Emerg: Crowden, Bewley, Shultz, Jones

Ryan Pearce Hughes
Wilson Hamling Conca
B. Hill Mundy Langdon
Walters Taberner Colyer
Ballantyne Lobb McCarthy

Darcy Fyfe Brayshaw

Tucker Banfield Cerra Giro

Not considered: Hogan, Sandilands, Bennell, S Hill, Blakely, Logue, Switowski, Matera, Valente, Dixon

I think that with the rule changes and no Neale, Mundy is worth more to us in the Centre that forward. Logue, Tabs, B.Hill are all Tests. Assuming all 3 are fit I would go in with something like:

Ryan Pearce Logue
Wilson Hamling Conca
B.Hill Tucker Langdon
Walters Tabs Colyer
Ballas Lobb Banfield

Darcy Mundy Fyfe

Brayshaw Cerra Hughes McCarthy

With Tabs playing, Lobb is 2nd ruck. If Tabs doesn't play then bring in Jones and leave Lobb forward.

Logue is playing in the Peel scratchie apparently. Clearly no room for him in our strong line up.

One of the journos (Travis King) reported that the coach said that Logue would play at Peel this week.

I overlooked Giro when I was scrolling through the names left to pick from the senior list - he's still on the rookie list.

I think we'll go for some speed up forward - so I'm not sure if McCarthy will get picked or we go with more smalls, but its much of a muchness with the options.

I do think Colyer will play because he's gone though the midfield a couple of times in JLT, and with the thin midfield, I reckon they'll want some extra rotation options a couple of times a quarter along with the likes of Banfield, Walters, Mundy and Cerra, joining Fyfe, Conca, Brayshaw.

Switkowski looks like coming back soon and Matera being available for selection Round 2, so there's some pressure at least on one of the small forwards to perform.

Last edited:
Cerra HB and Conca in the guts
>
Conca HB and Cerra in the guts
Conca on the flank but I don't see why it's a mutually exclusive situation. Cerra is our most promising midfielder under the age of Nat Fyfe.

Nyhuis played his juniors at half back, Banfield could play anywhere and has that 'yep gotcha' mentality that means he'll try hard wherever he is, Hughes has gone downhill since his first few games but he can go there, or else we can do the smart thing and play Mundy as a half-back so we can get midfield, proper formative minutes into the Brayshaw and Cerra gang.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, we’ll be alright. Backs to the wall! Us by 11 pts. C’mon!

I just don't see where the goals come from and i think we're considerably weaker on almost every line but hope like hell you're right. I see us coming out breathing fire but unless we translate that into early scoreboard pressure (5-6 lead goal 1st qtr) I see us petering out and falling in a heap due to fatigue and costly skill errors.

I just don't see where the goals come from and i think we're considerably weaker on almost every line but hope like hell you're right. I see us coming out breathing fire but unless we translate that into early scoreboard pressure (5-6 lead goal 1st qtr) I see us petering out and falling in a heap due to fatigue and costly skill errors.
Agree totally.

The team hasn't been named, but I have serious doubts about our ability to kick a winning score. Lobb will be double teamed, McCarthy hasn't been seen in pre-season, Tabs couldn't possibly be fully fit. Add to that Fyfe hasn't played for a month, Darcy is a long way short of full match fitness, etc, etc.

We would need to be a mile in front at halftime to have any hope.

I can see Ballas playing as our deepest forward by 3/4 time.:'(

My 22 for this week from the limited options to choose from.
We can certainly win even with so many outs.
Nyhius Hamling Wilson
Ryan Pearce Duman
Cerra Fyfe Langdon
Walters McCarthy Banfield
Mundy Lobb Colyer

Darcy Brayshaw Conca

B. Hill Ballantyne Schultz Bewley

My 22 for this week from the limited options to choose from.
We can certainly win even with so many outs.
Nyhius Hamling Wilson
Ryan Pearce Duman
Cerra Fyfe Langdon
Walters McCarthy Banfield
Mundy Lobb Colyer

Darcy Brayshaw Conca

B. Hill Ballantyne Schultz Bewley
Be good when we can get 22 out there that have actually played together before.
Or even 18 or 16 even.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back