Round 1 Discussion (Dedicated to Jiska)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

From an article on ALF.com posted a few mins ago

"The Gold Coast coach confirmed Chris Burgess, recruited from SANFL club West Adelaide, would also make his debut"

I'm locking him in. Decent early run for the Suns and he looked likely in the JLT. DPP is also handy, especially with Moore

OK dumb question time and its probably been covered. At what point do they stop unlimited trades? It is at the bounce on Thursday or is there a rolling lockout type thing?
Unlimited trades of all players until the bounce down of their respective games.

OK dumb question time and its probably been covered. At what point do they stop unlimited trades? It is at the bounce on Thursday or is there a rolling lockout type thing?
We can still trade thru R1 .....but not any players in teams that have played

Unlimited trades ceases Thursday night ....Carl v Rich

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From an article on ALF.com posted a few mins ago

"The Gold Coast coach confirmed Chris Burgess, recruited from SANFL club West Adelaide, would also make his debut"

I'm locking him in. Decent early run for the Suns and he looked likely in the JLT. DPP is also handy, especially with Moore
Not going to score much ? ......will be a slow burn, but good if you have Moore

My current team doesnt have Gibbons. Worried that Scott gets named on the extended bench so then u dont really know if he made the cut or not. Still dont understand why they cant game name their team on thursday dumb flogs. Is one last training session going to tell you something u dont know. Not counting any fitness tests. You can change until 30 mins before the game anyway for injuries.

My current team doesnt have Gibbons. Worried that Scott gets named on the extended bench so then u dont really know if he made the cut or not. Still dont understand why they cant game name their team on thursday dumb flogs. Is one last training session going to tell you something u dont know. Not counting any fitness tests. You can change until 30 mins before the game anyway for injuries.
I've got both Gibbons and Scott .....Gibbons will get games, but he can also act as my rolling donut backup to the "mighty" Bines

Not going to score much ? ......will be a slow burn, but good if you have Moore
Could slot a few goals and pump out a 70+ score
Better than McKay from North I reckon for the same price

I've got both Gibbons and Scott .....Gibbons will get games, but he can also act as my rolling donut backup to the "mighty" Bines

Hmmm might just stick with scott anyway because north do have a lot of sunday games early so he does make a good rookie loophole for the first 2 games if he doesnt play. I can make a corrective to whoever is the best of on the bubble for rnd 3. Yeah it prob a waste of a trade but might net me valuable point early and I generally make a corrective trade at that point anyway.

Damn that's a good point. Just wait for the teams to drop. North will post an article on their site, it will either say "Scott will debut" or "Scott is in the mix to debut". A lot of the time debutants are confirmed before final teams are named.

A lot of teams confirm their debutants a few days early, hopefully North will follow suit.

Could slot a few goals and pump out a 70+ score
Better than McKay from North I reckon for the same price

My only prob is that I have them both in my fwd line because I really dont like Petreculles and Baltas JS and I think the rookies defenders might outscore them anyway. Burgess should play every week by the looks of things. But if scrimshaw isnt named Burgess goes into the backline and I will pick 1 of Balta/Pet up forward. I can even switch someoneas a corrective trade after rnd 2 if need be because I wont need to use the DPP that early. Either way with injuries etc it wont be long before make the switch when necessary to enable the DPP swing set.

Playing rooks usually announced this wk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back