Official Match Thread Season 27, Round 6: Dragons FFC vs Gumbies FFC @ Ljp86s' Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

dragonsgumbies-jpg.637128

Two clubs that suffered through so much last season have bounced back to become two of the better on field teams so far this season.

With a horror off-season now in the rear view mirror, the Dragons have only lost one match, but their wins have been close and scrappy, and they were lucky to escape with a draw against the Bears, despite a career best performance from star rookie AceAndy.

The Gumbies, meanwhile, are coming off the back of a close but comfortable win over the high flying Warriors, and will be looking to continue their streak with co-captains BRAB and Fryer Tuck returning from suspension.

There's a top 4 spot up for grabs, who can capitalize?

LAST TIME THEY MET

Season 26, Round 7

Dragons FFC lost to Gumbies FFC @ Dragon Island
14.6 (90) - 14.15 (99)

PLAYERS TO WATCH

DRAGONS

SaltPeter

A quiet achiever on field, SaltPeter has had a mildly impressive run in the midfield in his debut season. Can he keep living up to his name and piss off the Gumbies?

Hatchy1992

Relieved of the captaincy, Hatchy moved to the wing this season, and has been a cornerstone of the Dragons attack. With the weight removed, can he keep going?

GUMBIES

Jivlain

Enigmatic full-forward Jivlain is sitting comfortably in the top 5 in the Fred chase, but leads the behind count. Can he focus his kicking and hit double digits?

Uncle_Leo

After criticising his captain and getting called out by other posters, Leo has an uphill battle to reclaim what little respect he had. Is this the game where he gets it back?

Phenom's Tip:

Too close to call

Captains, please have your team sheets posted in the team sheet thread by 11:59pm AEDT on Thursday.

Gumbies, we are going to s**t all over this Dragon's team.View attachment 637316
I've found out where the Gumbies are going wrong, they are such an uncivilised bunch they think that team sheets still get printed. If your team concentrated on posting your team sheet you wouldn't be stuck in sixth position.

I've found out where the Gumbies are going wrong, they are such an uncivilised bunch they think that team sheets still get printed. If your team concentrated on posting your team sheet you wouldn't be stuck in sixth position.
It's important to respect the Old Ways. Have you no sense of tradition?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You used to be a decent poster, what the hell happened to you? Very lazy posting mate
Lost of bit of interest last season and now I’m trying to slowly get back into it. So forgive me but I’m a bit rusty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back