it yet.. I think you need friends to play with in that area?

Also any reason why people don’t answer a call for help? I do all the time.. all in all fun game, recon I should join a clan soon, and maybe a head set to chat in game ?? Perhaps

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Very cool game, sucked in already. Only level 10 but having lots of fun. Although I don’t really understand the dark zone.. everything just kills me and I don’t see the point of it yet.. I think you need friends to play with in that area?

Also any reason why people don’t answer a call for help? I do all the time.. all in all fun game, recon I should join a clan soon, and maybe a head set to chat in game ?? Perhaps

Dark Zone really is designed to be a group activity. It can be done solo if you know what you’re doing but the intention was for groups. The point of it is it is the best place to farm for gear. It is a high risk, high reward area as you can be killed by other agents who can pinch anything you’ve picked up in there and haven’t lifted it out.

People probably aren’t answering because they can’t be bothered lol. As bad as that sounds. I’m constantly hammered with requests but I just ignore them as I am always doing my own thing.

Clans are a great way to find groups for content. As time goes on however the bulk of the player base also moves along in content. I’m finding more people now in end game content than I did for levelling content. Luckily this was predicted when the game was developed and the entire levels 1-30 experience can be done solo if you play smart with maybe the exception of strongholds. This is an improvement from the first game when this wasn’t considered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back