Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In powerlifting realms a 2 hour training session is on the shorter side lol.
Blaine Sumner (big USA lifter) trains like 24 hours a week and most (if not all) the guys at Westside Barbell do 8-12 sessions a week.

In powerlifting realms a 2 hour training session is on the shorter side lol.
Blaine Sumner (big USA lifter) trains like 24 hours a week and most (if not all) the guys at Westside Barbell do 8-12 sessions a week.

Are sets done in quick succession, or is there a substantial break (of any kind) between sets. Just curious and irgnorant in this regard

Are sets done in quick succession, or is there a substantial break (of any kind) between sets. Just curious and irgnorant in this regard
Substantial break in between working sets typically. I’ll take anywhere from 5-8 minutes for my deadlift and squat day between sets if I’m going on the heavy side.

5 minutes between sets is probably the most common for powerlifters, with 10-15 minutes definitely not uncommon and I’ve heard of people going longer than that.
I prefer to just stick to the lower end as 1) session goes faster and 2) you won’t get caught out in smaller comps where you don’t get as much rest (I don’t find the reverse, having to wait 15-25 minutes between attempts, affects me as much as having to take attempts sooner than I’m ready for).

Last edited:
gdcc250-hero_331be28b-63a6-4eab-8369-6ceb143f5bf7_600x.jpg

last night a bloke was doing triceps last night on one side. between sets he sat in the middle. not much space for anyone else to use the other side. no less than 16 mins did he sit there.

I was doing leg stuff on Saturday when a PT was giving a kid a lesson.

I had to squat opposite him, and was doing my thing with the kid left and PT started loading up the bar, slamming weights and throwing 250kg deadlifts around the shop...making sure everyone heard.

Really ruined my quiet, focused vibe.
This guy was back, and he followed me to the other racks to lift and throw s**t around

Thankfully my session was nearly over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This guy was back, and he followed me to the other racks to lift and throw s**t around

Thankfully my session was nearly over
I think it’s in your head.

This PT isn’t going to follow you around just to make you feel inadequate, I think he’s just using the equipment and happens to be in the same area as you.

I think it’s in your head.

This PT isn’t going to follow you around just to make you feel inadequate, I think he’s just using the equipment and happens to be in the same area as you.

But last week, I was in the far corner.

This week I was on the other side of the room. That far corner spot was free.

Regardless, I have now resorted to watching his technique and listening to him talk to whoever, just to get some free tips ;)

I find that listening to PT's do their sessions with other people in the gym is a good way to get a understanding of new techniques

But last week, I was in the far corner.

This week I was on the other side of the room. That far corner spot was free.

Regardless, I have now resorted to watching his technique and listening to him talk to whoever, just to get some free tips ;)

I find that listening to PT's do their sessions with other people in the gym is a good way to get a understanding of new techniques
Once again, I think he’s just using the equipment and happened to end up near you. No one just goes to the complete furthest away spot.

That’s a good idea though! Also ask him for a hand after he’s done with his client if you have any questions.

So I thought I would be super smart and would do my gym sesh at 8AM on a Sunday morning because surely nobody else will be at the gym at that time...the ******* place was busier than 7PM on a Wednesday night :(

It was a good session though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back