Free Agency Stephen Coniglio

Where do you think he will play in 2020 and beyond?

• GWS

Votes: 61 12.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 179 35.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 185 36.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 27 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbone McGraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
If GWS can't keep Cogs and Kelly after losing Shiel and Scully, something is wrong at that club.

However I am sure they keep both.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
When he comes to Hawthorn, it will only be for a few hours, and you'll be calling him 'sir' after he rips your team apart in the game!

Games for points have not been played out at Glenferrie Oval since 1973.....However, given the ginormous GWS following in Victoria, it might not be such a bad suggestion after all.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
If GWS can't keep Cogs and Kelly after losing Shiel and Scully, something is wrong at that club.

However I am sure they keep both.
I love how vics talk up how easy it is to keep players.

Pretty easy for them when most players grew up on their state.

If we lose both, I don't think we will lose either but we will lose a couple, then that doesn't mean the club is in a disaster.
We have had a few stars sign on for life.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes this much is obvious if in fact GWS don't know his intentions to stay of go so yeah get your manager to play as much shadow games as he likes to milk them for every penny you want. However Isaac Cumming No 1 seems to think that the club already knows he's staying because it was already agreed to that they would let other players go. So really what purpose does holding out till the end of the season achieve if the club already know he's staying? I'll wait…

Unsure why it's so hard to grasp this concept?

'Hello GWS, I want to stay bc i love it here. Great, how much do you want? Let's wait and see how much I'm worth'.

As you know, GWS have cleared cap space to meet the expected requirement.

Last edited:
May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Unsure why it's so hard to grasp this concept?

'Hello GWS, I want to stay bc i love it here. Great, how much do you want? Let's wait and see how much I'm worth'.

As you know, GWS have cleared cap space to meet the expected requirement.

Cogs has been in the AFL system for almost 7 years now so if GWS don't know what he's worth and fail to offer it to him then they deserve to lose him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Cogs has been in the AFL system for almost 7 years now so if GWS don't know what he's worth and fail to offer it to him then they deserve to lose him. I'm not surprised that you would think that way because that's the problem with teams like North Melbourne's. While they stand around and wait other teams do sh*t in the background whilst only to have everyone else pass them by and pull the rug right from underneath them.
Almost 7 years? Do tell

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
I always think being accurate is worth doing. The fact you dont says a lot about you, and it shows in your posting generally.

I can see this is going to be a long back and forth between you and myself until we know where / what Cogs is doing. No matter what I say you are going to take it as a personal attack, Hawthorn arrogance and blah blah blah. If that's he way you want it then that's fine but have you seriously sat down and thought to yourself 'hey what if he actually intends to go there'?

I haven't once been rude to you on this thread but it seems that you have a huge issue with me and in reference to the bolded copy above all I am getting from your posting is the type of person that you are. Personally I just think that your worried that he'll jump ship.

Also as I mentioned to you earlier in this thread that its not so fun that the shoe is now on the other foot like when you guys were chasing Buddy but still couldn't land him even with AFL paving the way to get him there. Karma is a mofo and usually comes back twice as hard.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
tenor.gif

Tbone McGraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I love how vics talk up how easy it is to keep players.

Pretty easy for them when most players grew up on their state.

If we lose both, I don't think we will lose either but we will lose a couple, then that doesn't mean the club is in a disaster.
We have had a few stars sign on for life.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I actually live in Sydney but support Collingwood.

I like GWS and think they will succeed long term.

Tbone McGraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I moved to Sydney before then as well. Edelsten ruined the Swans for me and I was an interstate Hawks member for years, albeit with no Victorian background. Felt comfortable jumping ship to the Giants.
That is interesting as I have a belief you can not change teams after the age of 10, unless you have a family member play.

However I know you are a passionate gws supporter so I will not question you.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
I moved to Sydney before then as well. Edelsten ruined the Swans for me and I was an interstate Hawks member for years, albeit with no Victorian background. Felt comfortable jumping ship to the Giants.

Let me guess.....We were too successful for your liking, & you felt like the need for some pain & suffering instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back