Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't understand how you could play a half in the VFL, but not be ready for AFL. Surely, if not ready, doesnt play. Or plays half a game in seniors. However, reckon latter probably a risk, unfair on a fully fit bloke and as s**t as Carlton are reeks of arrogance.
He's clearly close. If he's not ready to play a full game in the ones, he'll play half a game in the twos because that's all he needs. If he is ready to play a full game in the ones, he will.

It's a bit of a complex situation really. If we're planning on really managing his workload in the VFL, that says to me he isn't 100% ready and should play VFL. Can't take that risk into an AFL game.

If he's ready and a low risk of further injury, I'd still give him a VFL game ordinarily since he hasn't played a live game in 12 months, just so he can blow out the cobwebs. But looking at our draw, I'd lean towards playing him against Carlton. After Carlton, we go on probably our toughest run of the season. Collingwood, GWS (away), Port (away), Sydney (Marvel) and Melbourne. Imagine going from half a VFL practice game against the worst VFL team, to Collingwood in R2. That'd be tough.
With all due respect to the Blues, I think we should be able to take care of them even if Lynch is a little bit off (certainly if we lose he'll be the least of our issues), and they provide a better progression into R2 so hopefully he can fire on most/all cylinders thereafter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thing with Lynch is, if he says he's ready to play, play him...
If no debut this week, then when's a good time?

Rd 2 vs Pies is a high pressure / high stakes grudge match?
Rd 3 vs Giants on the road?
Rd 4 vs Port in Adelaide?
Rd 5 vs Swans at Docklands on a crappy surface?

All teams that will be desperate to knock us off and try and gain and edge on us.

Bite the bullet against the Blues and let him loose.

Thing with Lynch is, if he says he's ready to play, play him...
If no debut this week, then when's a good time?

Rd 2 vs Pies is a high pressure / high stakes grudge match?
Rd 3 vs Giants on the road?
Rd 4 vs Port in Adelaide?
Rd 5 vs Swans at Docklands on a crappy surface?

All teams that will be desperate to knock us off and try and gain and edge on us.

Bite the bullet against the Blues and let him loose.
Agree he knows his body better than anyone

Can't believe no one posted it yet..... HE'S IN!!!!!!!! :p:p:p

#LYNCHMOND
0cd43a1f711e7a38a32858b2e0c65518.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back